British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

46 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

How can you "not afford to wait" to be Champions you only need to finish 4th of 6 teams!

Maybe the Panthers need a good reserve to make up for having the weakest number 1 

• Haha 1

Harris having bike troubles it seems. 3 retirements at wolves last night

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Better last night than next  Monday for sure

Edited by scoobydoo

On 3/28/2022 at 9:07 AM, Mimmo said:

My wife and I used to come to Peterborough a lot even though we live the other side of King's Lynn, and that was made possible because she had a Blue Badge, and we could bring the car into the stadium.

Sadly, she died a few weeks ago, so the Blue Badge had to be handed back to the authorities.  But as I'm now very lonely, I thought I will still have some evenings at Peterborough, and did so yesterday.  However, I'm 78-years old. Diabetic which has resulted in me being in severe pain in walking in my legs & feet, not to mention unsteady, and I'm asthmatic, which leaves me out of puff, so with much regret, I will have to discontinue my visits.
The walk from the car park to the grandstand, is about a hundred steps or more to much for me now, and I realise that I'm probably not the only one like that.

So I wish the Panthers all the best for the 2022 season, apart from when you race against King's Lynn..LOL.  Enjoy watching the racing on one of the best circuits in the country, and just wish that I could be there from time to time.

Good Luck to you all. 

Sorry to hear about your wife. I know that things have been tough for a while now. On the subject of a BB, if you can evidence those conditions and negotiate the online application (perhaps Citizens Advice could help) then you can apply for your own BB because the qualifying criteria was extended recently to include hidden disabilities for those people who fall outside of automatic badge qualification.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Better last night than next  Monday for sure

Historically he often has bike troubles early in the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Maybe the Panthers need a good reserve to make up for having the weakest number 1 

I thought Panthers number one was in fine form having won the Craven meeting.

5 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I thought Panthers number one was in fine form having won the Craven meeting.

Someone has to be the weakest number 1, doesn't mean MPT is a bad rider. But considering 3 number ones are GP riders & Masters & Pickering (when Iversen leaves) have higher aves in both leagues - who else do you consider to be the weakest?

Edited by szkocjasid

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Someone has to be the weakest number 1, doesn't mean MPT is a bad rider. But considering 3 number ones are GP riders & Masters & Pickering (when Iversen leaves) have higher aves in both leagues - who else do you consider to be the weakest?

Well MPT may not be number one for Peterborough at the end of the season as the top 5 all have very similar averages which is how the team is built but I  would say when Iversen goes Kings Lynn may have the weakest or wolves. Peterborough's number one is always going to have the lowest average because of the competition within the team.

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well MPT may not be number one for Peterborough at the end of the season as the top 5 all have very similar averages which is how the team is built but I  would say when Iversen goes Kings Lynn may have the weakest or wolves. Peterborough's number one is always going to have the lowest average because of the competition within the team.

I do think the two clubs with the weakest top riders Lynn & Peterborough will both make the play-offs.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Flappy said:

He says that they have found the problem. and it was fuel related.

"Just wanted to say sorry to all the Wolverhampton & Birmingham fans, my team mates & all the management for last night.
I have never had so many things go wrong in one meeting like last night and believe me we tried everything and anything we knew to resolve and I still went on track and gave my everything.
Luckily we found the problem today and it was fuel related so a night in the workshop tonight to sort it on all the new bikes"
Edited by Bald Bloke

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He says that they have found the problem. and it was fuel related.

"Just wanted to say sorry to all the Wolverhampton & Birmingham fans, my team mates & all the management for last night.
I have never had so many things go wrong in one meeting like last night and believe me we tried everything and anything we knew to resolve and I still went on track and gave my everything.
Luckily we found the problem today and it was fuel related so a night in the workshop tonight to sort it on all the new bikes"

Not pilot or pit crew related then......:rolleyes:

Mustve had quite run of bad luck with fuel over the years then :P

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps the answers in your name ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said: