British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Thing with josh he's 1 of them riders that never gives up .. so I'd be happy with him 

Could say the same about Josh Embleton. But doesn't mean hes good enough for the last spot. No I am not comparing the 2 ability wise, just effort wise.

I'd much rather be way below the limit and have someone like Broc Nicol or Paco Castagna instead of Josh Bates

Add Kyle Newman or Adam Roynon to that list too

Edited by Diamonds85

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Could say the same about Josh Embleton. But doesn't mean hes good enough for the last spot. No I am not comparing the 2 ability wise, just effort wise.

I'd much rather be way below the limit and have someone like Broc Nicol or Paco Castagna instead of Josh Bates

And to think we have chosen George and another 6 pointer, when we could have had Archie and an 8 pointer. Oh well.:cry:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

And to think we have chosen George and another 6 pointer, when we could have had Archie and an 8 pointer. Oh well.:cry:

Which other 8 pointer could we even attract though? Realistically...

Plus, now we have 2 very strong reserves, whereas, no offence, it's a couple years too early for Archie... I know he's the local hero, but if we keep signing weak riders, we're never going to win anything... And the fans will never return, it's a business at the end of the day

I'm sure if George is not pulling his weight by the mid point of the season, Rob isn't going to take any prisoners... Just got to hope if it does come to that, that BWD doesn't walk too...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Not a cat in hell's chance of getting the last 2 you mentioned

Just came to my head there, would palovaara fit for Newcastle's final place? Can't imagine he'll have a spot in Poland?

Just now, Justgotmecpc said:

Not a cat in hell's chance of getting the last 2 you mentioned

Also I think Nicol has a polish spot sorted &bates better around brough than castagna for me

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Just came to my head there, would palovaara fit for Newcastle's final place? Can't imagine he'll have a spot in Poland?

Good shout that

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Would love embo in the team as it is tho I can't see it any time soon which is a shame

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Plus, now we have 2 very strong reserves, whereas, no offence, it's a couple years too early for Archie... I know he's the local hero, but if we keep signing weak riders, we're never going to win anything... And the fans will never return, it's a business at the end of the day

I'm sure if George is not pulling his weight by the mid point of the season, Rob isn't going to take any prisoners... Just got to hope if it does come to that, that BWD doesn't walk too...

Just hope George can score his average home & away & from what I've seen on video I can't see why not as he can trap & looks hard to pass..

14 hours ago, Tsunami said:

13 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

It has been a while since we've managed to do that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Just hope George can score his average home & away & from what I've seen on video I can't see why not as he can trap & looks hard to pass..

He will do well to ride to his average,riders in the video wouldn’t even get a NL spot over here.IMO

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He will do well to ride to his average,riders in the video wouldn’t even get a NL spot over here.IMO

That's why I said  I HOPE he can score his average !! But I get what you say .. But he seems a fiery rider so let's see how he does when he arrives & sees brough for the 1st time !! I'm sure he'll have plenty help off big Bruce cribb with him 

6 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

It has been a while since we've managed to do that.

Yes and that's more the pity. There's 3 teams that haven't declared yet and they will also need riders. Let's see if they can get the about 8 point riders over the line. We shall see. 

https://youtu.be/wB-RHM2ZJmw

Congreve looks a great prospect. The opposition wasn't up to much in this meeting with Terry-Daley being a recognisable name.

He was on the pace with BWD though, in one race Congreve passed a couple then kept up with BWD.

That said, the track in NZ was totally different to wot he will face at Brough Park.

Hope George adapts well & helps Newcastle build on their future. 

:t:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1