British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Thats even more pressure on Steve and Danny than they had this year, missing a heat-leader imo

Of course you can add a stronger rider at the top, but that also means a weaker rider at the bottom!

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I doubt Worrall will be back.

Cant build a title challenging 1-7 when using up 18.02 on 2 riders.

It's borderline Plymouth from this year when including both King & Worrall.

Denmark are running a full fixture list next season so Basso signing for Poole is unlikely at this point.

I would say 5 of those riders could put at least a point on their averages! So can easily build a title challenging team with 2 x 9.0 riders!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

How about?

Poole  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Danny King 8.99
Ben Cook 5.31
Danyon Hume 4.88
Ashley Morris 4.68
Stefan Nielsen 4.67
Zach Cook 4.40
Total 41.98

Where did u pluck Ashley Morris from? Just can't imagine he'd be on the Pirates' radar....well wooden dial! :party:

I hope Basso doesn't leave, he shud see being on board the Pirates Ship as the way to build his craft far quicker and stronger.

Leave Denmark behind, the Pirate Ship is the way to sail!

Now be told! :D

1 minute ago, PirateShip said:

I hope Basso doesn't leave, he shud see being on board the Pirates Ship as the way to build his craft far quicker and stronger.

Leave Denmark behind, the Pirate Ship is the way to sail!

Now be told! :D

Think he's decided he looks better in stripes :D

10 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Where did u pluck Ashley Morris from? Just can't imagine he'd be on the Pirates' radar....well wooden dial! :party:

Think he has done alright at Poole when we were in the Prem when he was with Wolves a few years back?? Who did he ride for this season? 

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Think he's decided he looks better in stripes :D

Thanks Jaizer, I just spat my cuppa onto the keyboard now! :o;)

23 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Picked 6 riders, then see who's available under the 4.70 remaining! Personally I rate Morris!

• Like 1

A real shame they got rid of rising stars. Gave young riders a chance. Now some are left with inflated averages and are going to struggle to get a team place.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A real shame they got rid of rising stars. Gave young riders a chance. Now some are left with inflated averages and are going to struggle to get a team place.

Don't really agree, the league is pretty much same strength as last season and the championship has never had issue giving young Brits a chance. Continuing with it in premiership makes sense as that's where opportunities were fewer

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not sure why you'd class them as inflated averages. They earned them in a tough league, which will be of similar standard this year.

Bowtell, Jenkins and Flint already signed up. Thompson's, Palin, Kemp, Edwards, Hume, Thomas all likely to get places easily.

32 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Don't really agree, the league is pretty much same strength as last season and the championship has never had issue giving young Brits a chance. Continuing with it in premiership makes sense as that's where opportunities were fewer

I agree, the "rising stars" in the Prem makes a bigger difference to bringing on Brits imo

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

This. And a better NDL to help bridge the gap instead of forcing riders that aren't ready to step into the Championship

• Like 2

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

How about?

Poole  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Danny King 8.99
Ben Cook 5.31
Danyon Hume 4.88
Ashley Morris 4.68
Stefan Nielsen 4.67
Zach Cook 4.40
Total 41.98

8 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Thats even more pressure on Steve and Danny than they had this year, missing a heat-leader imo

8 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I doubt Worrall will be back.

Cant build a title challenging 1-7 when using up 18.02 on 2 riders.

It's borderline Plymouth from this year when including both King & Worrall.

Denmark are running a full fixture list next season so Basso signing for Poole is unlikely at this point.

It's impossible to suggest there is a simple system for picking a league winning team, Glasgow only had one rider above 7 after Ulrich got injured & finished 2nd, whereas Leicester had 4 x 8.00 riders but finished below them!

Berwick always had one strong reserve Flint / Andersen but finished near the bottom, while Edinburgh till Kemp signed always had a reserve who scored very little finished in the top 5!

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

This. And a better NDL to help bridge the gap instead of forcing riders that aren't ready to step into the Championship

I think it'll be even harder for any NDL riders looking to step up this year, with a 42 limit I can see lots of strong reserves, so new 2.00 men will find it very tough!

• Like 1