British Speedway Forum

53 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Based on what exactly? You’re of course entitled to your opinion, but we can only go on what we’ve seen so far. The fact is Brennan spent the entire year at reserve, and averaged under 4. Rowe, who is also a year younger by the way, averaged 4 and a half whilst riding half of the meetings in the main body of the side whilst injured. He actually went in to the season carrying an injury, and seriously aggravated it crashing 6 weeks in to the season. Up until that point the lad was riding like an established heat leader! 

Yes, I know that. But I was under the impression they were talking about the coming season, not the one just gone. 

Just for what I've seen of the riders, the riding style (yes it's not all that), Anders seems a bit awkward sometimes on a bike, I just see Tom as a cut above. Again, I'm not slating Anders, he had a great season but I just think he will have second season syndrome. 

Tom being at reserve all season was mainly because of the way the Aces were built though, none of the riders in the main body dropped under 5.5, Ipswich had Stewart who struggled (I believe), so replacing him in the team was inevitable.

Anders will probably maintain his average (forgetting the fact he's now an RS), I just think Tom will push on now.

45 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Just for what I've seen of the riders, the riding style (yes it's not all that), Anders seems a bit awkward sometimes on a bike, I just see Tom as a cut above. Again, I'm not slating Anders, he had a great season but I just think he will have second season syndrome. 

Tom being at reserve all season was mainly because of the way the Aces were built though, none of the riders in the main body dropped under 5.5, Ipswich had Stewart who struggled (I believe), so replacing him in the team was inevitable.

Anders will probably maintain his average (forgetting the fact he's now an RS), I just think Tom will push on now.

Agree that Tom will push on.  I believe that his scores at the NSS will improve in 2022, they were generally not as good as his away scores last year.  If he can gate a little better at home he will be hard to catch.  He is shaping up as someone who can go all the way but next year may be crucial for his development. 

There are more people "in the know" on here than me so just wondering if the signs are still showing that Chris Holder is committed to Swedish speedway next year?

I just hope BV can spring a surprise and sign someone who is not your run of the mill type rider. CH would fit that description admirably. 

Sure all 6 teams would want Tom in their side given the option, don't think they would all want Chris Holder, not the force he was and could end up being a high paid, high average 2022 'Batchelor '.

13 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

This 

14 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Based on what exactly? You’re of course entitled to your opinion, but we can only go on what we’ve seen so far. The fact is Brennan spent the entire year at reserve, and averaged under 4. Rowe, who is also a year younger by the way, averaged 4 and a half whilst riding half of the meetings in the main body of the side whilst injured. He actually went in to the season carrying an injury, and seriously aggravated it crashing 6 weeks in to the season. Up until that point the lad was riding like an established heat leader! 

Yes, I know that. But I was under the impression they were talking about the coming season, not the one just gone. 

2 sides to the debate I guess. Imo it’s not always about numbers. 

I look at technique, the way they handle themselves on the bike, the track craft and so on.

They are both decent riders at this stage, but the gap will grow as the years go and it will be Tom in my eyes who will become the better rider. I’m not claiming to be some superhero who can see the future here, it’s just an opinion based on years watching the sport. 

That said, whilst you can’t make a direct comparison between the 2 as rising stars, I do see your point based on last season alone. Anders had a better season, no question.

This year will be a better measure.

As much as I like Tom, I do see him as a conservative rider, and I think he could use some tuition from someone like Tai. He likes the inside, and finds good speed there, he’s smooth and looks classy on a speedway bike. But he doesn’t attack the track enough, and often I’ve felt like he’s riding within himself. There is enough natural talent and ability there for him to go really far, he just needs to unlock it with a bit of help from people who have the experience and track record to do it.

Edited by acef

On 12/14/2021 at 6:58 PM, gazzac said:

Sure all 6 teams would want Tom in their side given the option, don't think they would all want Chris Holder, not the force he was and could end up being a high paid, high average 2022 'Batchelor '.

Batchelor was just under 9, Holder is just over 7, so there's a bit of a difference. As for "high paid" just offer him what you can afford!

20 hours ago, acef said:

2 sides to the debate I guess. Imo it’s not always about numbers. 

I look at technique, the way they handle themselves on the bike, the track craft and so on.

They are both decent riders at this stage, but the gap will grow as the years go and it will be Tom in my eyes who will become the better rider. I’m not claiming to be some superhero who can see the future here, it’s just an opinion based on years watching the sport. 

That said, whilst you can’t make a direct comparison between the 2 as rising stars, I do see your point based on last season alone. Anders had a better season, no question.

This year will be a better measure.

As much as I like Tom, I do see him as a conservative rider, and I think he could use some tuition from someone like Tai. He likes the inside, and finds good speed there, he’s smooth and looks classy on a speedway bike. But he doesn’t attack the track enough, and often I’ve felt like he’s riding within himself. There is enough natural talent and ability there for him to go really far, he just needs to unlock it with a bit of help from people who have the experience and track record to do it.

Rowe was better in the Prem & Brennan was better in the Champ. So who's the better rider?

Tom improved noticeably towards the end of the season.IMO.Think he will kick on to better things given the luck you need in the sport.Not knocking Anders though.

16 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Brady Kurtz 7.27 announced,

thats the 4 we know, now for the 3 we dont know

Surely jye will be in given hes at berwick...

1 hour ago, ljriley90 said:

Surely jye will be in given hes at berwick...

I dont think he will be as his average is quite high and would have to start in the 1-5 where he struggled last time, hes a good reserve and if we can fit him in there then yes, he would be worth a shout but in the 1-5 sadly not

Fricke

Wright

Kurtz

Etheridge

??????

Allen

Brennan

I agree about Jye in the 1-5, but wouldn't surprise me to see him there. We could see him and Allen swapping places into the season anyway, as the latter has what it takes to be in the main body of the team. The above would leave 7.00 for the last rider.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheOpinion said:

Fricke

Wright

Kurtz

Etheridge

??????

Allen

Brennan

I agree about Jye in the 1-5, but wouldn't surprise me to see him there. We could see him and Allen swapping places into the season anyway, as the latter has what it takes to be in the main body of the team. The above would leave 7.00 for the last rider.

Yes echo the same sentiment regarding jye in the 1-5 but with a pack shuffle hes a very strong reserve.

A leaving in 7 points gives some decent options youd habe thought?

I think crump will Be in the team. He’s not said he’s retired again and is keen to race if someone will have him, he goes pretty well round NSS and on a low average too !

• Haha 2