British Speedway Forum

25 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Find it hard to believe that BV are struggling to get riders in. Great set up and track/stadium etc. 

Not sure I'd want to go back to the Zagar/Bjerre days though. Those days are gone and they need to move forward. They might surprise us all but I was getting quite excited when Chris Holder's name was mentioned. He's looked great at BV in the past.

Would be great to see Chris riding ere again especially as he lives ere & being a class act.

His ability is not what it was due to injuries but still, would attract bums on seats :t:

Zagar & Bjerre would be a tad old school but sometimes u go down the list of options until someone says yes. I wouldn't mind seeing Zagar back riding for someone. Would give the Premiership a bit more credibility.

Great quote from Lemo on the press release about Max of “This is a man who cut his professional teeth with Belle Vue”

Did Edinburgh not pay him for his first two years in UK? :D

What about crump ? Low average as well, however I don’t know if he is retired again or not ? I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s packed up 

38 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

I’d say 3 riders??

Brennan & Kurtz nailed on to join the 2 last night, no idea on the others??

Jake Allen not popped up anywhere else, so some are assuming he's in as well.

1 hour ago, TheOpinion said:

Jake Allen not popped up anywhere else, so some are assuming he's in as well.

Yeah, although likes of Broc Nicol for example not signed up either so there r a few about we could end up with.

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

What about crump ? Low average as well, however I don’t know if he is retired again or not ? I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s packed up 

As much as I have high regard for Jason,     he is way off the rider I want to remember. He was totally fantastic when he rode for us at the greyhound track…

I would much prefer for him to retire gracefully 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bradford Ace said:

I’d say 3 riders??

Brennan & Kurtz nailed on to join the 2 last night, no idea on the others??

Is there a four team tournament next season..? 

BV have enough to enter a team if you are correct...

At the moment they have to hope for a Best Pairs event...:D

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Great quote from Lemo on the press release about Max of “This is a man who cut his professional teeth with Belle Vue”

Did Edinburgh not pay him for his first two years in UK? :D

The Scots can peel an orange in their pockets :wink:

If we assume Kurtz and Brennan are nailed on, it does not leave a lot to pick from.

At a rough glance it leaves, from riders that rode last year,

Jye Etheridge, Jake Allen, Ben Barker, Kasper Andersen, Broc Nicol, Jason Crump, James Wright

one other not over here last year could be Rohan Tungate

Not a great lot to pick from, unless they have a surprise up their sleeve.

I do dislike this drip feeding of riders, when others have announced full squads.

20 minutes ago, BV66 said:

If we assume Kurtz and Brennan are nailed on, it does not leave a lot to pick from.

At a rough glance it leaves, from riders that rode last year,

Jye Etheridge, Jake Allen, Ben Barker, Kasper Andersen, Broc Nicol, Jason Crump, James Wright

one other not over here last year could be Rohan Tungate

Not a great lot to pick from, unless they have a surprise up their sleeve.

I do dislike this drip feeding of riders, when others have announced full squads.

Hopefully we have got the young German at reserve on a 4 point average.

That should leave room for one of the above plus a heat leader in Holder/Tungate/Bjerre/Zagar

out of that combo personally I’d go Holder & Allen or Bradley Wilson Dean - if the averages work out!!!!! 

I reckon the Aces team is long since sorted. 

I'd guess they're just waiting on a paperwork rubber-stamp issue.   Maybe a visa application or an average reduction/reassessment for a rider who has been out of Britain a year or two, to be clarified at today's AGM.  

What time is the AGM tonight? And will there be a statement?

Will they mention the rules for the PJL too? And what's going on with the national league?