British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Trees said:

It's down to the fans to support/want it, if we don't, yes it will be scrapped.... .

But it has been such a well-kept secret!

6 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

But it has been such a well-kept secret!

Can't argue with that! Belle Vue aside, the PR and hype from the league has been dreadful for the pairs. Lineups and previews often not published until the day before at the earliest as they would for a normal league meeting! 

A real shame as both myself and a casual speedway fan I took along to the Wolves round really enjoyed it and found it a great format, that moved along at a pace and kept the interest throughout.

Hope the BSPL make a proper go of it as a series next season, get away from this mentality of 'it's just a filler fixture for each club to give to their fans to make up the season ticket numbers'. I don't think they will, but would like them to prove me wrong!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

image.png.565a6ec2e5ce619660789fe7f3a55b9e.png

Postponed tomorrow, best early decision made, forecast looks rubbish.

Getting to be a habit now.

Yes it is and as we all know, the weather can change for the better or worse at any point and no forecast is always accurate.  The site I use predicts an inch of rain, due to stop at 6pm and be dry thereafter.

On 9/11/2022 at 12:05 PM, ellioth4 said:

image.png.565a6ec2e5ce619660789fe7f3a55b9e.png

Postponed tomorrow, best early decision made, forecast looks rubbish.

43 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Getting to be a habit now.

Think this is pretty genuine  - the forecast is horrific

However also convenient as at least 3 pairs could've been affected by rearranged Polish play off.....

Just seen on BSPA fixture list, Sheffield round of the Premiership Pairs has been rearranged for Monday 24th October.

They've not left themselves with many options should either or both of these get postponed for the any number of reasons meetings get called these days

Are they going to be allowed to use Lambert in this competition?

17 minutes ago, Badge said:

Are they going to be allowed to use Lambert in this competition?

Had to be in the line up for the previous month declaration was mentioned before

I'm sure if he wants to and Belle Vue want to it will happen though.......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Had to be in the line up for the previous month declaration was mentioned before

I'm sure if he wants to and Belle Vue want to it will happen though.......

Was going to say the same you beat me to it. Stuff the rules, “we want to see the best riders” is the trendy saying these days isn’t it? So bugger it, Chuck him in why not!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Was going to say the same you beat me to it. Stuff the rules, “we want to see the best riders” is the trendy saying these days isn’t it? So bugger it, Chuck him in why not!

put's backsides on seats  :t: he might as well get used to the track for next season :party:

Edited by GAH

Unfortunately not…..

016.1 PREMIERSHIP PAIRS 016.1.1 QualifyingCriteria

2 riders from the top 4 by MA from the green sheets of the month prior to the event will determine the Pair for each Team, with the Rising Star being the reserve.

We were wrongly stopped from signing Robert in September by the dodgy old boy’s network. Someone from outside the sport got involved and put a stop to this continual nonsense and eventually the rules were followed. 

Against the grain I know but I wouldn’t mind more outside influence on the BSPL’s corrupt admin however much it upsets BSPL/BSF. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Unfortunately not…..

2 riders from the top 4 by MA from the green sheets of the month prior to the event will determine the Pair for each Team, with the Rising Star being the reserve.

We were wrongly stopped from signing Robert in September by the dodgy old boy’s network. Someone from outside the sport got involved and put a stop to this continual nonsense and eventually the rules were followed. 

Against the grain I know but I wouldn’t mind more outside influence on the BSPL’s corrupt admin however much it upsets BSPL/BSF. 

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Unfortunately not…..

think you will find the prem pairs rules have been broken numerous times along with many other rules in speedway 

Are these last two meetings going ahead. Free dates seem thin on ground after play offs, League cup final and outstanding stars v aces league match.

November anyone ?

Be a real shame, had enjoyed this competition thus far

• Like 1