British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

9 hours ago, Col said:

Why the objection to Sedgeman, he was decent at PB in Glasgow's win last year .. better than Wells  5.5 seems reasonable.

Its not that I object....I would just prefer a stronger signing with the points that we have to play with...

It's very difficult to see or second guess which way we're going with the final 3? may be we're waiting for the outcome of Boris's garden party enquiry before any announcements ? :D

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

Well the "Boss" Nigel Tolley took the time out to try to reassure supporters that there is no need to panic and be patient with regards signing the three remaining riders, he said announcements would be made in the near future (Obviously as its near to P&P), With regards the Track work he is really happy with the way things are going, as for the stubble I presume he is going for the Jeff Lynne look ;).

Boss or the LR bank roller?

Another worry I would have if I was a brummies fan is absolutely no news on any sponsors either existing or new ones. Especially as the promotion made it clear when they took over how crucial this would be to survive 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Another worry I would have if I was a brummies fan is absolutely no news on any sponsors either existing or new ones. Especially as the promotion made it clear when they took over how crucial this would be to survive 

I think you have a valid point here....not sure what the hold up is on that one....unless I've/we've missed something?

13 hours ago, Col said:

Why the objection to Sedgeman, he was decent at PB in Glasgow's win last year .. better than Wells  5.5 seems reasonable.

I agree, plus I've seen no "realistic" suggestions if riders better than Sedgmen - we shall see!

9 hours ago, Technik said:

At this stage I'm starting to be a little concerned about the make up of the Birmingham squad. Whilst there is more than a month till the tapes rise all other teams have declared their proposed starting lineup & Brum still have to name a top three. I can't  see any riders left that would fill those voids unless as yet unknown to British speedway Euro stars are to come in. I guess there are some young Swedes & Danes that might come but at what cost. I hope it will be resolved soon.

If they can't get anyone better, Auty & Shanes could be in their top 3!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Well the "Boss" Nigel Tolley...as for the stubble I presume he is going for the Jeff Lynne look ;).

Any truth to the rumour that he's not cutting his hair until the Brummies win the league?

• Haha 1

Out of interest, does anyone know the availability of Marcus Birkemose, the 2020 European u21 Champion?  I know he's a squad rider in Denmark (same team as Ulrich Ostergaard) but I've not yet seen that he's signed for anyone in Poland or Sweden.

Another rider without too many "foreign" commitments would be Oskar Paluch, the almost 16 year-old Polish junior, and 2021 250cc European Champion. One for the back burner should Birmingham's season get past June when Paluch will be old enough to ride in the Championship. Mind you, that really would be showing ambition, wouldn't it?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Out of interest, does anyone know the availability of Marcus Birkemose, the 2020 European u21 Champion?  I know he's a squad rider in Denmark (same team as Ulrich Ostergaard) but I've not yet seen that he's signed for anyone in Poland or Sweden.

Another rider without too many "foreign" commitments would be Oskar Paluch, the almost 16 year-old Polish junior, and 2021 250cc European Champion. One for the back burner should Birmingham's season get past June when Paluch will be old enough to ride in the Championship. Mind you, that really would be showing ambition, wouldn't it?

At the moment pretty sure  he has had his danish licence suspended as he r3fused a drugs test at his last meeting 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Regarding the young Pole Paluch, I think rather than showing ambition, it would be a huge target on the promotions back for signing an untried and untested rider for the already disgruntled Brummies fans sadly... 

18 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Doesn't seem to have done himself any favours in Poland

https://sport.onet.pl/zuzel/zuzel-czy-marcus-birkemose-wroci-do-stali-gorzow/x4gd75x

Great News

The Brummies fans can carry on using the One Shop Stopping Centre car park. Better still, access to the OSSC car park has been improved thanks to the road works which aren't far from being complete. Just as well really as the capacity at the stadium car park has been significantly reduced.

As an outsider knowing nothing about what is going on behind the scenes, whatever riders Brum are supposedly approaching, they are most likely stalling commitment in an attempt to financially exploit the rapidly diminishing time frame to the start of the season. The longer this drags on, the more worrying it becomes, especially if at least two of the remaining riders are not genuine heat leaders at this level. Hopefully it will not get to the stage where they have to announce Tom, Dick & Harry just to come to the tapes in March. If that’s the case, I will have to make sure I get to the Lions KO Cup leg at Perry Barr (went last year and loved the place), because if Auty is one their top two they may not see the season out.