British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

3 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Can't get any riders to come in..more like can't be arsed to get any riders in. Could things be any worse or have they ever been worse than the allround situation our speedway team is now in and just the same old radio silence coming out of the club.

The David Hawkins era of 1991 , 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

The David Hawkins era of 1991 , 

Expect there is nothing positive to say!!! 

39 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Chin up guys enjoy your speedway while you still have it, finishing bottom is better than having no team.

Exactly. Said to my friend at Poole last Wed, I'd rather lose and have the stadium safe than win and have no stadium. 

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly. Said to my friend at Poole last Wed, I'd rather lose and have the stadium safe than win and have no stadium. 

Whilst I agree it’s great we have a team but I feel these kind of comments are pointless because it’s easy too say you’d feel like this you’d feel like that when it’s not your team that are struggling

3 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Whilst I agree it’s great we have a team but I feel these kind of comments are pointless because it’s easy too say you’d feel like this you’d feel like that when it’s not your team that are struggling

Look at Poole 2009 season, especially when Coventry won at Poole by 20-30 points. Not sure you guys have had yet! ;) So I do know what it is like believe me!

It's frustrating for sure but making sure there's a next season to put this right has to be the priority now. 

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Look at Poole 2009 season, especially when Coventry won at Poole by 20-30 points. Not sure you guys have had yet! ;) So I do know what it is like believe me!

There’s been countless other times Peterborough have struggled… 2019, 2008 when we had all the trouble with Colin Horton leaving and all that, I’m specifically saying when people say I’d rather watch my team lose every week and have a team than no team at all. I’m saying that’s a comment I find just abit pointless because it isn’t really plausible. Crowds would drop off massively therefore leading too the closure so anyone who says that sort of thing isn’t really thinking long term with a comment like that 

• Like 1

If I was Peterborough, I’d be building a team ready for next season. 

I’d go get krakowiak from GKM. He’s a good little rider. I think he would get better doing UK and his season in Poland is over. He would probably come in on a 5 point average. He will be good at Peterborough 

but there will be plenty of riders available very soon when teams that got relegated or diddnt make play offs become available 

Edited by PhilTheAce
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

If I was Peterborough, I’d be building a team ready for next season. 

I’d go get krakowiak from GKM. He’s a good little rider. I think he would get better doing UK and his season in Poland is over. He would probably come in on a 5 point average. He will be good at Peterborough 

but there will be plenty of riders available very soon when teams that got relegated or diddnt make play offs become available 

It's big hitters we need 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

It's big hitters we need 

The same Norbert that hits double figure scores in extra liga most weeks. Given a chance he could be a big hitter especially at home 

Can't see our promotion signing anyone. Same dross till the end of season. 

55 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Can't see our promotion signing anyone. Same dross till the end of season. 

I don't see why they should, play offs  out of the question and possibly our last season.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I don't see why they should, play offs  out of the question and possibly our last season.

It isn’t gunna be our last season and the reason they should is too give something back too the supporters who have parted with hard earned money too watch a pretty mediocre display most of the season bar Harris and basso! 

Can't see Pboro doing any changes, literally lowering their averages so they can sign 6 of them again next season plus a big hitter