British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

58 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

BWD getting a lower ave won't help Newcastle though! They already built a team well below the points limit, so if they wanted to & the riders are available, could strengthen up the team anytime!

Will get him away from the number 1 position though, he needs to ride at number 2 on last night's showing, at least then he MAY get something in heat 8... I can now understand why they put Matty at 2

Max was another level of class yet again, he's going to be our strongest rider this season I feel

We are, scarily enough, in exactly the same position as last year... I just hope all this sponsorship means our future isn't threatened and we can start with a clean slate next season, alongside everyone else... With a PROPER number 1...

Edited by Diamonds85

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

BWD getting a lower ave won't help Newcastle though! They already built a team well below the points limit, so if they wanted to & the riders are available, could strengthen up the team anytime!

It's all well & good saying that changes need to be made ! But the thing is where are the riders going to come from as with being a Sunday track we all know how hard it is getting a out & out number 1 rider in as a majority of the riders Rob tried to get in last season are fixed up this season already so we need to get behind the current team & enjoy the rest of the season..

• Like 3

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Yeah, didn't say or imply it would. Was just replying to 'jaizer',,, but like 'cpc' guy has said, it's not like the proper no.1's are queueing up doon the Fossway to get in. :t:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Out of interest how did BWD get that average? My memories of him in previous championship spell was strong 2nd string/ 3rd heat leader level. Is it a converted average from the prem?

18 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That will be correct, PL (5.47, 2019) converted X 1.5. 

16 hours ago, Jaizer said:

4 home and 4 away?

15 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Rules changed for this year, it's now 8 matches, doesn't matter how many home or away!

The last 2 posts are for assessed averages.

I am not too sure but in the past a rider with an old CL average will have a new average with latest meetings up to & including the 23rd day of the month & including his last CL meetings giving a 20 meeting rolling average. Although, as szkocjasid says, rules have changed this year so an old + new rolling average might not apply.

The new assessed rules are in the bumper edition of the SS & Premiership is 3 home 3 away & Championship last 8 (qualifying) meetings.

I'm not exactly feeling the love for BWD; I hope he doesn't read these Boards.

Why don't we see how it goes in the next few weeks? I think - hope - most of the Diamonds faithful will be willing him (and George) to succeed. Me in particular as I have 500 inflatable Kiwis on order...

On a different note, did anyone else think yesterday that maybe it's a pity it didn't work out with BB? Still, that's water under the bridge now.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

On a different note, did anyone else think yesterday that maybe it's a pity it didn't work out with BB? Still, that's water under the bridge now.

A did mention it whilst standing with my motley crew,,, got a bit of a chuckle when a said he was like the littlest hobo. ;)

Bb will do well at Plymouth being paid on time always makes you perform better .

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lewy said:

Bb will do well at Plymouth being paid on time always makes you perform better .

Really? Cause was paid promptly with us and was absolutely rotten lol. Barker's the kind of character performs when thinks got something to prove IMO

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Really? Cause was paid promptly with us and was absolutely rotten lol. Barker's the kind of character performs when thinks got something to prove IMO

Don't know about that but your team seem happy enough to bring him in as a guest when required. 

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

The last 2 posts are for assessed averages.

I am not too sure but in the past a rider with an old CL average will have a new average with latest meetings up to & including the 23rd day of the month & including his last CL meetings giving a 20 meeting rolling average. Although, as szkocjasid says, rules have changed this year so an old + new rolling average might not apply.

2022 Rolling Averages are calculated including 2019, 2021 and 2022 results to a maximum number of 20 matches (from Speedway GB website)

BWD last rode in the Champ in 2018, won't doesn't have any previous matches to add for a rolling ave.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lewy said:

Don't know about that but your team seem happy enough to bring him in as a guest when required. 

You think he was replaced mid-season for performing well lol. That's my point, he's got a point to prove whenever he's back. With Newcastle he passed cookie I think 3 times, I can't remember a single other person passing him at ashfield last season

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

You think he was replaced mid-season for performing well lol. That's my point, he's got a point to prove whenever he's back. With Newcastle he passed cookie I think 3 times, I can't remember a single other person passing him at ashfield last season

At least we agree he's got talent :t:

Just now, lewy said:

Absolutely never been in question, mental side been his downfall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lewy said:

Garry May however, is listing Ben at #2 in this week's Gladiators line-up