British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I only said 'no rider announcements in the immediate future'!  That doesn't mean that negotiations and signings are not taking place - just not being announced as if you think about it any rider announcements might influence the legal/rental negotiations which incidentally have already been going on for a month or more!!

Poole  have already stated last week that terms have been agreed with 2 riders. 

Along with the riders 'released' by Leicester/Eastbourne/Kent there are still plenty of options.

Hi Skidder

Wasn't aimed in your direction :).

My comments were aimed more at could the promoters have already agreed on structure/points limits & if any changes to if 1 or 2 rising stars for season 2022. Also the fact that so far Zach has not been named in the 5 named Plymouth riders which a bit of a surprise (if he was staying) considering how low his GSA is, and the fact they have 2 rising stars named in the 5 so far. We all know Zach is a potential upward mover on that 4.40 GSA. His Poole guest scores alone prove that plus he improved in the later part of the season. Let's hope we can get him ;)

My only concern on the legal battle was if like many UK legal situations it dragged on well in to 2022 which not great for the Club/riders or us supporters.

I am sure Danny/Matt have things well in hand.  I am soooo glad I was wrong in how things were going at one stage earlier. So pleased I was wrong big time :D

Knowing the points limit and rising star situation would make the close season name next seasons team game much more interesting and better :). I mean for those of us not so close to any inside info ;).

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Hi Skidder

My comments were aimed more at could the promoters have already agreed on structure/points limits & if any changes to if 1 or 2 rising stars for season 2022. Also the fact that so far Zach has not been named in the 5 named Plymouth riders which a bit of a surprise (if he was staying) considering how low his GSA is, and the fact they have 2 rising stars named in the 5 so far. We all know Zach is a potential upward mover on that 4.40 GSA. His Poole guest scores alone prove that plus he improved in the later part of the season. Let's hope we can get him ;)

My only concern on the legal battle was if like many UK legal situations it dragged on well in to 2022 which not great for the Club/riders or us supporters.

I am sure Danny/Matt have things well in hand.  I am soooo glad I was wrong in how things were going at one stage earlier. So pleased I was wrong big time :D

Knowing the points limit and rising star situation would make the close season name next seasons team game much more interesting and better :). I mean for those of us not so close to any inside info ;).

surely poole speedway and stadia uk are talking /whats the point in putting team together if you got no where to race oh hang on oxford are looking for promotor :t::t:

32 minutes ago, ray c said:

surely poole speedway and stadia uk are talking /whats the point in putting team together if you got no where to race oh hang on oxford are looking for promotor :t::t:

I thought Oxford already had a promoter? The name Courtney was being bandied about before but I wasn’t sure if it was Sean, Scott, Jamie or even Mark. But I’d guess it to be the one who lives closest. As long as it’s not John. That would be totally farcical. And not at all honest :D

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I thought Oxford already had a promoter? The name Courtney was being bandied about before but I wasn’t sure if it was Sean, Scott, Jamie or even Mark. But I’d guess it to be the one who lives closest. As long as it’s not John. That would be totally farcical. And not at all honest :D

You must remember this the funny season in speedway anything can happen :D

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

You must remember this the funny season in speedway anything can happen :D

Please no. Anyone but him. BSF has been a much kinder place since he got the bum’s rush oop North :icon_smile_clown:

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Sure it's not Courtney Love? :wub::party:

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I'm sure Poole sponsors Trethowans Solicitors are well on the case.

19 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Hi Skidder

Some other clubs have indicated the points limit to be 42 for the full 1-7;):t:, with '2021 rising stars' having their true average (less the 2.5% British discount)

I would guess (and it really is a guess) that the 2 riders who have 'agreed terms for 2022' are the Cook brothers! This may or may not be confirmed later today................

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So with a 42 point point limit Poole could track the same team with obviously the absence of Rory and finding a replacement for him. 

If you take Rory out, how much is left to replace him? Also are you including Zach Cook in this team or Stefan Nielsen? ;)

• Haha 1

So Oxford back and riding in the championship Wednesday nights, could that affect the Poole crowds, with people coming to Poole from the Southampton area 

Just now, Arthur54 said:

So Oxford back and riding in the championship Wednesday nights, could that affect the Poole crowds, with people coming to Poole from the Southampton area 

Don't think it will have any effect on Poole crowds to be honest.  The Poole crowds got bigger as the season went on and long may it last. Also think sorting the track out as helped better the racing keeps the fans happy let's be honest that's what we all go for.  

• Like 1