British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2022

22 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

The information posted by Texom is dated 19th November - 2 days ago. As I rarely read this forum, presumably you can provide links and / or screenshots of other forms of social media where it was stated that Musielak was signing for Sheffield weeks ago?

Personally I prefer the “old fashioned” way of waiting for my club to announce who they’re signing, rather than randoms posting on a forum. Until then it’s merely gossip.

And let’s face it, as we all know, until you see a rider at the tapes in your team’s colours nothing is guaranteed.

Read the forum it's on various threads.

@Flappy posted it a couple of times.

Not gossip........It's a fact of life that Musielak has signed. 

Not the 1990's anymore and times have changed to a point where secrets don't remain a secret. 

• Like 1

I think clubs have got to accept that this day and age you may as well announce signings as soon as the ink is on the contract because with social media it’s going to be leaked. It’s the same with football. Fans are anxious for up to date news which makes it nigh on impossible to keep anything a secret    That’s the world we live in now so we’ve got to move with the times or get left behind. Peter mole said last week he would prefer to announce riders at staars meetings but in reality it won’t work. Our promotion do a brilliant job but I think we are at a time when riders just need to be announced as soon as possible to keep the interest going throughout the winter and hopefully the riders can get some sponsorship sorted early. 

• Like 3

Speedway in the UK failing to move with the times ?

i’m shocked I tell you 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Not the 1990's anymore and times have changed to a point where secrets don't remain a secret. 

Read the forum? All of it? Life is too short mate - way too much doom and gloom on here, and fans living in the past. 

Of course news leaks out, it always has done. But some fans just can’t wait to break news that they’ve heard or been told. These rumours spread and then take away any impact that the club might have wanted. Who knows, they may have planned a big PR reveal or a meet the team night?

Personally I’m not bothered when clubs announce signings. But I think it’s their right to decide when and how they do it.

Promoter seem to like keeping fans waiting for announcement of riders signings.

If we are to wait for the next STAAR meeting then it would be the middle of December when the first one is announced.

They also seem to like to drip feed signings.

Personally I would rather they announced the riders as soon as possible, rather then second guessing or speculating. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

I think clubs have got to accept that this day and age you may as well announce signings as soon as the ink is on the contract because with social media it’s going to be leaked. It’s the same with football. Fans are anxious for up to date news which makes it nigh on impossible to keep anything a secret    That’s the world we live in now so we’ve got to move with the times or get left behind. Peter mole said last week he would prefer to announce riders at staars meetings but in reality it won’t work. Our promotion do a brilliant job but I think we are at a time when riders just need to be announced as soon as possible to keep the interest going throughout the winter and hopefully the riders can get some sponsorship sorted early. 

When do you open your Christmas presents? 

Two weeks before? And do you know what you’re getting before you open them?

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Like you say ,move with the times. They are not going outdo Social Media.

14 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

It's common knowledge most of these teams, riders talk, mechanics talk, club staff talk.

Waiting to drip feed to the local press is wrong in 2021

• Like 3

Add to that,,, how many people buy a local newspaper these days.  Not that my local newspaper covers any sort of speedway anyway. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Add to that,,, how many people buy a local newspaper these days.  Not that my local newspaper covers any sort of speedway anyway. 

You’re aware that newspapers use social media extensively as an outlet for their content, right?

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

It's common knowledge most of these teams, riders talk, mechanics talk, club staff talk.

Waiting to drip feed to the local press is wrong in 2021

You don’t think the local press already knows?

Maybe, just maybe, clubs want to control how their signings for the next season are made known beyond the bounds of this forum and those few people in the know?

Say, for example, a big reveal - such as Sheffield have announced this morning?

Just be patient, just because some people know already doesn’t mean you’ll see them ride any earlier than those that don’t know yet.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

You don’t think the local press already knows?

Maybe, just maybe, clubs want to control how their signings for the next season are made known beyond the bounds of this forum and those few people in the know?

Say, for example, a big reveal - such as Sheffield have announced this morning?

Just be patient, just because some people know already doesn’t mean you’ll see them ride any earlier than those that don’t know yet.

This big surprise reveal is weird when it's common knowledge

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

This big surprise reveal is weird when it's common knowledge

So what is the Sheffield team for 2022 then? Seen as it’s common knowledge.

If teams announce their full 1-7s now, then they will have nothing to announce and therefore little publicity in December/January/February when - season ticket purchases are at their peak.

59 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

You’re aware that newspapers use social media extensively as an outlet for their content, right?

Like I said,, my local doesn't cover speedway