British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Club Merchandise

48 minutes ago, iainb said:

I bought a couple of Rock FC shirts from EMP, a Guns n Roses one and a Volbeat one... about £40 a pop!

Blimey you paid £40 for a t-shirt.....perhaps i will order some :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JIROUT said:

Blimey you paid £40 for a t-shirt.....perhaps i will order some :-)

Yep, people can go a bit daft when it comes to merchandise! You can't get near the merch stalls at music concerts for people wanting to pay over the odds for their bands merchandise!

Wolves have 2 options. The online shop is run by the club itself for the official bigger ticket items, jackets, polo's hoodies etc. When I've used it there's normally several weeks delivery period but the stuff is decent.

Then there is the race night "table" with prog boards, programmes, photos and some clothing which I believe is run independently from. The club.

Pretty good overall I'd say 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iainb said:

I bought a couple of Rock FC shirts from EMP, a Guns n Roses one and a Volbeat one... about £40 a pop!

I meant Lions products other than a programme.

39 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

I meant Lions products other than a programme.

I don't buy a programme, complete waste of money! Lions merch? None, I was looking at the caps a while back but, personally, I thought they were a bit bog standard. I prefer to buy rider merch because I know the money goes to the rider. In the past I have bought rider caps directly from their website and most recently a Chris Harris face mask.

In fact (genuinely) I've been through many airport security facilities around the world wearing a cap with "Bomber" written on the front and never got searched once :rofl:

Craig Cook had some great stuff available to support his GP campaign when he was riding in them

Edited by iainb

28 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

When I go to motogp or even British superbikes,,, the merch is of a very high quality 

Maybe British Speedway should have subbed out their whole merchandising operation...

https://motorsport-merchandise.com/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Maybe British Speedway should have subbed out their whole merchandising operation...

Iain.......As a matter of interest what sort of quantities would you order for each team of this quality merchandise you are striving for

3 hours ago, iainb said:

A lot of the stuff on this page is from exactly the same catalogue as we get it from......Except ours have Leicester Lions on it rathe than " Red Bull" and is normally considerably cheaper,,,which is weird cos we order in 5's and 10's and they order in 1000's so you would think there stuff would be so much cheaper.....funny world

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JIROUT said:

Iain.......As a matter of interest what sort of quantities would you order for each team of this quality merchandise you are striving for

I don't know, I couldn't say off the top of my head, not without knowing supplier costs etc and carrying out some market research

50 minutes ago, JIROUT said:

A lot of the stuff on this page is from exactly the same catalogue as we get it from......Except ours have Leicester Lions on it rathe than " Red Bull" and is normally considerably cheaper,,,which is weird cos we order in 5's and 10's and they order in 1000's so you would think there stuff would be so much cheaper.....funny world

They charge what people will pay... probably why they've got a swanky website and some very high profile clients

Agree  that merchandise is to say the least overpriced. I always buy a  programme is this is part of the the pricing structure to ensure in promoters view the viability of the club financially

49 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't know, I couldn't say off the top of my head, not without knowing supplier costs etc and carrying out some market research

They charge what people will pay... probably why they've got a swanky website and some very high profile clients

Iain.....Wake up mate.....This is a website selling different riders merchandise for a cut themselves....They do not produce the merch themselves ...they sell it for a cut.....I am open to any riders with merchandise to sell it on our website for a cut no problems...I shall wait for the phone to ring

1 hour ago, JIROUT said:

Iain.....Wake up mate.....This is a website selling different riders merchandise for a cut themselves....They do not produce the merch themselves ...they sell it for a cut.....I am open to any riders with merchandise to sell it on our website for a cut no problems...I shall wait for the phone to ring

With respect, may I just remind you that this is the British Speedway Forum and not the Jaybea Designs forum, this thread is a Club Merchandise thread and not a Jaybea Designs thread. If you want to start a Jaybea Designs thread, go for it, it may be a good way to get some feedback on what is or isn't liked. I think it's fair to say that you do have a vested interest where as I'm looking at it from the perspective of the whole sport or clubs and what would be in it's best interests.

Now you operate the merchandise for 7 clubs as I understand it, because for whatever reason they have decided that it's best for them, which leave 11 clubs either doing their own thing, not bothering at all or subbing it out to somebody else. Now whether I like or dislike the quality and/or design of your stuff is irrelevant, I do like some things I don't like others, ultimately sales will decide what's good and what's not.

The BSPL, despite the recent name change is an Association, in some areas it works as a collective, most notably in the selling of its media rights but also in other areas like the holding of the plum "shared events"

So coming on here asking me specific questions like what quantities of stuff I'd order is not the point, I mean how many Valentin Grobauer key rings did you order? Nobody is going to sub their merchandising out to me... who knows they may even sub the whole operation out to you.

Do you think that British Speedway as a whole is maximising it's promotional merchandising operation? If your answer is yes, fair enough, I don't that's all.

Edited by iainb

41 minutes ago, iainb said:

With respect, may I just remind you that this is the British Speedway Forum and not the Jaybea Designs forum, this thread is a Club Merchandise thread and not a Jaybea Designs thread. If you want to start a Jaybea Designs thread, go for it, it may be a good way to get some feedback on what is or isn't liked. I think it's fair to say that you do have a vested interest where as I'm looking at it from the perspective of the whole sport or clubs and what would be in it's best interests.

Now you operate the merchandise for 7 clubs as I understand it, because for whatever reason they have decided that it's best for them, which leave 11 clubs either doing their own thing, not bothering at all or subbing it out to somebody else. Now whether I like or dislike the quality and/or design of your stuff is irrelevant, I do like some things I don't like others, ultimately sales will decide what's good and what's not.

The BSPL, despite the recent name change is an Association, in some areas it works as a collective, most notably in the selling of its media rights but also in other areas like the holding of the plum "shared events"

So coming on here asking me specific questions like what quantities of stuff I'd order is not the point, I mean how many Valentin Grobauer key rings did you order? Nobody is going to sub their merchandising out to me... who knows they may even sub the whole operation out to you.

Do you think that British Speedway as a whole is maximising it's promotional merchandising operation? If your answer is yes, fair enough, I don't that's all.

With all due respect mate....I have not made this thread about my merchandise......In the majority of circumstances i have answered your questions about the champs merchandise and why some clubs sub it out to other companies.....Being someone involved in that side of thing i thought you would like to know the reasoning behind it.....Merchandise is like anything....you cannot please all the people all the time.....but the difference is we try our hardest to cater for all and i think we do that pretty well to be honest.....If the league did go to big companies for merchandise our business would be over i accept that.....But they will never find anyone who loves the sport like we do

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JIROUT said:

Surely that Clothing is bespoke, have never seen it in a Pencarrie catalogue.