British Speedway Forum
gillam

The story of the 1st GP ?

Guest PorkyFenman

Top class speedway .

Perhaps you should take off your biased specs and view it as a neutral rather than a Rickardsson hater.

i am a neutral, just like you Steve.

oh, and those specs... seem to be a lot of people borrowed them tonight

Guest Shnikies

I'm sure most people would agree that there is no such thing as a neutral in speedway! :)

You of all people should know that Stephen! B)

But for the record, I am in no way a Trick hater. Just felt that he was extremly lucky (as do many others on here tonight it seems) and that Tony Steele was appalling tonight.

What was your opinion on the tapes malarkey Steve? Just as a matter of interest.

But yes it was a good GP. We do finally agree on something! :)

Enjoyed the GP tonight and would give it 8/10.

Nicki Pedersen gets 10/10 for artistic impression for his spitting and nose blowing, using one finger on each nostril. Very clever as there must be an art to doing this and presumably he has to make sure the wind is blowing in the right direction. :neutral: I live in hope there might be a sudden change one night.

Not sure what to make of Tony Steeles decisions as I felt Trick was lucky to be allowed in the re-runs, but at least it meant we saw four man races so it wasn't an anti-climax, which sometimes happens when a top rider is excluded.

Well done to Leigh Adams.

What was your opinion on the tapes malarkey Steve? Just as a matter of interest.

I thought the problem should have been pointed out to the ref straight away. The refs box is directly in line with the tapes so he couldn't see it from where he is. An official should have notified Tony Steele, and a small delay would have recified the problem straight away.

Only when the meeting got to the final stages was something done, but the riders knew of the problem much earlier in the meeting when you could see them looking over to the outside when waiting for the tapes to rise. Shame none of them called the ref.

Nice touch from Jason Crump to point out to Tomasz Gollob with less than 60 seconds left on the clock that his front mudguard was broken. Since when was he a member of the Dark Warriors pit crew. Or was he just trying to get Gollob to ride his less favoured machine and thereby trying to favour himself....

Nicki Pedersen gets 10/10 for artistic impression for his spitting and nose blowing, using one finger on each nostril. Very clever as there must be an art to doing this and presumably he has to make sure the wind is blowing in the right direction. 

I think we think alike Gem :)

Nicki's nasal activities did not go unnoticed,

neither did his wiping the sweat of his armpits and immediately using the same object over his face and head :blink: yuk.

IMHO Steele made life hard for himself ! 1st Rickardsson should have been excluded in heat 20 as i felt he caused the stoppage. He by the way still had another chance in an eliminator :wink:

In the Semi I felt it was more 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other but as Rickardson got away with it previously then it looked worse :neutral:

I do feel however if either of these incidents would have happend in an Elite league fixture, then an exclusion would have occured on both occasions :P and not necessarily Tony!

neither did his wiping the sweat of his armpits and immediately using the same object over his face and head  :blink:  yuk.

Good job he had a tight zip on his kevlars :shock::wink:

Edited by Custom House Kid

neither did his wiping the sweat of his armpits and immediately using the same object over his face and head  yuk.

We Gemini women notice things like that Addy. ;)

I dread to think what Nicki must be like with his personal habits if that's what he does when he knows the cameras are there.

I remember him doing a similar thing with a dirty piece of cloth in one of the G.P's last season as well. :shock:

Edited by Gemini

Guest richtea78

My mum pointed it out as well. Its a wonder his hair isnt green :D

T.Rick was very lucky tonight about those re-runs... In my opinion he should not have been allowed to run again after causing Gollob's fall, but oh well.. I'm happy that Tomasz was not excluded because looking back at refs' decisions from last years everything seemed to be possible (some of them just don't like Gollob). I've wondered what ref's decision would have been, if it had looked a bit differently - Gollob causing Rickardsson's fall. I'm pretty sure that Gollob would have been excluded in that case... but nevermind.

I'm very proud of Tomasz that after problems in his first heats he managed to setup the second bike properly and then win next three heats. In the final he was fighting with Rickardsson but also with his painful hand...

And of course congratulations to Leigh Adams and Jason Crump. Good job kangaroos! :rolleyes:

Edited by Mateusz

I enjoyed the G Prix. They really are entertaining. Loram looked good. Lee Richardson did well. Tricky no longer looks the best man although still on a par with the best.

The usual mystifying decisions by ref Tony Steele. How can the guy continue to get most decisions wrong when he first watches the Sky replays?

The worst decision of the lot was to put Crump back in HT10 after he just slide off by himself on the inside in HT10. The red lights didn't come on for half a lap and then Mr Steele watched the TV Replays with us before making a decision that only his mother could defend. Millard's explanation that Steele bottled it seems the only credible one particularly as he also chose not to exclude Tricky in HT 20.

Kelvin did a good job as commentator whereas Sam and Chris Louis seemed aware that Mr Steele will referee future meetings of theirs!

With Leigh winning under pressure we could be in for an excellent G Prix season with three four riders challenging each other throughout the year.

Roll on the next Grand Prix.

Strange how different people view it. I thought Steele had a top notch meeting as ref and deserved his place as worlds number one referee. I didn't think there were any really tough decisions though. He called it the same as the guests in the studio, so nothing controversial.

If you thought Trick should have been excluded for some reason or another that's your perogative. I Just thank god you are not a ref!

Perhaps you should take off your biased specs and view it as a neutral rather than a Rickardsson hater.

All in all a good GP. Well done to Adams for the win. As for Sullivan, god help us please. throwup.gif

Are you p****d!

I don't think one person on here has agreed with you, as with 99.9% of your postings. TR was a very lucky guy tonight and he will be the first to admit it.

When will you start supporting speedway as a whole, instead of just Poole. As a football referee I have to block out all biased decisions and lay down the Laws of the game as seen, could you do that Mr Shovlar. With your track record of looking at one team only, I don't think so.

I originally started this thread under the heading that Rickardsson should have been out twice, but looking again at the reply it should have been 3 times. he pulled up in front of Crump on the 2nd bend causing Crump to lay it down. Crump knew he had a EF and remounted only for the referee to stop the race. Why? No one made contact.

Tony Steele had a mare and was swayed by the TV and upset he would cause, in other words Bottled It.

If he is the best ref in the world of speedway, then the standards of sport is not very creditable.

If you thought Trick should have been excluded for some reason or another that's your perogative. I Just thank god you are not a ref!

All in all a good GP. Well done to Adams for the win. As for Sullivan, god help us please. throwup.gif

Are you p****d!

I don't think one person on here has agreed with you, as with 99.9% of your postings. TR was a very lucky guy tonight and he will be the first to admit it.

When will you start supporting speedway as a whole, instead of just Poole. As a football referee I have to block out all biased decisions and lay down the Laws of the game as seen, could you do that Mr Shovlar. With your track record of looking at one team only, I don't think so.

I originally started this thread under the heading that Rickardsson should have been out twice, but looking again at the reply it should have been 3 times. he pulled up in front of Crump on the 2nd bend causing Crump to lay it down. Crump knew he had a EF and remounted only for the referee to stop the race. Why? No one made contact.

Tony Steele had a mare and was swayed by the TV and upset he would cause, in other words Bottled It.

If he is the best ref in the world of speedway, then the standards of sport is not very creditable.

What utter crap you are spouting.

In the first incident Crump should have been excluded, of that there is no doubt. he fell on his own and I was suprised when the ref didnt chuck the guy out.

Of the second incident, TRick was already in front of Gollob. Again the ref got it right. But I am not the only one to think this. The studio guests said the same, and they are speedway professionals!

We don't see eye to eye at all Meth Head. I remember you slagging me off a month or three ago.

Support speedway as a whole? I do of course, as long as it favours me to do so.

Of course Sullivan rides for Poole now but was I supporting him? Was I hell!

And as for being drunk, I am virtually tea total. You stick to the meths.

Edited by Steve Shovlar