Stoke ‘Harvey Tyre’ Potters

1. Steve Worrall ©

2. James Sarjeant

3. Ricky Wells

4. Leon Flint

5. Ben Barker

6. Connor Coles

7. Joe Alcock

Also some demonstration races, featuring a few riders from back in the day... including co-promoter Rob Grant himself!

BOOK NOW! https://www.trybooking.co.uk/BNYI

Please note season tickets are not valid for this meeting.

Edited by StevePark
To add ticket link

Wonder if that is the answer to the riding order then? Or if that's just the riding order for this meeting. Matty at 2 is interesting. Looking forward to the first meeting back

Would have been great to watch! 

Shame its not being livestreamed :(

3 minutes ago, Pilot521 said:

Check https://newcastle-speedway.co.uk/fixtures/ - the stats/riding order was uploaded weeks ago :) (you need to scroll down a bit)

The line ups are in my opening post at the top of this page....

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

The line ups are in my opening post at the top of this page....

I know - just pointing out to a message above that they've also been on the website for weeks :)

• Like 1

With 2 opposition reserves weaker than any other Championship reserve, Diamonds will hope Congreve can score well.

Weather forecast looking OK for Sunday's opening meeting.

Be giving it a miss unfortunately due to my daughter's wedding  later today & it'll be a case of looking after our amazing granddaughter on Sunday as she's still a bit young yet for the speedway so I'll be watching the updates as well as watching Newcastle hopefully getting a result against spurs on the TV

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 1

Although I believe the Diamonds will lose this meeting, I am greatly looking forward to getting back to the speedway :) It's all a bit of fun tonight for some valuable track time for the lads, really hope the new riders can get to grips with the track this season. Fingers crossed. Does anyone have any information on any extra races that will be on tonight beyond the 15 heats against the Stoke side, thank you

We're Newcastle riding better than the select team or was it a typical challenge match to keep scores close ?

42 minutes ago, highside said:

We're Newcastle riding better than the select team or was it a typical challenge match to keep scores close ?

Max, Matty, James and Paul were all very solid, great rides from the four of them, impressed and they should be good for the season (at home anyway)

Lee, he's been out of the saddle for about a decade but tbh didn't look too bad tonight, once the rust wears off and he sorts out whatever mechanical problems he seemed to be having tonight, he won't be a bad reserve, looked quite spectacular too on occasions, but I don't think the outside line has worked at Brough for many years now...

George, has a long way to come to be any decent, however he showed slight improvement in his third and fourth ride compared to his first two (looked a little slower, but less wild), don't think he's going to be the big hitting reserve I dreamt he would be, but give him a couple months, he should be there or there abouts an ok number 7 at home, not too concerned

Bradley, the less said the better about tonight, didn't look like he was comfortable for a single second and appeared to give up when left miles behind, he could only just about keep Connor Coles behind him at one point. Yes, it's his first season back after a couple off, and he's bound to be rusty too, I never expected him to be a good out and out number 1, but he better be improving on the performance he showed tonight, or else it's going to be pretty embarrassing for him this season.

Again, we have a team with absolutely zero top end strength and you could feel the atmosphere in the stadium was duller than ever tonight, I heard a few people complaining as they were leaving the stadium that they wouldn't be back next week, and the crowd was already tiny this week, Christ knows what's it's going to be later on in the year... I don't want to know