British Speedway Forum

If this was the worst meeting at Glasgow you must see some fantastic meetings! Some of the best speedway I have seen for years  

Loved my first visit to Ashfield- the racing was exciting and at times unpredictable. As someone said there wasn’t much complaining at the track as people were respectfully waiting for the injured riders to be cared for.

Some riders obviously found the track difficult but that is surely down to their own way of riding and certainly the Poles struggled with the shape - that doesn’t make the track poor, it just means there is more to speedway than open the throttle and go. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, glenantony said:

If this was the worst meeting at Glasgow you must see some fantastic meetings! Some of the best speedway I have seen for years  

Loved my first visit to Ashfield- the racing was exciting and at times unpredictable. As someone said there wasn’t much complaining at the track as people were respectfully waiting for the injured riders to be cared for.

Some riders obviously found the track difficult but that is surely down to their own way of riding and certainly the Poles struggled with the shape - that doesn’t make the track poor, it just means there is more to speedway than open the throttle and go. 

Fully agree. I was there as well. Travelled up from Yorkshire.

29 minutes ago, glenantony said:

Fully agree. I was there and travelled up from Yorkshire. 

4 hours ago, Turnip said:

Grand Prix Challenge

Full meeting available to watch from yesterday

What the hell is this doing on YouTube already when people PAID to watch it, ridiculous and wrong Tapesup.tv!!!

Just now, Trees said:

What the hell is this doing on YouTube already when people PAID to watch it, ridiculous and wrong Tapesup.tv!!!

Ppl who paid might prefer to watch it live

Just now, Trees said:

They diddnt put it on I think. 

Just been having a right old chuckle to myself reading all of this. 

few observations, 

racing was no where near as bad as some are making out. Was a bit grippy early on yes but once it slickened off the racing was fantastic. Glasgow really should be too league and get the top riders on it every week

Crashes happen. Yes it was long winded but they were 2”3 very nasty crashes/injuries. 

regarding the mascot being around Thomson. All track staff including the mascot made a circle around Thomson so us fans couldn’t see them attend to Thomson’s very nasty injury. He wasn’t loitering at all. The 2nd ambulance came to block the back straight view also while they lifted him into the ambulance. 

Well done Kim Nilsson, Dan Bewley and jack holder. 

best wishes to millik, holder and Thomson

cant wait for my next visit to Glasgow. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I’m afraid Lambert has to gate in the pressure races can’t pass wind.

Seems to be too rigid on the bike this season, like he's trying to arm-wrestle it and perhaps this makes him less capable of making those split-second adjustments you need to do for passing.

Lambert got the higher average in Poland. But seems to always start meetings off on the worst gates giving him bad starts. Then it’s hard to catch up. 

22 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

It's awful!!!

24 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

It's their coverage though .....

Just now, Trees said:

It's their coverage though .....

There were loads that watched it free as it was streamed illegally which is nothing they can do unfortunately 

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

That is correct if one of the top 3 in the Challenge final finish in the GP top 6 then 4th in the challenge gets in- it is different with the SEC place because if the winner is in the top 6 of the GP then the FIM get another pick.

My apologies.

Old age must be kicking in because I thought I remembered a long discussion on here a few years back where we all agreed how unfair it was that the 4th place didn't qualify automatically if one of the top 3 qualified some other way. :blush:

51 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance. 

1: 56.61, 2: 58.52, 3: 57.69, 4: 58.27, 5: 57.46, 6: 59.2, 7: 59.06, 8: 59.11, 9: 58.82, 10: 58.22, 11: 59.27, 12: 59.42, 13: 58.75, 14: 60.23, 15: 60.11, 16: 60.26, 17: 60.06, 18: 60.83, 19: 59.98, 20: 60.03, 21: 59.89, 22: 60.13

An earlier post stated times were 2 to 4 seconds slower than a Glasgow fixture at Ashfield but that's not the case as the average heat times for the two previous meetings were 58.79s (Birmingham) and 58.64s (Edinburgh) with last night's being 59.17s

• Thanks 1