British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Bandits 2022

3 hours ago, Shadders said:

Blair is in his early 30’s? Hardly the future. Only current Bullet I can see making the CL is Ace Pijper in a couple of years 

That makes me think, give him a shot before he's too old!

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Watered down even more? The championship has never been stronger!

That’s your opinion,mines differs.That’s what a Forum is though.

If Berwick are serious about making the play-offs, then certainly build the strongest team possible. Will they be able to gain 3 or 4 away wins to achieve this?

When I look at the NL averages of Stoneman 8.76 (9.90) & Blair 8.38 (9.38) there's not a lot in it. That being said I have been impressed with Stoneman's efforts guesting for the Cheetahs.

Just now, szkocjasid said:

If Berwick are serious about making the play-offs, then certainly build the strongest team possible. Will they be able to gain 3 or 4 away wins to achieve this?

When I look at the NL averages of Stoneman 8.76 (9.90) & Blair 8.38 (9.38) there's not a lot in it. That being said I have been impressed with Stoneman's efforts guesting for the Cheetahs.

I think Blair's issue is he can't gate, which gets away with in NL but won't in the champ. Stoneman from little I've seen seemed to be in the mix out 2nd bend so might score few points. Especially at no pass shielfield :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

I think Blair's issue is he can't gate, which gets away with in NL but won't in the champ. Stoneman from little I've seen seemed to be in the mix out 2nd bend so might score few points. Especially at no pass shielfield :P

Blair rides on the limit a little bit too much for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

I remember around just 4 years ago watching him regularly in the Colts alongside Dan Bewley...

With the two of them often riding Ht 13 and Ht 15 together...

With Bickley more than a match for Bewley and would win his fair share of heats when they rode together..

And as he often outgated Dan, who had to fight his way through from the back, the margin of some victories showed he was more than capable, with Dan not always making any impression gap wise, and race win times between the two were very comparable..

Amazing that Dan is now on such a hugely different career path, in what is a pretty short period of time, especially given the Covid break..

One knocking on the GP Finals door, and the other struggling to hold down a reserve place in Division 2 of the UK..

Hope there is a way back for the kid, but it will take a huge amount of tenacity and resilience to get himself onto the career path that seemed likely for him when rode for the Colts first up..

Similar to Woffinden and Auty back in their early years. Both looked destined for the top but only one made it that far.

Edited by Bellers101
  • Like 1

This may have been answered already but given that Berwick have changed two riders does this count as one change or two under the rules?

42 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

You need to watch a bit more about taking at Berwick. We’ve been spoilt this year with some of the passing. Indeed Mr cook should vouch for that after Harris and Bickley showed him how

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Blair rides on the limit a little bit too much for me.

Maybe so… but it’s bloody entertaining when he does! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuntdouble said:

You need to watch a bit more about taking at Berwick. We’ve been spoilt this year with some of the passing. Indeed Mr cook should vouch for that after Harris and Bickley showed him how

Knew I'd get a nibble with that one :D

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

This may have been answered already but given that Berwick have changed two riders does this count as one change or two under the rules?

2 at once under the rules 

28 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Knew I'd get a nibble with that one :D

Indeed you would. To be fair I used to think the same and would fill in programme after 2nd bend but not now. Has been some tremendous racing and passing this year in both the bandits and bullits meetings 

Just now, Stuntdouble said:

Indeed you would. To be fair I used to think the same and would fill in programme after 2nd bend but not now. Has been some tremendous racing and passing this year in both the bandits and bullits meetings 

Unfortunately haven't made it down this season but hope it has, good club, fans and promotion imo due a bit of luck and success 

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Berwick have as much chance of making the playoffs as you or me winning the lottery only the cup left.

• Like 1

Just now, Jaizer said:

Unfortunately haven't made it down this season but hope it has, good club, fans and promotion imo due a bit of luck and success 

Got to say and I may be biased but the promotion have a well oiled machine working at home meetings. More bums on seats and some cracking entertainment. Getting youngsters on the road to senior level has seen some great NDL meetings also. Long may it continue and I think without injuries this year we would possibly not lost a home meeting. 

• Like 2