British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Berwick SGB Championship 1 May 4pm

9 hours ago, soupy said:

Could go either way tonight but will stick for a home win but not much in it.

Hope both riders recover quickly.If Ty had not been injured I think Berwick might off won the match  but you can only beat what is in front of you.A few strange decisions by both team managers in some of the heats and putting Wells in ts  backfired.

My view from a very neutral  outsider from comets land , diamonds were lucky to win, if bandits did not have proctor injured they would of won, but not a bad meeting but I don't  like (b)rough park as a track, but staying over in the toon so be rude not to take some speedway  in, but going forward unless the diamonds can get a better reserve  that cosgrave its gonna be a long season, I guess bwd  won't  return  so guests all season maybe  a better option 

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Both teams started with 7 riders and ended with 6... Well done!

And we won fairly comfortably in the end, brilliant meeting with a last heat decider, would ask for that every week... Probably the 9 last places for Berwick and the 8 wins for Newcastle is what sealed it :D More passing tonight than there is in an entire season at Berwick... And yes, I did go there fairly regularly (until this year) Both tracks at Newcastle and Berwick are awful, let's face it... I just wanna see proper riders throwing their bikes around week in week out... Like James Wright, Paul Starke, Max Clegg, Chris Harris. Brilliant rides by some of those tonight

Yes, there was a bump tonight, that appears to have developed since they put the extra 20 tonnes of shale onto the track last week... I'm sure it will be smoothed out and it will be back to being (slightly less) bumpy than it was tonight :D

Honestly I thought George looked a lot better tonight than he did in previous weeks, on the pace and riding hard, just a shame he was involved in 2 nasty racing incidents (nothing worth shouting about under your helmet... ey?) :sad: Hope his head ain't too sore in the morning...

Other than Bomber and Ricky, Berwick were pretty rubbish imo... Kyle and Theo had 1 good race each, could say Berwick were actually a 2 man team tonight :rolleyes: Haha

Let’s not be pedantic eh! We were operating RR after losing our 3rd heat leader last night… we lost our higher point scoring reserve… You had Congreve have 2 rides and score nowt when, if you look on past form, you could also put him in for that 3rd duck egg too… aye, we named a no.8.. but we clearly wouldn’t have used Luke had Ty not been injured! 
Winning comfortably was the 18 points we won by last night… not the 5 you won by tonight… a 5-1 to us in Heat 15 and we’d have won so don’t understand you’re logic there! 
And you clearly ain’t been to any meeting at Berwick this season… more passing at Brough there tonight than in a season at ours… aye okay!! every meeting this year has had more than a few talking points because of the action on track! I love seeing born proper racers too.. we’re blessed to have Bomber & Leon especially… 

Lee Complin was a shadow of the rider he was last night… doesn’t that alone say anything?!?! 

9 minutes ago, soupy said:

A few strange decisions by both team managers in some of the heats and putting Wells in ts  backfired.

Who would you of put in ? Harris was already in the race, Heat 12 Berwick got a 5-1, Heat 13 it was Harris and Wells programmed and Heat 14 Berwick were only 3 points down so couldn’t of used a T/S anyway 

Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, soupy said:

Hope both riders recover quickly.If Ty had not been injured I think Berwick might off won the match  but you can only beat what is in front of you.A few strange decisions by both team managers in some of the heats and putting Wells in ts  backfired.

TBH.. I thought he got it spot at the time.. that exactly where I’d have played it the minute we went 7 down! 

• Like 1

what's up with BWD?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Who would you of put in ? Harris was already in the race, Heat 12 Berwick got a 5-1, Heat 13 it was Harris and Wells programmed and Heat 14 Berwick were only 3 points down so couldn’t of used a T/S anyway 

Yes but who expected Berwick to get 5-1 in heat 12 as I would of put Harris in heat 12 on TS

Edited by soupy

3 minutes ago, soupy said:

Yes but who expected Berwick to get 5-1 in heat 12 as I would of put Harris in heat 12 on TR

But if Etheridge had of finished 2nd or 3rd in Heat 11 Berwick wouldn’t of been able to use a T/S 

1 minute ago, KEITH M said:

But if Etheridge had of finished 2nd or 3rd in Heat 11 Berwick wouldn’t of been able to use a T/S 

Yep that big word if again lol Yep hindsight is wonderful thing but thought bomber would of got 3 points where wells did not but nothing is guaranteed in speedway.

10 minutes ago, soupy said:

Yep that big word if again lol Yep hindsight is wonderful thing but thought bomber would of got 3 points where wells did not but nothing is guaranteed in speedway.

But in hindsight they got it right as heats 11 and 12 were 9-3 in favour of Berwick whilst a 3-3 which you were hoping for in heat 11,would of only made it 8-4 to Berwick even with a 5-1 tac sub success if they had of used Bomber in heat 12 

11 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

But in hindsight they got it right as heats 11 and 12 were 9-3 in favour of Berwick whilst a 3-3 which you were hoping for in heat 11,would of only made it 8-4 to Berwick even with a 5-1 tac sub success if they had of used Bomber in heat 12 

Yep got it right but no one would of predicted a Berwick 1-5 in that heat.

If anyone has the race times please, the Speedway Updates team needs them to complete the record of the match. Thanks.

4 hours ago, HectorRacing said:

Will george be out next sunday? Who could we get in for him? Jack thomas? 

also whos our next guest? 

Blimey! The dust has hardly settled on this match.

If you want to check on possible guest options, the current Green Sheets are available on the BSPA's web page.

Edited by Roger Jacobs

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Hardly a fluke when our riders outscored your riders :D

Well done to Newcastle on the win.

Hope the injured riders are ok.

Wouldn't say our riders though when the guest scored twice the points in 1 match than the rider he was replacing scored in three. Hopefully Newcastle can get that situation sorted out and have a good season.

• Like 1

What a shambles of a day that was. Burger van ridiculously expensive for the poor stuff you were given, 1 ambulance to save Granty some money and mug the fans off, Congreve having delayed concussion just in time for when Newcastle were struggling and couldn’t afford a last place. Track is an absolute disgrace and not a single rider looked comfortable on it. The Berwick juniors refused to ride on it because of how poorly prepared it was, on the advice of the senior riders, lucky if there was about 400 Newcastle fans there as well, saw more Berwick merch than Newcastle 

• Like 2