British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Witches v wolves 28th June, TV meeting

14 hours ago, Bash said:

Congrats to Wolves who capitalised on too many mistakes from the Witches tonight. Woeful display from the witches apart from Danny, Anders & Starke. Crump should never have ridden. Would someone remind me why we signed Cook, and again our riders ride totally the wrong lines and get passed for fun. Can someone  also explain to me why we picked 2&4 in heat 15, was that down to Ritchie or the riders. Looked a poor crowd tonight even the £1000 couldn't get them there. Season over as we ain't getting anywhere near the top four with this team.

2 and 4 were the best gates in the last half of the meeting and had won the last 3 heats. Very easy to see why. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinny said:

What about the dross served up weekly at Kirky Lane?

Not all clubs are lucky enough to be bailed out by the local council sadly , so you do have a short memory. From what I am told, crowds even at full capacity are hardly holding up enough to keep Belle Vue in action long term either. 

Don't think I've seen one positive post from you yet. Just negativity followed by negativity. Are you a Speedway fan because all your comments lead me to believe that you simply want the sport to fail.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Think it’s only 7 riders that ride only top flight. Every other rider rides in 2 leagues.

Is Paul Starke one of them or does he have a team in both leagues? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure if he's star struck or gobsmacked,  but well done to him

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Think it’s only 7 riders that ride only top flight. Every other rider rides in 2 leagues.

So just where are these riders going to come from to make it one big league?

Whilst I really hope they persevere with the rising star scheme it needs to be 2 for the top flight.

Whilst there may be some riders gained from the NL you can add to the mix a lot just aren’t good enough for a higher league whilst the development leagues there is an even bigger gulf.

So there simply isn’t enough suitable standard riders to make one big league. 

Think I have said it until I am blue in the face, but the "main event" of British Speedway should be a British Grand Prix Championship rather than the one-off British Final

Use this event for Eurosport, have it sponsored, decent prize money, see if Eurosport could change the TV slot to other days i.e. weekends perhaps

Most riders domestically are aiming for Poland, realistically not many will get there, if they do only a few make it pay, so why not have a British Championship for British Riders that is the pinnacle of British Racing and offers the prize money that will get people racing Speedway, should over a number of years (with the correct investment in youth speedway with a clear path to Semi Professional & Professional racing) increase the number of British riders coming through the system

League Racing should be 2 leagues (British & National) 

• Like 3

Me and my boy were there last night it's his 2nd ever speedway meeting and my 2nd since I went 30 years ago 

Anyway loads of people saying the witches did crap I dont think they did 

They were doing really well up till heat 13 i thought there was a strong chance of a draw or maybe those win points but it was a loss on heat 15 but I enjoyed it 

8 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

The greyhound track was completely different to Hyde road and the NSS. Small track , with wide  tight bends.

I have lots of converted dvds with good racing from the early days at the dog track. When John Perrin let stock cars in , then the track became very variable.... all dependant on how much track work had been done

In the latter part of the dog track’s days , Colin Meredith was brought in to do the track and we went back to a well prepared track with good racing.

There are quite a few British tracks that I rarely go to as they generally speaking are not conducive to giving good  quality racing.

Go and count the corks on your hat numpty you know nothing about b/vue or its finances :rofl: green eyed jealousy any club would take any handouts from local council numpty 

2 hours ago, GAH said:

Go and count the corks on your hat numpty you know nothing about b/vue or its finances :rofl: green eyed jealousy any club would take any handouts from local council numpty 

Don't be so disrespectful to Kirkylane constructive post, you are the numpty!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pinny said:

Not all clubs are lucky enough to be bailed out by the local council sadly , so you do have a short memory. From what I am told, crowds even at full capacity are hardly holding up enough to keep Belle Vue in action long term either. 

go and count the corks on your hat numpty you know naff all about b/vue and it's finanaces ask any club if they would like a stadium built like NSS or similar by there local council answer is yes you numpty unreal comment numpty !!

As the saying goes (with some poetic licence added)

If at first you don't succeed troll and troll again...:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Pinny said:

I can’t recall BV being bailed out by the council. The council agreed to build a stadium in the east part of Manchester, I believe, termed Sport City. That’s due to Manchester City stadium and National Velodrome, plus other sporting venues concentrated it that area. Man City stadium was originally where the Commonwealth games were held. And did you see NATIONAL Velodrome, no doubt it was the council that named NATIONAL Speedway Stadium. Yes they put a lot of money into it, what promotor would like that done in their city/town. Everyone should be joyful there is such a good stadium with amazing race track in Uk/Britain/England, not knocking it.

4 hours ago, GAH said:

go and count the corks on your hat numpty you know naff all about b/vue and it's finanaces ask any club if they would like a stadium built like NSS or similar by there local council answer is yes you numpty unreal comment numpty !!

At least the corks on my hat arent as big as the penis growing off your forehead. I see you have overtaken Starman as the forums resident pillock, probably even worse. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

At least the corks on my hat arent as big as the penis growing off your forehead. I see you have overtaken Starman as the forums resident pillock, probably even worse. 

Oh someone's upset didums do do grow up you numpty and grow a pair :rofl: remember to pick those toys up you threw out of your pram mard arse :party: