British Speedway Forum
lbw

Plymouth vs Poole (League) 3rd May

Looking forward to my 1st visit to the Coliseum & spending a few days in Plymouth.

With the Gladiators not being able to use Lawson because he's riding for his own team on this occasion :D, and with Zach Cook well versed in the set up for the track the Pirates look well set up to repeat the Cup win.

I guess Toft will be.back? Barker, Andersen & Gilkes will be a threat. Barker & Gilkes I doubt will able to live up to their recent heroic's tho & unlike the Lion we won't be sleeping tonight!

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:Pirates to Win 47-43 :t:

#piratepride

Edited by Turnip

Gonna be hard to win there again! I'd be happy for them to get to 42 points. Although info from Richard Lawson about recent set ups could be vital ;):P

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Gonna be hard to win there again! I'd be happy for them to get to 42 points. Although info from Richard Lawson about recent set ups could be vital ;):P

A up Lisa :t:

This Turnip as seen the Coli-flower cheese (the track! :lol:), it's a tad on the turn! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

Any news on the Kennett guest or will Plymouth go with r/r now that MPT is back?

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Any news on the Kennett guest or will Plymouth go with r/r now that MPT is back?

That's a good question :t:

MPT  is back then but I dunno about Kennett r/r or guest. Probably r/r.

Edited by Turnip

6 minutes ago, Turnip said:

That's a good question :t:

MPT  is back then but I dunno about Kennett r/r or guest. Probably r/r.

Guest to be announced in due course. 

• Thanks 1

New averages mean new choice of guests. Ryan Douglas scorecard looked very useful last Tuesday and I believe Scott Nicholls is a possible. If Henry has jacked it in as was rumoured around Exeter last night it could mean a guest appearance for Jason Edwards. Probably totally off beam but we’ll see.

Great performance from Gilks last night saved Oxford from certain defeat.

Personally think Plymouth can use r/r if PT back as Gilks and Bowtell showing good form at home.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

New averages mean new choice of guests. Ryan Douglas scorecard looked very useful last Tuesday and I believe Scott Nicholls is a possible. If Henry has jacked it in as was rumoured around Exeter last night it could mean a guest appearance for Jason Edwards. Probably totally off beam but we’ll see.

Hope Atkins hasn't packed'up as per the rumour :(

Thought Atkins was at the start of his career. Surprising to hear this.

1 hour ago, GWC said:

Great performance from Gilks last night saved Oxford from certain defeat.

Personally think Plymouth can use r/r if PT back as Gilks and Bowtell showing good form at home.

Probably better to use a guest if good one available, as if the run with r/r and someone gets injured during the meeting, then you're pretty screwed as Poole found out at Birmingham last year.

Not sure it will be a similar result to a few weeks ago. Eddie Kennett wasn’t any good and luck did go our way in heat 14 with Gilkes exclusion for tapes infringement.

Think a point is on the cards but to win we need to come out guns blazing from the start not give an inch. Looking forward to coming down though. 

Can we Pay on the gate or advanced tickets?

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not sure it will be a similar result to a few weeks ago. Eddie Kennett wasn’t any good and luck did go our way in heat 14 with Gilkes exclusion for tapes infringement.

Think a point is on the cards but to win we need to come out guns blazing from the start not give an inch. Looking forward to coming down though. 

Can we Pay on the gate or advanced tickets?

You can pay on the gate but I've bought a standing ticket online :t:......we'll make the Gladiators pay at the gate as well ! :rofl:

Steve, heat 14 5-1 at Cowley :D 

Can't see Gilkes getting 16pts again, but then if the dust is like it was at Cowley I won't be seeing anything again!  :lol:

Edited by Turnip
  • Haha 1

PLEASE NOTE:

If you pay on the gate you will need to use Roman coins with Emperor May on them.

Tickets can be purchased using a stone tablet.

This Contender is ready!  :t:

:D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Probably better to use a guest if good one available, as if the run with r/r and someone gets injured during the meeting, then you're pretty screwed as Poole found out at Birmingham last year.

Well at least with the new May averages Plymouth won't be able to use any of Pirates top 3 anymore - at least for a month, possibly longer!!;)