British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

7 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Oh yep, always optimistic moi :D

Always said that Long Eaton would one day win the league! :party:

Pirates to Win 47-43 at Glasgow, Win with a Worrall & Basso on the Gasso to lead the way! :D

Be careful using French terminology, you may offend someone or they may think it isn't funny!! 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Be careful using French terminology, you may offend someone or they may think it isn't funny!! 

Did u ever watch Allo, Allo? :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Rory has been excellent lately so i would expect double figures from him, unlikely to beat Craig Cook but got a good chance against the others, i would think 9-10 from him.Danny and Steve have been very consistent too so i would expect all our heat leaders to go well. Never been to Glasgow but looks a similar track to Poole.

Corners are probably a bit wider than Poole, but other than that pretty similar.

For us I think all going to depend if nowak can score in the away leg. Looked like an NL wobbler both away matches he's raced so far

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Corners are probably a bit wider than Poole, but other than that pretty similar.

Reportedly, Ashfield also doesn't have horrendous bumps in it as per the one you're comparing with allegedly or so they say.

14 minutes ago, GS550 said:

Reportedly, Ashfield also doesn't have horrendous bumps in it as per the one you're comparing with allegedly or so they say.

Like to know where your getting your information from? It's a 100% better than earlier in the season.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Like to know where your getting your information from? It's a 100% better than earlier in the season.  

i would say 200% better track is now a perfect racing track :t:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Just generally.  Have heard that mentioned a number of times over the years in match reports etc, and also on a televised match (BT Sport or Eurosport) where they mentioned parts of the track to avoid and/or couldn't be raced full throttle on.  All/any of it secondhand info hence "reportedly" and "allegedly".  All tracks have imperfections, 3rd bend Ashfield was sorted out during the covid shutdown and break last year.

1 minute ago, GS550 said:

Just generally.  Have heard that mentioned a number of times over the years in match reports etc, and also on a televised match (BT Sport or Eurosport) where they mentioned parts of the track to avoid and/or couldn't be raced full throttle on.  All/any of it secondhand info hence "reportedly" and "allegedly".  All tracks have imperfections, 3rd bend Ashfield was sorted out during the covid shutdown and break last year.

Like I've said it's a lot better now,  but it doesn't matter which track you talk about you can get them better and you never stop learning doing tracks eg new shale bikes ect. 

2 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Like I've said it's a lot better now,  but it doesn't matter which track you talk about you can get them better and you never stop learning doing tracks eg new shale bikes ect. 

No worries

12 minutes ago, GS550 said:

No worries

That's OK just being honest with you

• Like 1

Any complaints about Poole track seem to have stopped since the dinner table hole a few months ago. Sure be in best possible nick for Thursday

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

...the dinner table hole a few months ago.

Eh?  :o

Poole track is in the best condition it has been in for a long while. Smooth and allowing for plenty of passing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

Did u ever watch Allo, Allo? :D

Yes brilliant programme and I saw the stage show too .Fallen Madonna with the big boobies!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

For us I think all going to depend if nowak can score in the away leg. Looked like an NL wobbler both away matches he's raced so far

I doubt any Polish rider would struggle at Poole, I am expecting him to go well at both meetings but whether he can beat Basso consistently is another question.