British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Glasgow 21/08/21

Just over 24 hours to go and again Leicester have pulled out all of the stops to promote this one!

No teams announced.

I think the weather may win this one. Rain due to stop at around 16:00 with showers forecast from 4 'til 7. Let's hope they've got the track covers on!

Edited by iainb

56 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just over 24 hours to go for this one and again Leicester have pulled out all of the stops to promote this one!

No teams announced.

I think the weather may win this one. Rain due to stop at around 16:00 with showers forecast from 4 'til 7. Let's hope they've got the track covers on!

Teams were announced in yesterdays press release.  Same as for tonight except Morris and Douglas swap places.

Fair chance the weather will win whichever forecast you look at.

Quote from press release;

Dickson tracks the same riding order which was in place at Birmingham last week, with Nick Morris taking the No.5 berth, whilst Ryan Douglas will race in that position in the home fixture.

Edited by Happy Hunter
To include quote.

That's under the build up to the match at Glasgow.

Sounds like the "gone to Glasgow" sign is hanging on the door at the office lol

Forecast has just changed, for the better. Still a lot of rain about though

1 point each and move on

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

1 point each and move on

Ummm, no! I'm glad they don't do this. Poole can stay top a little bit longer.:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking at the met office app and it's not looking like a great decision... AGAIN!

If by swings and roundabouts you mean wrong decision made then yes I do agree. Another Saturday night with Beaumont Park laying silent

• Like 1

When they mention thunderstorms it never seems to rain. Well that's what it's like down here anyway! Thursday forecast was rain (dry all day) Friday forecast cloudy but dry (raining on and off all day.) Today big band of rain over the South (one light shower). Personally I would never listen to a weather forecast 100%. But then I don't own a speedway club!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iainb said:

If by swings and roundabouts you mean wrong decision made then yes I do agree. Another Saturday night with Beaumont Park laying silent

I totally agree with you Iain.

Stewart is calling meetings off from 300 miles away & IT’S GOT TO STOP !!!

Where i am in Leicestershire its overcast but the cloud is breaking .

2 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

I totally agree with you Iain.

Stewart is calling meetings off from 300 miles away & IT’S GOT TO STOP !!!

Where i am in Leicestershire its overcast but the cloud is breaking .

Another match to fit in before the play-offs... and we seem to have completely forgotten about the KoC

45 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

When they mention thunderstorms it never seems to rain. Well that's what it's like down here anyway! Thursday forecast was rain (dry all day) Friday forecast cloudy but dry (raining on and off all day.) Today big band of rain over the South (one light shower). Personally I would never listen to a weather forecast 100%. But then I don't own a speedway club!

It is tremendously difficult, the forecast for the next few hours seems to be changing on the hour... which is why you just can't rely on a weather forecast in this country. Personally I don't like to see matches called off unless there's actual real rain, but like you say I don't own a club. But what ever happened to preparing a track for forecasted rain, having sawdust ready in case... and dare I say it, track covers... all this 2nd guessing with what the weather is going to do is doing the sport no favours at all.

It's getting on for September and here at Leicester we've got to rearrange Kent on a day when Nicholls isn't with Buzby, Edinburgh, again and now Glasgow... and the KO Cup