British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, wtf said:

Lots of hysteria going on here with people looking to point the finger of blame. What has happened here is quite simple. Bewley wanted to ride for Belle Vue, and Belle Vue wanted him to. They discussed with the PZM about the Polish contract he had signed, and then tried to get the FIM to rule the restrictions on the Polish contracts were illegal. The FIM confirmed a couple of weeks ago the contracts were not illegal. The PZMs offer was that the UK league would have to be declassified down to the same status as the other minor leagues eg French, Czech and German, where they are not included on the international calendar and would lose all rights over their race day priority. So if you are Sheffield or Ipswich, Holder and Doyle could be forced to miss any meetings just because the Poles feel like it and didn't want them to get injured etc they could have insisted they stay in Poland and practise. If that's the case I'm surprised its only 3 clubs who voted against it. 

What Rob Godfrey has released is correct and I have (for the first time I can recall in my life) some sympathy with him. Belle view were pinning all their hopes on this coming off and have only recently started working on Plan B 

Adrian was always on an approx. 5 year tenure and  was planned to leave. Mark Lemon "is surprised he's leaving" because that sounds good, and has just realised the scale of his job he now has for not much more money. And in all of this a fans favourite has said a bit too much on social media and has stood by his comment so much that he removed it very quickly. He's a lovely kid, but that wasn't the brightest thing to do. 

People will now choose to blame whoever they want to blame, this is 2022 after all, so facts don't matter, just whoever shouts the loudest and  feels most offended. Choose whoever you want to hate and off you go

Good post

4 minutes ago, wtf said:

Lots of hysteria going on here with people looking to point the finger of blame. What has happened here is quite simple. Bewley wanted to ride for Belle Vue, and Belle Vue wanted him to. They discussed with the PZM about the Polish contract he had signed, and then tried to get the FIM to rule the restrictions on the Polish contracts were illegal. The FIM confirmed a couple of weeks ago the contracts were not illegal. The PZMs offer was that the UK league would have to be declassified down to the same status as the other minor leagues eg French, Czech and German, where they are not included on the international calendar and would lose all rights over their race day priority. So if you are Sheffield or Ipswich, Holder and Doyle could be forced to miss any meetings just because the Poles feel like it and didn't want them to get injured etc they could have insisted they stay in Poland and practise. If that's the case I'm surprised its only 3 clubs who voted against it. 

What Rob Godfrey has released is correct and I have (for the first time I can recall in my life) some sympathy with him. Belle view were pinning all their hopes on this coming off and have only recently started working on Plan B 

Adrian was always on an approx. 5 year tenure and  was planned to leave. Mark Lemon "is surprised he's leaving" because that sounds good, and has just realised the scale of his job he now has for not much more money. And in all of this a fans favourite has said a bit too much on social media and has stood by his comment so much that he removed it very quickly. He's a lovely kid, but that wasn't the brightest thing to do. 

People will now choose to blame whoever they want to blame, this is 2022 after all, so facts don't matter, just whoever shouts the loudest and  feels most offended. Choose whoever you want to hate and off you go

As much as I'm really disappointed that Dan won't be in the team, and want to blame someone, I have to say that this sounds like a credible interpretation of events. 

Just hope we can sign a decent 'replacement'.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wtf said:

Good post.  Explained to us alot more simple,  

Bewley put what he had been told had happened. Nothing wrong with that, it's about time some riders/promoters are a bit more open and honest to fans.

Regarding Adrian, while yes it was stated it was a 5 year thing, I can't understand the timing of it. Surely you say your farewell in the run up to season end and when seasons over leave. Not t weeks before the season is suppose to start.

Lemo got a tough job and while he says he will need to learn to delegate, I think he will find in a months time that he will need help and hopefully he will ask for that, as Adrian always said, running belle Vue speedway and NSS is running a beast. Not like your average club. 

Belle Vue threw all the eggs in the tai and Bewley basket and now have left it to late to get any rider to come over and get set up at such late notice. 

Rightly or wrong they tried there dam hardest to put out a team worthy of winning, hopefully they will live and learn  

Regarding not believing everything Godfrey says statement. I also got that statement do every other promoter also. 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

If only Michael Masi ran the BSPL everything would be sorted 

Michael Masi might have engineered a fixed Formula1 championship with a corrupt end to the season, but he's not really in Rob Godfrey's league.

1 hour ago, wtf said:

At last a knowledgeable and sensible post.

2 hours ago, wtf said:

If that`s the truth and nothing but the truth- why did Bewley sign for Smederna before Belle Vue ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

It's the BSPA and promoters who set the fire with their complete lack of openness - they are so used to doing stuff their own way, with no transparency. Remarkably - they are happy to blame their paying customers (on whom they rely for cash flow and essentially their existence) for all the resulting rumours and gossip.

To be fair to them...

Most times they show transparency it highlights so many glaring issues that they immediately get lept upon, with all the obvious issues being called out...

Thus rendering their operating plan wide open to ridicule...

Therefore, much better to keep as much as possible "in house" and try and fudge their way through...

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

If that`s the truth and nothing but the truth- why did Bewley sign for Smederna before Belle Vue ?

Dan was fed up of beating nobody's. Althoug that was a mistake because he was only doing it at NSS. Not away. 

Before he thinks he's to big for UK he needed to be getting maximums away from home for me

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I am not privy to the inner thoughts of Dan Bewley, you'll need to ask him that, but I believe he wanted to ride for Belle Vue as well as Smederna not instead of.

Edited by wtf

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Yes im with you here. I think the new ruling for the uk where a rider from polish top league can ride three leagues is very recent. With us being last clubto announce isuppose we are able to go for riders in polish top already engaged in denmark and sweden.

I can half understand why other uk clubs might feel we have had a bit of an advantage as we technically we have more roders to approach than they did by completing their teambuilding early.

It obviously shows the uk teams would drop a lot of their signed riders if they could 

1 minute ago, wtf said:

I am not privy to the inner thoughts of Dan Bewley, you'll need to ask him that, but I believe he wanted to ride for Belle Vue as well as Smederna not instead. 

But in the end he has plumped for instead of.....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But in the end he has plumped for instead of.....

exactly

2 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

Yes im with you here. I think the new ruling for the uk where a rider from polish top league can ride three leagues is very recent. With us being last clubto announce isuppose we are able to go for riders in polish top already engaged in denmark and sweden.

I can half understand why other uk clubs might feel we have had a bit of an advantage as we technically we have more roders to approach than they did by completing their teambuilding early.

It obviously shows the uk teams would drop a lot of their signed riders if they could 

Do keep up - there has been no rule change

• Like 1