British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SEC finals Final round Pardubice Friday September 23rd live on Polish TV and PPV

16 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

can`t grade a 391 M track in 2 mins !!!

It's hardly improving the racing, if it was I'd appreciate it more 

1 minute ago, Kedavra said:

It's hardly improving the racing, if it was I'd appreciate it more 

TVP programme is 3 hours long- do you want them to talk for 90 mins either side of the meeting ?

Not a good race meeting. Looking forward to it, but it’s a let down.

i don’t think irs the length of the track that takes up tractor grading time, it’s the width. On Sunday for the Golden Helmet It will be 6 riders in a heat, the track is easy wide enough.

Edited by OveFundinFan

43 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

TVP programme is 3 hours long- do you want them to talk for 90 mins either side of the meeting ?

Another round of races would be nice

Good to see Mikelson stand on the top step.  That win may just have earned him a pick for next years GP’s. The win tonight will add to his GP success before his injury.

Well done to Leon. I think a review of the points given in the final needs a review to 4-3-2-1. Why. ?  Leon went into this meeting 1 point behind Kolodzeij. He went into the final still one point behind even though Leon won the Last Chance and Kolodzeij was last. So Leon was still the  one point behind. If he had come last in the final Leon would still be 1 point behind and Kolodzeij would have been Euro Champ. Surely getting to the final and finishing last is better then not getting to the final so all four finalists deserve an extra point. Tonight, one extra point for Leon would have got him into a face off for the Euro Champ title.  Last in a GP final get more than one point more than a semi final loser.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

can`t grade a 391 M track in 2 mins !!!

There wasn't much shale to grade later on as they removed the majority of the dirt from the track after heat 8. 

But it is a bloody big track! 

Edited by Col

7 hours ago, Col said:

There wasn't much shale to grade later on as they removed the majority of the dirt from the track after heat 8. 

But it is a bloody big track! 

The printed race card that R&R provides shows track at 391 metres, which is 428 yards. Belle Vue was 418 yards and I think Norwich was similar to BV. So it may be one of the biggest currently but not exceptional…which took me by surprise. What is exceptional is its width. Last night thy used whole track width for the 4 starting grids. I have seen that curtailed to a more “standard” width in the past, leaving a large part on te outside unused.

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

The printed race card that R&R provides shows track at 391 metres, which is 428 yards. Belle Vue was 418 yards and I think Norwich was similar to BV. So it may be one of the biggest currently but not exceptional…which took me by surprise. What is exceptional is its width. Last night thy used whole track width for the 4 starting grids. I have seen that curtailed to a more “standard” width in the past, leaving a large part on te outside unused.

West Ham originally 440 yards, reduced to 415 at Jack Young’s insistence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Krosno 396 M and Rzeszow 395 M. If you think Pardubice is wide have a look at the racing here from Wittstock( a great racing track)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gObqQ1pbpA8

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Krosno 396 M and Rzeszow 395 M. If you think Pardubice is wide have a look at the racing here from Wittstock( a great racing track)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gObqQ1pbpA8

I read that the East German authorities have acutally used the blueprint of the Pardubice track when they built the Wittstock track. 

1 minute ago, Bavarian said:

I read that the East German authorities have acutally used the blueprint of the Pardubice track when they built the Wittstock track. 

Pardubice 391 M   15 M    21 M

Wittstock  393 M   19 M  22 M

• Thanks 1