British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague play- off Final 2nd leg Sunday 25th September Live on TV

6 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Fantastic food cooked by the promotion at a cheap price 

Good value food....?

Entertaining  Speedway...?

Varied different concepts to maintain interest....?

Lots of focus on the "whole day customer experience" and not just the racing, with lots of it aimed at kids..?

And a reasonable price point to encourage people to either go regularly or to "give it a try" without breaking the bank, and make it more affordable for families?

That will never catch on in UK Speedway will it?  :D

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Good value food....?

Lots of focus on the "whole day customer experience" and not just the racing, with lots of it aimed at kids..?

And a reasonable price point to encourage people to either go regularly or to "give it a try" without breaking the bank, and make it more affordable for families?

In a very clean and tidy stadium , for me the thing restricting the crowds even more is the ferry crossing but as complicated as the ferry sounds it’s not difficult to leave your car in Portsmouth and go on foot getting a taxi to track on the Isle, the taxi company is located in the pits, traveling on the ferry with the riders, they have speedway bikes in front of the stand for kids to sit on during the meeting 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Bigger crowds than they got for league speedway, totally geared towards the fans experience, 25+ races per meeting for £12 and I’m pretty sure the British upright meeting was 16 speedway bikes as was the 3 team tournament last week featuring national league riders ,you call it gimmicks I call it entertainment  

Ha they had a good NL set up then took the huff. The standard of the NL has gone up in the last two years and IOW are left with grasstrack bikes, flattracks and the odd NL rider who cant  get a team place. Is that really entertainment? Thats why they have to rely on gimmicks.

3 minutes ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

Can we please put this thread back on topic. It is meant to be the Polish Play-offs.

Nothing to talk about yet they don’t start till 5pm 

Teams confirmed in Torun

Torun v Gorzow

Torun

9 Przedpelski

10 Dudek

11 J Holder

12 RR(ZZ)

13 Lambert

14 Zielinski

15 Lewandowski

16 Affelt

Gorzow

1 Wozniak

2 Jasinski

3 Zmarzlik

4 RR(ZZ)

5 P Hansen

6 Bartkowiak

7 Hurysz

I find it disrespectful to the fans  for riders to announce they are leaving teams or joining another team before the season finished, I understand the polish press don’t help the situation but show some respect to the fans  

• Like 1

not looking good for gorzow, + the way Woznick rode last night.

im thinking of going over to see a couple of play of meetings , fly over anyone know how easy it is to get about and get digs ect.

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Good value food....?

I hope they're version of a meeting doesn't catch on. Even the meeting reports in the Speedway Star mention the vast differnce in the atandard of riders.

I did laugh at the latest promotion gimmick in the Speedway Star. The promotion wasn't going to charge punters for picking brambles growing on bushes in the ground. Might have been more entertaining than the racing i suppose.

Is it 7 rides Zmarzlik can have today?