British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Kent 25/09/21

It's 8:20 and the 2nd match still hasn't started yet according to updates!

21:45 and they're still at it... anybody in the supermarket car park will be long gone with 4 races still to go

Ht 15 of the Cubs match was worth the price of admission alone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Ht 15 of the Cubs match was worth the price of admission alone

£25! Must have been some race :rofl:

+ £40 parking fine :lol:

Edited by iainb

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

£25! Must have been some race :rofl:

+ £40 parking fine :lol:

It was. And why would I get a parking fine?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arnieg said:

It was. And why would I get a parking fine?

I hope you didn't park in the supermarket car park!

Heat 15 was an absolute belter. 
All 4 of them giving it everything for 4 laps

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Heat 15 was an absolute belter. 
All 4 of them giving it everything for 4 laps

Somewhat of a long night. Way too much tractor racing. But the final race was the best I’ve seen all season

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Somewhat of a long night. Way too much tractor racing. But the final race was the best I’ve seen all season

Sorry if you think I was doing to much tractor work,  it was needed , 30 mins between main meeting and ready for the cubs is good going,  it gave them a good track to ride,more importantly it protects the track from breaking up. Which believe me tacks a hell of a long time to put right again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Sorry if you think I was doing to much tractor work,  it was needed , 30 mins between main meeting and ready for the cubs is good going,  it gave them a good track to ride,more importantly it protects the track from breaking up. Which believe me tacks a hell of a long time to put right again.

Fair enough. Can’t pretend for a minute I know the first thing bout track prep. Was concerned we wouldn’t actually get finished before the curfew though!

5 hours ago, BTFC LION said:

We fans base things base things on wot we see and factually know little about. If things were actually explained to us then we might not get annoyed or so annoyed by things like wot we call tractor racing. 

All it takes sometimes is a simple explanation like yours @BTFC LION to appease us. In that 30mins some entertainment should have been put on by Leicester tho, this is another speedway failing. Admittedly I wasn't at Leicester last night but I do attend regularly. 

This happens with alot of things that go on within the sport that pees us fans off, nothing is ever explained as to why something is done. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Does anyone know what the size of the crowd is tonight compared to recent meetings?

Dopnt forget that Leicester City were playing with a 3pm kick off. That match wouldn't finish until around 5pm and some people would not visit both events.

2 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Dopnt forget that Leicester City were playing with a 3pm kick off. That match wouldn't finish until around 5pm and some people would not visit both events.

Yeah, and Strictly was on...