British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2022

Quite surprised with the stick Ellis is getting to be honest, a great racer and usually in the thick of the points, has also stated he wants a return to Sheffield for 2022. I'd be very happy if he was back with us.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Moranboys said:

apart from the four falls, that he actually passed someone from the back.

More times than he passed someone when in front

5 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Regardless,still wouldn't have him back next season,and out of those races are there any times,apart from the four falls,that he actually passed someone from the back....I doubt it..v much.

22 races out of 84.

3 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

Quite surprised with the stick Ellis is getting to be honest, a great racer and usually in the thick of the points, has also stated he wants a return to Sheffield for 2022. I'd be very happy if he was back with us.

Me too would be happy to see Adam return

7 minutes ago, MWC said:

Me too would be happy to see Adam return

I think its really only one Poster is has said he would not have Adam back, and he is entitled to his or her opinion.

I think they will be disappointed as reading between the lines Adam wants to be back and the club want him back as well.

And I would say that the vast majority of fans want him back at Sheffield.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, spin king said:

I think its really only one Poster is has said he would not have Adam back, and he is entitled to his or her opinion.

I think they will be disappointed as reading between the lines Adam wants to be back and the club want him back as well.

And I would say that the vast majority of fans want him back at Sheffield.

As Ellis had a good year for Sheffield, it will be difficult for him to up his average! That's the only reason not to bring him back, which is a fault of speedway - doing well so losing your team spot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

As Ellis had a good year for Sheffield, it will be difficult for him to up his average! That's the only reason not to bring him back, which is a fault of speedway - doing well so losing your team spot!

Maybe.

But on an starting average I would look for him to maintain or make a small improvement.

The riders that tend to lose their place in teams are the 5 to 6 point men.

Also if Ellis's chance of team spot in the Sheffield due to the improvement he made then the same could be said for Jack Holder.

Both made similar improvements on their starting averages  

3 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Any ideas on Jack's intentions for next season ? Would like to see him back with Sheffield again

Well he is basing himself in UK, next season and has said that he would be quite happy to return to Sheffield next season.

Make of that what you want.

27 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Any ideas on Jack's intentions for next season ? Would like to see him back with Sheffield again

Peter mole said Jack had been a pleasure to have in the team  this season and wanted to be back at sheffield so I’d be surprised if he’s not back. He also said one of the riders was wanting big money but not who you’d think it might be. Hope it’s not Josh Pickering because I would love to see him back. 

29 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Peter mole said Jack had been a pleasure to have in the team  this season and wanted to be back at sheffield so I’d be surprised if he’s not back. He also said one of the riders was wanting big money but not who you’d think it might be. Hope it’s not Josh Pickering because I would love to see him back. 

Batch wanted big money so he could get paid for 10 when he scores 5 

44 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Could be Josh, bearing in mind that he finished the season as third heatleader, and he maybe thinking that he deserves a pay increase.

Or could be that interest may have been shown from other clubs who may have offered him big money.

But Josh and other possible interested clubs need to be careful as Josh did not do a full season in the Premiership and may struggle to maintain or improve on that average.

Kings Lynn are a club that I would imagine would show more than a passing interest in him.

And as much as I love watching Josh and would love him back at the club I do think that their has to be a ceiling on riders pay rates at the club and if the money we are prepared to pay and his figure that he wants is wide of the mark then let him go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spin king said:

22 races out of 84.

How the hell can you remember if he passed someone in a race 22 times...the mind boggles..

1 minute ago, Moranboys said:

How the hell can you remember if he passed someone in a race 22 times...the mind boggles..

I don't my friend.

Took the info from Speedway Updates pages.

13 minutes ago, spin king said:

Could be Josh, bearing in mind that he finished the season as third heatleader, and he maybe thinking that he deserves a pay increase.

Or could be that interest may have been shown from other clubs who may have offered him big money.

But Josh and other possible interested clubs need to be careful as Josh did not do a full season in the Premiership and may struggle to maintain or improve on that average.

Kings Lynn are a club that I would imagine would show more than a passing interest in him.

And as much as I love watching Josh and would love him back at the club I do think that their has to be a ceiling on riders pay rates at the club and if the money we are prepared to pay and his figure that he wants is wide of the mark then let him go. 

I hope Musielak isn’t his replacement as I’d like to see them both along with Jack and Adam. That would be a strong top 4 with Howarth mountain and Nielsen at the bottom end