British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

18 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Haggling over rates of pay only works when there is a plentiful supply of riders which there is at the end of a season. The longer teams go on trying to get riders to sign, the higher the price will be. 
At this stage, Birmingham (and Belle Vue) will have to pay inflated rates often for lesser riders. If they have managed to get a sponsor’s licence, then expect Justin Sedgmen in the team. He’s a solid rider but has never got beyond being a lower league consistent second string and now, at the age of 30 has to be more “dependable” rather than someone with potential. 
If Adam Ellis really is in the frame, Birmingham just have to come to an agreement but not one that rewards him for under performance which is what fixed price deals do. I’m sure LR is skilled enough to come up with a stepped formula that will provide an incentive to perform.

If that's the structure then I'm pretty sure Ellis wont be in the frame which is his right.. You said it in your first sentence, Birmingham are desperate and they will have to pay what riders want (also remember that rider is the current British Champion) or they will go without 

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Rubbish!

Why 'state' that Morris and Nielsen will start as reserves, if you hadn't already signed 3 riders with higher averages then ?

Realistically if the final three riders signed are lower that Morris & Nielsen the team would the 6-7 points under the limit and arguably too understrength to be signed off.  2 x 4ish pointer and a 12 would put the side closer to the limit but that is the battle Brum face right now.

If the option to defer 12 months wasn't on the table then i guess pushing ahead was the right thing but it looks like a mammoth task ahead.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Realistically if the final three riders signed are lower that Morris & Nielsen the team would the 6-7 points under the limit and arguably too understrength to be signed off.  2 x 4ish pointer and a 12 would put the side closer to the limit but that is the battle Brum face right now.

If the option to defer 12 months wasn't on the table then i guess pushing ahead was the right thing but it looks like a mammoth task ahead.

I genuinely cant think of a 12ptr that would ride championship? who is there out there 

16 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

I genuinely cant think of a 12ptr that would ride championship? who is there out there 

If there is how much would they want ?

21 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Neither can i in all honesty. 

Hypothetically if Brum sign Kildemand for one meeting then sack him (for saying something mean about LR) could they then use guests for the remainder of the season? Terrible operating model i know BUT desperate times and all that

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wtf said:

I can only see this latest venture going one way unfortunately. It's a shame, but I just don't see how speedway is viable at Perry Bar. For a while the restrictions regarding access and trading and security and everything else put on any tenants by the landlords just make speedway nigh on impossible to run. A big rent to pay. A breakeven of 1000 is laughable. never going to happen. LR can't get riders because they have no confidence that they will see out the season yet alone be paid. They came to the party late, so have slim pickings to choose from. LR is very good at spending other peoples money and promising what he can't deliver. I feel there is another of the shrinking conveyor belt of misguided fans with a few quid, that are going to lose their shirt while other get to play at speedway and it will all end up in a mess. I hope I'm wrong, but seriously, who really thinks speedway is a genuine going concern at Perry Bar with how things are. 

Correc

In today’s Speedway star Laurence is just deciding on his options for his strongest team !!!! So a announcement must be fairly soon 

plus he is quoted regarding the mildenhall 2008 team that it wasn’t a bad team 

this was the team than won only one cup fixture all season. I remember a press conference at the start of the season and we had heard kaj laukkenen was only going to start the season and leave when his other commitments got busier.  
laurence told the crowd that it was untrue and 
Obviously that did happen come may

6 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

In today’s Speedway star Laurence is just deciding on his options for his strongest team !!!! So a announcement must be fairly soon 

plus he is quoted regarding the mildenhall 2008 team that it wasn’t a bad team 

this was the team than won only one cup fixture all season. I remember a press conference at the start of the season and we had heard kaj laukkenen was only going to start the season and leave when his other commitments got busier.  
laurence told the crowd that it was untrue and 
Obviously that did happen come may

Must have choice plenty riders in this buyers Market now? Also a month ago he was just waiting on 2 riders to return paperwork. LR if your going to lie make sure you are a good one lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Hypothetically if Brum sign Kildemand for one meeting then sack him (for saying something mean about LR) could they then use guests for the remainder of the season? Terrible operating model i know BUT desperate times and all that

P.s I might consider going to that ONE meeting if he did sign him? LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No 10.5.j allows a guest for a rider in dispute 'FOR A PERIOD DETERMINED BY THE BSPL'. Given past precedents and the wording of 10.5.k (riders retiring) which mentions 28 days the most likely outcome would be a 28 day facility.

However it is possible when faced with the choice of extending the facility or Birmingham folding you could end up with a season long guest spot.

• Thanks 1

Sedgman, Ellis, Rasmus, NBJ, Tommy J, Gappmaier, Keleher, Josh Bates, Lasse Bjerre, Ruml plus a few from Australia and Scandanavia.

Plenty of riders out there who come March may have diminishing options overseas and Birmingham with its central location and airport might look attractive?

2 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Sedgman, Ellis, Rasmus, NBJ, Tommy J, Gappmaier, Keleher, Josh Bates, Lasse Bjerre, Ruml plus a few from Australia and Scandanavia.

Plenty of riders out there who come March may have diminishing options overseas and Birmingham with its central location and airport might look attractive?

And With LR Desperate these riders will probably be able to bargain for better pay deals to. LR has his work cut out

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wtf said:

LR is very good at spending other peoples money

I always did wonder why he was not part of the consortium that took over.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wtf said:

LR is very good at spending other peoples money  

If LR doesn't sign at least 2 decent riders to complete the team, then I'd say the opposite and quote that he 'isn't' very good at spending other peoples money? :D