British Speedway Forum
lbw

Leicester vs Poole semi 2nd leg (prov) Sat 16th

21 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

You may not realise, when you buy ur SON Ticket there is no option other than to pay for both days. So altho Saturday may not be as important it would be s waste of money not to go and attend Leicester.

Plus SON accomodation was booked a long time ago so unless u want to waste a shed load of money attending Leicester it is a no go.

Ah yes true i had forgotten that,   I did originally intend to go to the SON but I am not now so I will go to Leicester and support my team instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

If what you say is true this is total and utter madness by the Leicester promotion, I'll await for official confirmation before blowing a gasket :shock:

When do you suggest Leicester race?

Saturday is their regular race night. The season ends on the 31st October. That leaves three Saturdays, 16th, 23rd & 30th. If they decided to run the Semi on the 16th & progress to the final they could run that on the 23rd & then have the Colts at home on the 30th as the Cubs still have a meeting to Schedule or have the 30th for a rain off date and run the cubs on the Sunday (final day of the season).

7 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

When do you suggest Leicester race?

Saturday is their regular race night. The season ends on the 31st October. That leaves three Saturdays, 16th, 23rd & 30th. If they decided to run the Semi on the 16th & progress to the final they could run that on the 23rd & then have the Colts at home on the 30th as the Cubs still have a meeting to Schedule or have the 30th for a rain off date and run the cubs on the Sunday (final day of the season).

Friday... they're already running on Tuesday 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

Friday... they're already running on Tuesday 

But there is not a Friday before Poole who have limited access to their track want/need to stage the home leg of the Semi Final.

8 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

But there is not a Friday before Poole who have limited access to their track want/need to stage the home leg of the Semi Final.

Poole are riding the 1st leg of their semi this Wednesday, so why not this Friday at Leicester?

• Like 1

Just now, iainb said:

Poole are riding the 1st leg of their semi this Wednesday, so why not this Friday at Leicester?

Appologies Ian I was thinking that you were suggesting Scunny for a Friday night.  I'm guessing they do not want to have a major fixture on an untried night of the week.

2 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Appologies Ian I was thinking that you were suggesting Scunny for a Friday night.  I'm guessing they do not want to have a major fixture on an untried night of the week.

Are they got going to have when genuine fans of both Teams might be elsewhere though.:rolleyes: That won’t be good fo attendance.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Are they got going to have when genuine fans of both Teams might be elsewhere though.:rolleyes: That won’t be good fo attendance.

Quite, but I guess the club at least have experience of running against SGP's to base their business plan on. Its a case of not being able to please all of the fans all of the time.

11 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Scunny should be thrown out of the competition!

They'll cancel a match in the summer because of a football match on the TV... but won't run on an attractive Friday night but choose to run against the SoN that many, including myself, already have tickets for!

Absurd!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Quite, but I guess the club at least have experience of running against SGP's to base their business plan on. Its a case of not being able to please all of the fans all of the time.

GP's on the TV

Taken from Lions website:

"The second leg has been provisionally set for the Paul Chapman & Sons Arena on Saturday, with a slightly later start time of 7.30pm due to the televised Speedway of Nationals at Belle Vue in the afternoon as well as Leicester City’s home match against Manchester United."

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

GP's on the TV

The Capacity of Belle Vue is only 3500-4000 so allowing that everyone who goes to BV goes to the SON say 1500 then its about 2,000 split between the other tracks so the main issue in my opinion is that TV will have a greater impact than it being in the UK.

11 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

The Capacity of Belle Vue is only 3500-4000 so allowing that everyone who goes to BV goes to the SON say 1500 then its about 2,000 split between the other tracks so the main issue in my opinion is that TV will have a greater impact than it being in the UK.

Not ideal though is it?

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Ah yes true i had forgotten that,   I did originally intend to go to the SON but I am not now so I will go to Leicester and support my team instead.

I'll be at Poole on Weds for the 1st leg to cheer on the Pirates, my local track is actually Leicester so with the meeting being on Saturday it's rubbing a lot of salt into the wound.

Couple of me mates are Lions fans so there's quite a lot of banter that goes around between us.

May the best team win :t: