British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

9 hours ago, tellboy said:

With this special dispensation stuff,i can see why both sides have a case in a way.On Belle Vue's side you have the argument that rules are rules.On Peterborough's side they could argue that the rules have been broken or should we say special dispensation granted a few times this season already.Also i find it a bit harsh on the sides that made the play off final that they could only use guests from the clubs that didn't finish in the top 4.That's 2 clubs that they could choose from.If it was a league of say 8 then this would have made 4 clubs to choose from which would have been much better.

In a six team league this situation could have been foreseen easily by anyone with half a brain at this end of the season and with the amount of injuries incurred in this sport!  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It seems to me that Hans is denying he had concussion and it was only cuts and bruises, the medics on the night and the referee will know the true story so it should be in the referees report.

Makes you wonder why he wasnt taken to hospital last night especially if he was knocked out ,no doubt advised to visit A&E asap

I had a bang on the head and missed two rides under orders from the track doctor but then I did some cognitive tests and he let me do my last one. Concussion is very different from just a band on the head. I hope he gets the chance to ride if he wants to. 

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Makes you wonder why he wasnt taken to hospital last night especially if he was knocked out ,no doubt advised to visit A&E asap

Yes true, i am wondering if he really was knocked out, if he was he can't ride thursday 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes true, i am wondering if he really was knocked out, if he was he can't ride thursday 

He did seem a bit uneasy walking back to pits but later when showered and changed he seemed ok giving encouragement and support before and after races 

13 minutes ago, maneacat said:

In a six team league this situation could have been foreseen easily by anyone with half a brain at this end of the season and with the amount of injuries incurred in this sport!  

And Therein lies the problem

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noodles said:

Apart from guesting for a number 1. 

except MPT is now your number 1 and he will be riding !!

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

He did seem a bit uneasy walking back to pits but later when showered and changed he seemed ok giving encouragement and support before and after races 

Yes but he could have been knocked out on track but recovered quickly. Hans will want to ride and Peterborough will want him to ride but that doesn't mean he should ride.

9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Heat 15 classic Bewley , hit the front clear off , look at me winning by miles ,last lap oh no Steve is last and the Panthers are team riding him out but im to far ahead now wish i had looked around,  oh never mind at least i won the race and i look good  , now whats the score again

I wonder if that came into the thinking when leaving him out of the SON which in effect is a pairs tournament?

1 minute ago, bellevueace said:

I wonder if that came into the thinking when leaving him out of the SON which in effect is a pairs tournament?

I would say it did 

4 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

MPT 1 point from 3 rides tonight withdrawn from 4th ride !!

Should never have gone to Edinburgh tonight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I watched a boxing match last Saturday and both fighters were knocking lumps out of each other. They weren't wearing a helmet.

Speedway is becoming too soft. Hans had a helmet on and is fine.

Woke doctors need to stay out of our sport.

I didn't think it possible it was possible for you to get any more more ridiculous than you are already, by my goodness you've achieved it. I hope Hans is fit to ride but, if is there any hint of concussion, then for his own good he shouldn't. 

8 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Remarkable performance from Peterborough last night with just 5 fit riders and a duff gust (from a very limited choice) 

Belle Vue must be kicking themselves that they could not gain more that a 2 point advantage after the P'boro early  loss of H. Andersen

It's Belle Vue's to lose now against a severely depleted P'boro. Lady Luck has smiled on Belle Vue and surely someone other than Bewdlay and Worrall will turn up and score some points for the Aces to win the p-off.

I said previously i thought our inability to dominate teams at home would cost us, Peterborough have had some bad luck but are still capable of covering at home, they are a solid side and theres no substitute for experience, we are more convincing away just hope its another great night of racing.