British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Bandits 2022

Just now, Normski said:

Leicester benefiting from using Edwards as a guest. No disrespect but I don't think Coles would have scored 11+2 last week at Berwick

No absolutely not. It's up to the TM to source the best possible rider available. But what hear from some of these teams are these riders will be the lions, monarchs etc of the future. Yet when an opportunity to blood one of the junior side into the main team arises, very rarely seems an opportunity is given. I mean did Leicester really need Edwards at Newcastle yesterday? Prime example where an opportunity could've been given to a younger rider. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

No absolutely not. It's up to the TM to source the best possible rider available. But what hear from some of these teams are these riders will be the lions, monarchs etc of the future. Yet when an opportunity to blood one of the junior side into the main team arises, very rarely seems an opportunity is given. I mean did Leicester really need Edwards at Newcastle yesterday? Prime example where an opportunity could've been given to a younger rider. 

Team manager has got to make sure he fields  the best Team possible( within the rules) so he was right to use Edwards.IMO.Had Leicester lost or not gotten the bonus point,he would have taken some stick.(ask Cami)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bandits4eva said:

Stoneman definitely showed a liking for our track in the Bullets vs Chargers meeting… worth a punt for sure! Knudsen I’m excited to see though! 

Not to mention beating Proctor and Bickley (twice) in the Bandits v Cheetahs match

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Team manager has got to make sure he fields  the best Team possible( within the rules) so he was right to use Edwards.IMO.Had Leicester lost or not gotten the bonus point,he would have taken some stick.(ask Cami)

Aye, fair point lol

Fair play to Berwick getting rid of Bickley,  should have done it sooner

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

But Coles was unavailable and the next choice would be Tom Spencer, who while progressing nicely, would be way over matched. However naming and then dropping Coles the previous evening does still confirm your point.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge only Oxford used their own CL rider to replace a 6/7 who was injured so far this season even as a guest for those clubs with NDL sides. 

Edinburgh never used an armadale rider to replace sarj. Berwick have signed stoneman over one of their sides.  Plymouth signed mcgurck over one of their riders to replace Atkins and used guests who didn't ride for the junior side before signed him. Leicester using Edwards predominantly to replace Rowe rather than promote a cub.

Begs the question what's the point?

As true as it is about Plymouth at the start of the season they had both there number 1 and 5 national league riders in the the championship team. 1 got injured and 1 quit. Whilst we did use the number 3 as guest and it didn’t go well at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Is Stoneman? Surely the upgrade is getting Knudson?

Knudsen replaces Proctor I should think. Stoneman has great potential and looked good when here earlier in the season

15 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Fair play to Berwick getting rid of Bickley,  should have done it sooner

Getting rid is harsh, probably done him a favour. He’s still captain of the Bullets 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Bit surprised Berwick didn't go for Greg Blair instead of Stoneman. I thought the Bullets were supposed to be future Bandits?

Blair is in his early 30’s? Hardly the future. Only current Bullet I can see making the CL is Ace Pijper in a couple of years 

• Like 1

Just now, Shadders said:

Blair is in his early 30’s? Hardly the future. Only current Bullet I can see making the CL is Ace Pijper in a couple of years 

agree.

Just now, Shadders said:

Mason Watson possibly

Excited to see Knudsen ride in Britain, see he rides for same team as basso in Denmark. Minor side note is there a brother, jesper or is that just coincidence with the surname like Nicki and bjarne? Only ask as if one could be persuaded into Britain so might the other?

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Bit surprised Berwick didn't go for Greg Blair instead of Stoneman. I thought the Bullets were supposed to be future Bandits?

Greg Blair rode for the Bandits about 13 years ago. Ace Pijper is someone who will move up and into the Bandits team, not Greg Blair or Luke Crang, they’re not up and coming.

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Excited to see Knudsen ride in Britain, see he rides for same team as basso in Denmark. Minor side note is there a brother, jesper or is that just coincidence with the surname like Nicki and bjarne? Only ask as if one could be persuaded into Britain so might the other?

Believe Jesper is the younger brother

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1