British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Leicester vs Glasgow 23/04 7pm

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

I don’t get what’s in it for Glasgow to consider moving to the Premiership though? Smaller league, more costs, no local matches… what am I missing?

No draws..;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

I don’t get what’s in it for Glasgow to consider moving to the Premiership though? Smaller league, more costs, no local matches… what am I missing?

Don't know the answer, nor do I know they definitely want to move up. Just seemed implied on BSN that if we win league would consider moving up. And when you're hoovering up assets like Brennan and basso makes you think something to it

7 minutes ago, tiger tiger said:

If the leader had started lap 3 when the race is stopped it can be awarded no matter where incident happened.  The ref could have awarded it but chose not to 

It was bend 3, on the 2nd lap.

5 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Yes but when was red light put on? If ref assumed bailey at fault then will probably have let race continue until Tom passed the tapes, seen that type of situation awarded hundreds of times. Wouldn't change result, just seemed odd reading it last night

12 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Tom had started lap 3 so the ref could have awarded it - she chose not to!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tiger tiger said:

Tom had started lap 3 so the ref could have awarded it - she chose not to!

If Brennan had started lap 3 then fine, 

I know he was leading but I can't see him being that far in front at the time of the incident,  he could of crossed the line before the red light came on, I will give you that.

Does anyone know the rules,  if a rider falls there is normally a slight delay before the red lights are put on.

So my question is. 

Is it stopped only when red light is shown, or does the referee have the decision to make where the riders were when the incident actually happened? Having delayed putting the red light on to see if the fallen rider can clear the track.

45 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Does anyone know the rules,  if a rider falls there is normally a slight delay before the red lights are put on.

So my question is. 

Is it stopped only when red light is shown, or does the referee have the decision to make where the riders were when the incident actually happened? Having delayed putting the red light on to see if the fallen rider can clear the track.

As I understand it's from when referee stops the race i.e. when red light goes on. Not having been there I don't know if she put red light on immediately or as seems more likely waited to see if Connor got up and when he didn't then put red light on.

• Like 1

Seems to be a grey area then, red light straight on,race stopped where riders are or let it run to see if rider clears, the delay could take a leader into another lap, tough one to call I would say. Without knowing the rule.

1 hour ago, BTFC LION said:

So my question is. 

A race is going until such point as it is stopped (as in, when the red lights go on).

The referee decides upon their decision at that time. As a general rule, if there is an incident involving two riders, if the fallen rider is at fault, the ref will let the race continue and give him a chance to clear the track. If he fails to do so, then the red lights will come on. In the interim, the lead may well have changed hands. That's racing, and hats off to whoever finished first.

On the other hand, should the referee feel the fallen rider has been knocked off, the red lights should come on immediately and the offender excluded.

All of the above gets confusing slightly in that, if the incident takes place on lap 2, the ref can make a decision but delay pressing the red lights until the leading rider crosses the line into lap 3. They can then exclude the rider deemed to be the cause of the stoppage and award the race. This is probably more likely to happen in the event of a 5-1. I also think I'm right in saying lap 3 awardings are quite rare. Could be wrong on that though, as I don't keep those types of stats!

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Footage of H14 is on twitter if anyone is interested :t:

You got a link?