British Speedway Forum
lbw

Plymouth vs Poole (League) 3rd May

30 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well at least with the new May averages Plymouth won't be able to use any of Pirates top 3 anymore - at least for a month, possibly longer!!;)

Yes, see they will all be on 9 point averages from May! King being on 9.73!!!

I've heard the ref uses a thumbs up thumbs down approach when it comes to deciding executions, whoops I mean exclusions, at the Coliseum!

:rofl:

Edited by Turnip

Lions are still being used as the burger meat with a Caeser salad!.....maybe it's best to stay away from the sausages!

:rofl:

Edited by Turnip

Is Tony Robinson the timekeeper at the Coliseum coz he's part of Time Team? :D

Edited by Turnip

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, see they will all be on 9 point averages from May! King being on 9.73!!!

Plenty of season left for them to all manipulate them back down. Would obviously be a benefit to the sport if they all stayed high and forced a spread of the better riders across the league BUT that won't happen and all will be available again next year around the 8 point mark

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Plenty of season left for them to all manipulate them back down. Would obviously be a benefit to the sport if they all stayed high and forced a spread of the better riders across the league BUT that won't happen and all will be available again next year around the 8 point mark

i do agree riders should be spread out more evenly .i dont like the idea of going to poole each week with a big home win .not the speedway i want to see .lots of poole supporters love it not me though just my opinion of course :t:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ray c said:

i do agree riders should be spread out more evenly .i dont like the idea of going to poole each week with a big home win .not the speedway i want to see .lots of poole supporters love it not me though just my opinion of course :t:

Can we swap Claus Vissing for Danny king please ? :D

Back on topic, can't really make a prediction until we know whose guesting for Kennett?

Wouldnt  'Bomber' be the obvious choice?

If so, I think Plymouth can win 48-42

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Agree, as well as supporting & travelling all over to watch  Poole I also go to Leicester most weeks. 

Better to watch both at away meetings if u can get, seen Poole at Leicester & Oxford so far, both were very entertaining.

The spread of heat leaders would also help club's like Newcastle & Birmingham who are on the end of most of the tonkings! 

There av been rules before where a team cud only av 2 riders over 8.50 or wotever the average was. If a club hasn't got the finance for a heat leader like Danny King then the BSPA should help finance the deal, it's their product as well which is on show.

Never liked watching at Sheffield coz they used to batter teams! 

My first visit to the Pirate Ship should be against Berwick in May, Bomber likes Wimborne Road.

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Can we swap Claus Vissing for Danny king please ? :D

Back on topic, can't really make a prediction until we know whose guesting for Kennett?

Wouldnt  'Bomber' be the obvious choice?

If so, I think Plymouth can win 48-42

I'm gonna go with....

NO!! :P

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Tbh though Steve and Danny were only just under 9 at the start of this season because of the British 2.5% reduction. 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I've said this a fair few times but they could have put it in the rules to only have two 8 point plus riders. 

Not only big home wins at Poole, Ray. A lot of teams are built to win at home this season like Leicester and Berwick. Something Redcar want as well according to the podcast but everyone likes their track! Going to be more difficult than ever to get away wins this season. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

I've said this a fair few times but they could have put it in the rules to only have two 8 point plus riders. 

Not only big home wins at Poole, Ray. A lot of teams are built to win at home this season like Leicester and Berwick. Something Redcar want as well according to the podcast but everyone likes their track! Going to be more difficult than ever to get away wins this season. 

Oxford won at Newcastle.........oh yeah ermmmm Newcastle kinda overlooked that for a mo :rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That just show's that the rich get richer and poor get poorer no good for speedway as a whole ,still if it's true it that speedway may not run at Poole next season it won't affect us 

Edited by ray c
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ray c said:

That just show's that the rich get richer and poor get poorer no good for speedway as a whole ,still if it's true it that speedway may not run at Poole next season it won't affect us 

Were has it said Poole might not run next season 

22 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Were has it said Poole might not run next season 

if a rent agreement cant be reached .who knows  what will happen :t: anyway back to the thread this looks it could be a very close meeting 

Edited by ray c