British Speedway Forum

That was a faff, took 20 minutes using a combination of I-pad and mobile phone to get the tickets onto the phone app. I now have two tickets on my phone with a QR code for each. One can be forwarded to the other person providing they have a See Tickets user account.

Unless everyone does that, you can foresee a family or group having to keep passing the phone round at the turnstile as each individual enters the stadium. There has to be a better way!

12 minutes ago, Tactical Joker said:

That was a faff, took 20 minutes using a combination of I-pad and mobile phone to get the tickets onto the phone app. I now have two tickets on my phone with a QR code for each. One can be forwarded to the other person providing they have a See Tickets user account.

Unless everyone does that, you can foresee a family or group having to keep passing the phone round at the turnstile as each individual enters the stadium. There has to be a better way!

I still can't get past the 'confirm your account' stage. Been trying for a couple of hours. :angry:

Yes frustrating. Once you’ve pressed ‘confirm your account’ you get no further emails to say your account has indeed been confirmed. I sort of found out by luck where the tickets were, only after logging out of the phone app and then logging in again.

3 hours ago, iwright71 said:

Does anybody else think this ticketing is a farce. It seems Cardiff is not for everyone just for the tech savvy. Do they not know speedway's demmagraphic..Anyway downloaded the app but cannot find the tickets anywhere in my see tickets account even clicking the orders button. Any ideas anyone ? Been to all GP's in Cardiff but this may be my last if the tickets are not easier to access, they even have the nerve to charge a booking fee when its you doing all the work.

Like you i have been to all the GP's in Cardiff but already decided this is my last due to this ticket fiasco.

After numerous tries managed to get tickets into See tickets wallet/app but took a number of goes to get the app to actually open, so there will be a big queue behind me if the same happens at Cardiff. I am going to contact the Stadium and ask them what arrangements they have in place to give fans access to the stadium should their internet/mobile provider have signal  problems on the 13th August and they unable to access their tickets.  If I get a reply I'll post the outcome.  Although it says they won't accept screen shots for entry I took them anyway as a backup to the confirmation email of my ticket purchase that I shall be taking with me to Cardiff.

3 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

After numerous tries managed to get tickets into See tickets wallet/app but took a number of goes to get the app to actually open, so there will be a big queue behind me if the same happens at Cardiff. I am going to contact the Stadium and ask them what arrangements they have in place to give fans access to the stadium should their internet/mobile provider have signal  problems on the 13th August and they unable to access their tickets.  If I get a reply I'll post the outcome.  Although it says they won't accept screen shots for entry I took them anyway as a backup to the confirmation email of my ticket purchase that I shall be taking with me to Cardiff.

This was posted on this thread in May

What happens if I lose my phone prior to the event?

Please visit the WRU Ticket Office which is located between gates 3 & 4 of Principality Stadium on Westgate Street. 

What happens if my phone battery dies before the event?

Please visit the WRU Ticket Office which is located between gates 3 & 4 of Principality Stadium on Westgate Street. 

It seems that this is a Principality Stadium thing rather than a Speedway GP organisers thing.

Welsh Rugby Union | Wales & Regions | Digital Ticketing (wru.wales)

1 hour ago, Tactical Joker said:

Definitely agree and if the Internet goes down I dread to think what will happen. I have a much better solution to entry they could try paper or email tickets, ha ha, perhaps not its not technical  enough for this day and age.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It seems that this is a Principality Stadium thing rather than a Speedway GP organisers thing.

Thanks for info I had read that previously but as we've now been advised we need the See Tickets app and not the Principality app I wonder will that still apply?  Like others if its the same system next year this year will probably be my last at Cardiff.  

31 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Once downloaded you can still open the tickets if you are offline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After several hours of trying, I eventually managed to confirm my account and load the tickets onto the website, only to find that I could not access the See Tickets Digital Wallet App. After another hour of trying, I eventually got in and the digital tickets were there - hallelujah, we shall go to the ball! (Unless the app goes t**s up on the day) There must be a better way.

Edited by Zuzel71
spelling mistake

57 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I think there will be a long queue at the WRU Ticket Office! :unsure:

• Haha 1

All this ticket app buying saga is putting me right off going, I’m not buying a ticket in advance, I am reliably told you can still buy paper tickets on the day from the stadium if I decide to go it will literally be a night before decision as it’s been most years for me but it’s looking more unlikely this year, it’s just not grabbing me 

• Like 1

Has any been able to get a family ticket as well as an extra ticket as the family ticket is only for 4 people and I need 5 !

but you can’t pick your seats so one of the tickets may not be with the other 4. Doesn’t help there does not seem to be a telephone number to call 

2 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Has any been able to get a family ticket as well as an extra ticket as the family ticket is only for 4 people and I need 5 !

but you can’t pick your seats so one of the tickets may not be with the other 4. Doesn’t help there does not seem to be a telephone number to call 

The booking this year is ridiculous and don't forget you need the Seetickets app to download tickets, read some of the above comments  (we were originally told Principality app). Anyway I have 2 suggestions as See Tickets has no phone contact number, although you can email them but don't hold your breath waiting for a reply, try ringing the stadium on Monday and see if they can help, the number is 0844  249 1999. The second is a bit daft but it works out cheaper than 5 of the cheapest single tickets, you purchase 2 blocks of family tickets which I think came to £182 excluding app delivery fees etc and it was about £100 cheaper than 5 singles, you then have 8 seats so you can spread yourselves out (daft idea I know but so is this stupid ticket system) but honestly you really shouldn't have to purchase tickets you don't need just to sit together.  The powers (or idiots) that be should realise families come in all shapes and sizes nowadays.  

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see the size of the crowd, but difficult to determine whether this app stuff has had a material effect. On the plus side at least transferring tickets to other phones (providing they already have the app too) for others in the group worked first time.

• Like 1