British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Redcar vs Poole 20/08/21

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well done Redcar, when it went slick we had no answer. A point but should have dug in for 3.

And again in heats 13 and 15 we are wanting again. Have we ever had an advantage over these two heats? This time we had 1 and 3 and 2 and 4 and were comprehensively beaten out of the tapes on both occasions.  Not acceptable. This is what happens with no Middlo.

For Poole Schlein was woeful. Never at the races. Outgated by Rowe and couldn’t do anything about it.

Basso did possibly better than expected. Going to be a good’ in.

Worrall was excellent but outgated in heat 15.

Neilsen did his job but wasted a point in heat 7 when pipped at the line after looking around. Head down throttle open.

King was good but nowhere off gate 4 in heat 13. Missed it again in heat 15. 

Cook looked tentative and nervous all night. Not surprising as he pranged himself badly there a few weeks ago

Hume battled all night but fell when in third.

For Redcar, Wright, Allen and Toft were solid backed up by a good’un in Rowe.

The big crowd go home happy.

The video stream was excellent top marks. No buffering, good commentary. Just a couple of issues with graphics which improved through the night.

Didn't even go but writing a match report :icon_smile_clown:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Didn't even go but writing a match report :icon_smile_clown:

I watched the stream, which was excellent.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

I watched the stream, which was excellent.

As I said you didn't go :icon_smile_clown:

1 minute ago, Trackrat said:

Are you trying to be ironic? People comment on televised meetings all the time. You comment on the Poole track and you don't go so.....

• Haha 1

Great meeting, in front of a great crowd with a great atmosphere. Thought Poole had the meeting wrapped up if I am honest, but Bears found their gating gloves when it mattered most. 

Thought Basso looked good, I think his heat win was the quickest time of the night? When he gets settled in should be a trump card for Poole. Schlein was poor, and thankfully for us Cook was a shadow of the rider who guested for us. 

Three Bears heat leaders were solid, and Rowe again good at reserve. 

Some very decent races in the second half as well, Kelly v Blair on a couple of occasions produced some great stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trackrat said:

If I watched the meeting I can write a report on it, surely?

You do realise everyone laughs at you, don’t you? You come across as an utterly jealous uneducated plonker who can’t spell basic words.

• Like 2

Couldn’t go but sounds like I missed a good meeting. Thought Poole would win, so excellent fight back. 

There was a stream? 

1 minute ago, boz said:

Great meeting, in front of a great crowd with a great atmosphere. Thought Poole had the meeting wrapped up if I am honest, but Bears found their gating gloves when it mattered most. 

Thought Basso looked good, I think his heat win was the quickest time of the night? When he gets settled in should be a trump card for Poole. Schlein was poor, and thankfully for us Cook was a shadow of the rider who guested for us. 

Three Bears heat leaders were solid, and Rowe again good at reserve. 

Some very decent races in the second half as well, Kelly v Blair on a couple of occasions produced some great stuff. 

Cook's injury probably played on his mind and can't blame him for that especially when he just came back 2 days ago. Is Redcar a track Rory normally struggles at (I know every rider has one!) Or maybe just an off night? 

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If I watched the meeting I can write a report on it, surely?

You do realise everyone laughs at you, don’t you? You come across as an utterly jealous uneducated plonker who can’t spell basic words.

I think they laugh at you ginge, you constantly attempt to make out you know everything but time and time again you are proved to be either lying or just guessing.

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Are you trying to be ironic? People comment on televised meetings all the time. You comment on the Poole track and you don't go so.....

Oh the irony from miss armchair.

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Cook's injury probably played on his mind and can't blame him for that especially when he just came back 2 days ago. Is Redcar a track Rory normally struggles at (I know every rider has one!) Or maybe just an off night? 

I think that is fair - he was always on the pace and there or thereabouts but maybe a touch tentative compared to his last visit. 

I think Schlein has been a bit hit and miss here in the last - definitely miss tonight. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Oh the irony from miss armchair.

If only, I've been plenty this year. Being in the Champ does that or you miss seeing certain opposition teams. Bit different to the Prem when we used to see a team up to  4 times at home (Swindon).

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

If only, I've been plenty this year. Being in the Champ does that or you miss seeing certain opposition teams. Bit different to the Prem when we used to see a team up to  4 times at home (Swindon).

How many away?

Disappointed with the way we faded at the end. Our gating disappeared just when we needed it however you have to give credit to the  Bears and in particular a superb performance from Charles Wright ,Michael Palm Toff and Jake Allen not forgetting Anders Rowe.

A poor night for Rory Schlein and has been already mentioned a under par showing from Ben Cook didn't help the Pirates cause.

No excuses though, Redcar came good they were fired up and delivered when they needed to in heats 13 to 15.

Well done to Redcar Bears.

I do feel that they will give us a good meeting in the return match at Wimborne Road next month but I think Poole will get revenge.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

How many away?

:rolleyes: You know Poole ride at home too right? I only just have time to do those ones. You think I have time to go to Redcar?! 

But even if I had only been to one home meeting all year, that is still one more than you have ever done B)

• Haha 1