British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

Whatever the whys and wherefores plymouths promising season , aided by a large dose of mickey taking with kennett have been murdered by injury and seemingly endless issues with barker.

Shame as tbh they were a match for nearly anyone over 2 legs .

• Like 4

So what is the team for tonight, it's race day and nothing, i thought teams had to be confirmed day's in advance, what a joke, perhaps bomber guesting at 1- 7

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

whats the answer then .ride sub_standard teams all the time .

Surely focus on Play Offs and send an NDL team to Poole tonight for a pointless (for both Clubs) Fixture.

8 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

So what is the team for tonight, it's race day and nothing, i thought teams had to be confirmed day's in advance, what a joke, perhaps bomber guesting at 1- 7

Bomber's average too high plus he is riding for his actual team! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

Surely focus on Play Offs and send an NDL team to Poole tonight for a pointless (for both Clubs) Fixture.

Will get fined for understrength team I would have thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Will get fined for understrength team I would have thought.

Brummies seemed to get away with it ?

Plus put up a good fight.

Time for all Clubs to consider costs I guess.

28 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

SCB website reports that Ben Barkers second sample has returned a positive result. His suspension is confirmed and he has to appear before the SCB in September. Guess that means another facility. Almost unbelievable.

He brings it on all by himself and is a liability in any team.Such a sad shame as could be decent rider on his going day.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HGould said:

not the answer though .i think speedway got to make drastic changes next season to survive ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Bit lax of Poole not to inform all their supporters of the line-up for the Match this late.

They would surely have had it for about 24 hours and haven't updated their website from TBC since Sunday.

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

Brummies seemed to get away with it ?

Plus put up a good fight.

Time for all Clubs to consider costs I guess.

Theirs was a bit stronger than a full on NL team!!

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Theirs was a bit stronger than a full on NL team!!

We had Verge and Wooley both NDL (second strings at best) and Morley and Complin (NDL heat leaders) from memory plus Starkey and Sedgeman

Very much an NDL look I'd say.

Did rather well in the circumstances

1 minute ago, HGould said:

We had Verge and Wooley both NDL (second strings at best) and Morley and Complin (NDL heat leaders) from memory plus Starkey and Sedgeman

Very much an NDL look I'd say.

Did rather well in the circumstances

So not a full on NL team like I said! Considering Starke and Sedgman are Prem riders! Plymouth NL team use any Prem riders? Does the Plymouth NL team use anyone who is considered a Champ HL? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

not the answer though .i think speedway got to make drastic changes next season to survive ?

100% agree

Lack of enough top end riders so those that are about; are if rumours are correct; holding Clubs to ransom demanding 4 figure sums sometimes up front, to ride and that just makes it an ever vicious circle of increased costs for all Clubs.

Don't blame the riders, its the law of supply and demand, if you're in demand you make the most of it.

Needs to be a complete realignment and far more realistic pay grades in CL in my opinion.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

So not a full on NL team like I said! Considering Starke and Sedgman are Prem riders! Plymouth NL team use any Prem riders? Does the Plymouth NL team use anyone who is considered a Champ HL? 

sometimes you gotta know when not to argue with a lady...:t:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

Bit lax of Poole not to inform all their supporters of the line-up for the Match this late.

They would surely have had it for about 24 hours and haven't updated their website from TBC since Sunday.

Nothing on the Plymouth website