British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Newcastle CL 9/7/21 @19.30

22 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

Weather forecast isn't great.

Not 3 weeks of call offs please, mon big yin dae us a favour. 

Sun literally splitting the clouds, scorchio!!!

Brilliant meeting, not reflected in the score but take it from me that was fantastic entertainment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

55-35 is respectable enough.

Yeah our supposedly poor team ain't doing to bad mate.. let's hope some of the stay away fans return 

• Like 1

Really enjoyed that tonight , credit to Newcastle who never gave up and played there part in making it  a very entertaining meeting.

Everyone chipping in bar Connor who was well on the pace , some more laps and he will be fine.

• Like 1

Better meeting than i thought it was going to be , any race when Ben Barker was in was entertaining,  especially heats 13 and 15 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Oh dear... hearing on the grape vine a small change for the Diamonds at No 7... I wont say rumour because that stupid Mackem Ringitsneck gets his knickers in a twist... however JPB not very well so looks like he will be replaced by Archie Freeman... Be a tough one for young Archie and definitely a "Baptism of Fire" but good luck and stay safe...

Regards
THJ

The experience would have been great for Archie & I'm sure our manager STEVE would have kept his head level

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Oh dear you got a sad face off the very man... PMSL...

Regards 

THJ

& I still can't sleep about the little sad boat race ha

On 7/8/2021 at 7:51 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

If I was in the North East I would but I can't get owt like that in Maryport unfortunately... I begrudge paying my TV liecence over there because I can only get BBC Scotland on the telly... and I don't have an internet connection either so am stuffed really...

Just seen the above post from Marshall7 and I like Micheal Max great guy very knowledgeable and done a great job at Worky when he was there...

So updates will be ok and to be honest I think it might be a bit one-sided to be fair... and I don't want to see grown men cry when the Diamonds win...

Bazzinger...

Regards

THU 

Did you enjoy ya granda nap

3 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yeah our supposedly poor team ain't doing to bad mate.. let's hope some of the stay away fans return 

No offence, but if getting pumped by 20 points is a success in your eyes, good for you.
I'm not sure if it is the sort of result that would really bring back the "stay away" fans that you talk about...but I'll hope that it does.

6 hours ago, HenryW said:

No offence, but if getting pumped by 20 points is a success in your eyes, good for you.
I'm not sure if it is the sort of result that would really bring back the "stay away" fans that you talk about...but I'll hope that it does.

A think the guy was suggesting that the pumping wasn't as bad as expected,,, but would agree, don't think it will entice any glory hunters back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think the guy was suggesting that the pumping wasn't as bad as expected,,, but would agree, don't think it will entice any glory hunters back.

Surely it’s what they’re doing at home that’s important. After all that’s where the vast majority of fans watch them.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MrP said:

Surely it’s what they’re doing at home that’s important. After all that’s where the vast majority of fans watch them.

Agree.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HenryW said:

Yeah ok but from what was quoted by the Glasgow manager I think he was looking for a 65 + score for the home side so for the diamonds to get 35 ain't to bad & that's without Adam roynon & it was young Archie Freeman's 1st ever bash at this league which is great for him as he's got a great future ahead of him