British Speedway Forum

28 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

No doubt, just think it's best for the TM to rest him, make sure he's gonna be fit for the rest of the season, especially play-offs.

Masters would probably pick up some sort of ban if he missed this evening having missed Saturday at Leicester but rode in Poland yesterday scoring 4 points.?

21 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

..oh and Ipswich! :D

Yes with the expected Hawkins masterstroke of pairing Doyle with Batchelor rather than King??!!:blink::blink:

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes with the expected Hawkins masterstroke of pairing Doyle with Batchelor rather than King??!!:blink::blink:

Met office says 34 degrees at 8pm in Wolverhampton, makes sense to use Aussies, they are used to it. Also only 1 degree lower than at 7pm. So delaying the start isn't going to make that much difference!!

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Masters would probably pick up some sort of ban if he missed this evening having missed Saturday at Leicester but rode in Poland yesterday scoring 4 points.?

Why? If you can pick any of top 4 riders? They don't have to pick him even if he is 100% fit. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

According to Adams he may require an operation that would rule him out for 6 weeks so he's going to ride on and see how painful it is as he's trying to avoid the op for now. It's entirely possible his season could be over soon if he can't manage 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, noaksey said:

According to Adams he may require an operation that would rule him out for 6 weeks so he's going to ride on and see how painful it is as he's trying to avoid the op for now. It's entirely possible his season could be over soon if he can't manage 

One of my fave ex Poole riders. Hope it's not too painful for him. 

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Met office says 34 degrees at 8pm in Wolverhampton, makes sense to use Aussies, they are used to it. Also only 1 degree lower than at 7pm. So delaying the start isn't going to make that much difference!!

It does for the stadium, more beer sales !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

It does for the stadium, more beer sales !

I assume it's Banks's?

Would have thought Howarth rather than Holder.  Surprised Belle Vue not using Wright, he scored 16 at Monmore earlier in the year.  Wolves using Aussies?  They do have three of them, can't imagine the heat would bother Becker being from California and from my casual viewing of scores seems to the the Wolf in the best form currently.
Batchelors best performances for Sheffield last year were at Monmore.

17 minutes ago, Col said:

I assume it's Banks's?

I don't think it is actually.

1 hour ago, Col said:

I assume it's Banks's?

Used to be Carling and Stella on draught,not sure what it is now.                 Won't be Banks's more likely Marstons.

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not at all, the TM can pick any rider from his top 4. If it was me I would never have picked Masters!

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Why? If you can pick any of top 4 riders? They don't have to pick him even if he is 100% fit. 

Even if Wolves aren't worried about Masters aggravating his injury, there's also a decision to make is a half fit Masters better than a fully fit Worrall for example?

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, Col said:

Would have thought Howarth rather than Holder.  Surprised Belle Vue not using Wright, he scored 16 at Monmore earlier in the year.  Wolves using Aussies?  They do have three of them, can't imagine the heat would bother Becker being from California and from my casual viewing of scores seems to the the Wolf in the best form currently.
Batchelors best performances for Sheffield last year were at Monmore.

Becker is 5th in the Wolves averages so couldn't be picked!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Even if Wolves aren't worried about Masters aggravating his injury, there's also a decision to make is a half fit Masters better than a fully fit Worrall for example?

Depends if Steve can handle the heat? ;) Could have always done Morris and Douglas.