British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I see Ipswich have re declared Riss back in the side today with Tungate going in the opposite direction. 

I know it matters little now in the great scheme of things, but is that even in the rules? 

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I know it matters little now in the great scheme of things, but is that even in the rules? 

yes you can make changes after the window if an injured rider is coming back to replace another rider that came in for him

5 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

yes you can make changes after the window if an injured rider is coming back to replace another rider that came in for him

If that’s the case and Tungate was just an injury replacement for Riss, should Riss have come straight back in when he returned to racing which was a little while ago now? And I thought it wasn’t  a single injury replacement change, but a full 1-7 re-declare involving a two rider change? Oh I dunno I’ve long given up even trying to understand these damn rules. 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

010.3.1 Cut Off Date

The BSPA Directors monitor all proposed moves and have the sole responsibility to approve all re-declared teams, having been satisfied they are in the best interests of the sport.

Edited by bigcatdiary

43 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

010.3.1 Cut Off Date

The BSPA Directors monitor all proposed moves and have the sole responsibility to approve all re-declared teams, having been satisfied they are in the best interests of the sport.

There it is!! the only line you ever need "in the best interests of the sport"

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

There it is!! the only line you ever need "in the best interests of the sport"

And, I'm guessing the Witches wanted Riss back in the line-up, in case they need him for 2023, and someone might argue that if he had been dropped from the 2022 line-up he couldn't return?

PS: It also shows that the "long term" injury rule is definitely as ambiguous as it is written.

Edited by Roger Jacobs

Not so much now as it’s one meaningless fixture left, but it also give the club that made the change an unfair advantage as it gives them an either/or and more flexibility. If the replacement (in this case Tungate) is flying you keep him in, if he stinks the gaff out you revert to plan B and swap back. 

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not so much now as it’s one meaningless fixture left, but it also give the club that made the change an unfair advantage as it gives them an either/or and more flexibility. If the replacement (in this case Tungate) is flying you keep him in, if he stinks the gaff out you revert to plan B and swap back. 

Plan B it is then :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Don't forget the Pairs ...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Baldyman said:

That must be for our table topping clash with Sheffield,,, the winner will finish top of the league and face Wolves in the play offs :unsure:

Maybe they have got him back so all the riders in consideration for next year can score zero.  I wonder if there has ever been 4 engine failures in a race 

I have only just twigged that Issue 19 of the Green Sheets says: "01/10 and Final" (my emphasis).

So, even if they are staged, the BSPA will not count the last two fixtures.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I have only just twigged that Issue 19 of the Green Sheets says: "01/10 and Final" (my emphasis).

Could this be a rare example of a sensible "in the best interests of the sport" decision?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Can’t argue with that. Could have been a complete farce otherwise, so at least it’ll remove any suspicions and those that attend can expect honest competitive meetings.