British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

16 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You should of seen it at the back end of last season when we won our first and only home meeting. You would of thought we had won the league. It is to late for the league, but for me it would be great to win something being a Stars fan. A second leg home win in the cup would at least give these fans something to cheers about, if i's possible:)

Alex and co could of played the season out with what we have, so for me although late, they have done something.:t:

That's the consequence of the Polish rules unfortunately, anyone any good rides over there and has to abide by them, we are fortunate that we had Iversen for as long as we did.

Hopefully they change next year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

You should of seen it at the back end of last season when we won our first and only home meeting. You would of thought we had won the league. It is to late for the league, but for me it would be great to win something being a Stars fan. A second leg home win in the cup would at least give these fans something to cheers about, if i's possible:)

Alex and co could of played the season out with what we have, so for me although late, they have done something.:t:

Totally agree with your post, to win something at the end of the season would be brilliant for the fans after what we  had to endure last year. I also think that we are not out of the playoffs just yet although klindt and Jacobsen would have to hit the ground running. 

Well done to Alex for making some changes I think with the riders available he couldn’t have done any better. It will be interesting to see who goes, imo who ever stays should consider themselves lucky.

8 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Totally agree with your post, to win something at the end of the season would be brilliant for the fans after what we  had to endure last year. I also think that we are not out of the playoffs just yet although klindt and Jacobsen would have to hit the ground running. 

Well done to Alex for making some changes I think with the riders available he couldn’t have done any better. It will be interesting to see who goes, imo who ever stays should consider themselves lucky.

It will all seem pretty futile if it isn't Kerr that goes imo.As i said previous Kerr or Jakobsen at reserve what would you prefer?I know what i would prefer and i am pretty sure at least 90% of Lynn fans would agree.The small 10% would no doubt include part of the management team.But we will have to wait and see i guess as they don't seem to want anybody to know.

• Haha 1

What's so funny Scott.I have followed the Stars for 50yrs.We use to get to know things quicker from teletext or the Lynn news.In this day and age things should be at your finger tips.

We know you are one of Dale's buddies,but the fans that still come at the moment deserve to know what is going on with the latest news etc.It is us that pay our way for the sport to somehow carry on here,do you?Didn't think so.

I have stuck by Lynn through many,many tough years and I'm sure I will through more.But for a few years now there are things throughout the respective seasons that piss fans off,one of them is constantly being left in the dark.For christ sake just be open and honest with the fans.

57 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It will all seem pretty futile if it isn't Kerr that goes imo.As i said previous Kerr or Jakobsen at reserve what would you prefer?I know what i would prefer and i am pretty sure at least 90% of Lynn fans would agree.The small 10% would no doubt include part of the management team.But we will have to wait and see i guess as they don't seem to want anybody to know.

I've been giving this a lot of thought, trying to work out why they wouldn't want to get Jakobsen in at reserve, the only thing I can possibly think of is that they think he can handle himself in the top five and that the combination of that and Kerr at reserve would score more than Jakobsen at reserve and Jorgensen in the top five? Don't necessarily agree myself but it all I can think of. Unless of course its a political decision.

Although Jorgensen hasn't performed very well this season he has outscored Kerr both home and away. If Kerr keeps his place over Jorgensen, it's a joke and definitely a weak decision.

4 minutes ago, ColeTrickle said:

Although Jorgensen hasn't performed very well this season he has outscored Kerr both home and away. If Kerr keeps his place over Jorgensen, it's a joke and definitely a weak decision.

But he's had a spell at reserve and Kerr hasn't.....

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

But he's had a spell at reserve and Kerr hasn't.....

Very True!

I also think Jorgensen has the potential to be exciting to watch, when he has been on form he attacks the track and is happy chasing the dirt. Kerr on the other hand has to be one of the most boring riders to watch imo.

Howerver, neither rider should be in next years team!

• Like 1

Keeping Kerr over Jorgensen would be a mistake. When Jorgensen is behind there is a 70% chance he will pass the opposition for some points. When Kerr is racing there’s 70% certainly that he won’t.

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I've been giving this a lot of thought, trying to work out why they wouldn't want to get Jakobsen in at reserve, the only thing I can possibly think of is that they think he can handle himself in the top five and that the combination of that and Kerr at reserve would score more than Jakobsen at reserve and Jorgensen in the top five? Don't necessarily agree myself but it all I can think of. Unless of course its a political decision.

I understand your point and I think Jakobsen could hold his own in the top 5.But I look at it if he is down at reserve he can potentially take 7 rides if need be.In the top 5 he may only have 4 maybe 5 rides.Can we really rely on Kerr at reserve.Imo we can't he has been very poor this season and a very hard watch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

But he's had a spell at reserve and Kerr 

He has had a spell at reserve,but it was only 3 matches.He has still by far out performed Kerr this season even though he hasn't had a great season,that just shows how very poor Kerr has been.I just think if you can get a good rider at reserve that will serve you better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tellboy said:

What's so funny Scott.I have followed the Stars for 50yrs.We use to get to know things quicker from teletext or the Lynn news.In this day and age things should be at your finger tips.

We know you are one of Dale's buddies,but the fans that still come at the moment deserve to know what is going on with the latest news etc.It is us that pay our way for the sport to somehow carry on here,do you?Didn't think so.

I have stuck by Lynn through many,many tough years and I'm sure I will through more.But for a few years now there are things throughout the respective seasons that piss fans off,one of them is constantly being left in the dark.For christ sake just be open and honest with the fans.

Scott does this all the time, unfortunately he is another case of 'jobs for the boys'

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

Believe it or not, I actually agree with what you say. I laugh because for some reason, even though it has been said in matchday programmes and other places that it's being worked on to find a solution. You've got to remember that a lot of work can be going on behind the scenes which can't be put out in public until it is 100% complete. Could more coms be put out, quite possibly. 

Also, I always see "Dales jobs for the boys" which actually baffles me, especially over the last few years since he hasn't been team manager, Dale oversees both Lynn and Peterborough, doesn't mange each team. Each team has a manager who, ultimately has the final say on who they want.

Like I said at the beginning, I do actually agree with you on a lot of points, and do believe it could be improved on. 

2 hours ago, therefused said:

Scott does this all the time, unfortunately he is another case of 'jobs for the boys'

Please elaborate on "jobs for the boys" 

Would like to understand what you mean.

2 minutes ago, ScottCampos178 said:

Believe it or not, I actually agree with what you say. I laugh because for some reason, even though it has been said in matchday programmes and other places that it's being worked on to find a solution. You've got to remember that a lot of work can be going on behind the scenes which can't be put out in public until it is 100% complete. Could more coms be put out, quite possibly. 

Also, I always see "Dales jobs for the boys" which actually baffles me, especially over the last few years since he hasn't been team manager, Dale oversees both Lynn and Peterborough, doesn't mange each team. Each team has a manager who, ultimately has the final say on who they want.

Like I said at the beginning, I do actually agree with you on a lot of points, and do believe it could be improved on. 

Seeing Klindt there Monday between Allitt and Brady only adds fuel to the fire.So many fans are only going to put two and two together.

I know Dale is in both camps,but to me he should then be neutral in both camps.He shouldn't be wearing a Lynn logo shirt at home and then a Peterborough one the next.It's like a Liverpool adviser/coach overseeing a Liverpool fixture then overseeing Man Utd's next match.Well it wouldn't happen in football i suppose as it is more professional.

I won't forget being told how Dale shouted at a young lady for having an opinion at a Lynn match once.He shouldn't try to bully the paying public,totally unprofessional.He soon backed down though when Dad appeared:D.He has to be able to take criticism when things aren't going well as well as taking the plaudits for when things are.