British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but as I understand it Eddie Kennett has accepted a promotion at his work place and now cannot commit to midweek meetings.

Not surprising and reasonably understandable after recent years' financial issues.

Yes it has, by myself, only 2 posts after your last post on this topic.

• Thanks 1

Well, Edward Kennett didn't necessarily cover himself in glory on track last year from the couple of matches I saw at Eastbourne and seemed to be heading in my view towards being a reserve for Eastbourne. Not really sure that Plymouth have lost a heat leader

10 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Well, Edward Kennett didn't necessarily cover himself in glory on track last year from the couple of matches I saw at Eastbourne and seemed to be heading in my view towards being a reserve for Eastbourne. Not really sure that Plymouth have lost a heat leader

if you weren't being paid would you put yourself out for your employer?

• Like 5

Just now, Jimsboy said:

Must knock the motivation out of you before you start knowing payments are not  Still think Eds decision is similar to Lawson switch after signing. "Red Flags"

Lmfao . Broken record . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

if you weren't being paid would you put yourself out for your employer?

I went to Arlington a long time before the money problems surfaced. I saw him at a time when he was being paid. So, I am afraid your theory is wrong.

3 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

Must knock the motivation out of you before you start knowing payments are not  Still think Eds decision is similar to Lawson switch after signing. "Red Flags"

You really should wind your neck in,from what I've heard you more than contributed to the demise of Eastbourne with your constant whinging to the dugards:nono:

• Like 3

Could Jason Crump be persuaded to change his mind and swap the job at Oxford for one last tour? He didn't do himself justice last season after the pre-season injury and the prang at Monmore. All that's needed is someone who can get out of the gate and get some heat wins at home and occasional ones away. Plymouth were to a bit short-changed last season so it could be a chance to put that right and for Crumpie to have a better season as his riding farewell.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Could Jason Crump be persuaded to change his mind and swap the job at Oxford for one last tour? He didn't do himself justice last season after the pre-season injury and the prang at Monmore. All that's needed is someone who can get out of the gate and get some heat wins at home and occasional ones away. Plymouth were to a bit short-changed last season so it could be a chance to put that right and for Crumpie to have a better season as his riding farewell.

I would love for it to happen, but I can't see it. Jason Is based in the Northampton/ Peterborough area for 2022 which suits his current commitments & is perfect for Seth's road racing.

Not overly bothered at losing Kennett, I don't think he would ever have got close to his starting average, the timing though is pretty crap.

Keleher as suggested earlier would be a shocker. He was rubbish away and at home had a couple of half decent meetings but nowhere near good enough.

If Ellis could be convinced to sack off Dackarna we'd be talking! Could Bjarne fancy one more year? I'd choose him over Crump all day long. 

Outside of that we may be struggling. Ellis Perks out of retirement maybe?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

What job does Kennett do anyone ?

Think a quarry was mentioned earlier,,, so could be just 'breaking rocks in the hot sun'? ;)

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

What job does Kennett do anyone ?

He works for Eastbourne sponsor Robins of Herstmonceux

On 3/11/2022 at 5:55 PM, torpointfanatic22 said:

Not overly bothered at losing Kennett, I don't think he would ever have got close to his starting average, the timing though is pretty crap.

Keleher as suggested earlier would be a shocker. He was rubbish away and at home had a couple of half decent meetings but nowhere near good enough.

If Ellis could be convinced to sack off Dackarna we'd be talking! Could Bjarne fancy one more year? I'd choose him over Crump all day long. 

Outside of that we may be struggling. Ellis Perks out of retirement maybe?

Isnt he is Australia?

Congratulations to Michael palm toft for beating a class field in the Peter craven memorial last night beating Woffinden in the final is no mean feet first meeting or not go gladiators.

• Like 2

great start for michael palm toff as he only came into the meeting as late replacement