British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunthorpe 28/05/22 KoC QF 1st Leg

57 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Yeah i don't know what's happened to Rowe, he started off like a house on fire with the Witches last season then tailed off badly, mind you he had his injure problems along the way, has he a bit off an attitude problem haps and thinks he's better then he is coz wasn't it him who was kicked out or left out of the young British lads training camp get together last year coz of an issue between him and Drew Kemp.

Correct

Rowe hates the track and doesn't even make an attempt to attack it. If he doesn't gate he's last simple. He can do one. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iainb said:

I disagree

So why did they get a motorway blade there in the week after the meeting. Did you not see all of the riders bouncing going into bend 1

9 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Rowe hates the track and doesn't even make an attempt to attack it. If he doesn't gate he's last simple. He can do one. 

The Lions riders dont ride the kerb but Anders insists on riding a tight line which doesn't get him anywhere.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Judging by body language on the track walk & appeared lack of effort on track I don’t think he wants to race British Speedway. I think he is happy living in Poland racing for Gorzow . Which he has done since being “ ill” 

Dropped by Ipswich & Leicester tried to replace him but had no success .  He won’t be around for much longer.

I think the Leicester faithful just feel a bit let down by Anders behaviour. He was cast as the "next great thing" and people are right, he looks like he couldn't care less. If he doesn't want to ride for Leicester, be it because of his Polish connections, or because they ride on Saturday, please, just be honest.

Having just read the GP thread, Anders perhaps needs to consider the future a bit more. Serving his time on a variety of British circuits might just stand him in good stead in time.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nassa10 said:

So why did they get a motorway blade there in the week after the meeting. Did you not see all of the riders bouncing going into bend 1

Yeah, there were problems with the Leicester track earlier in the season. And the week directly after the blade was brought in, there were problems with large lumps of clay being thrown at the riders who didn't gate. But, fair play, to Leicester, because that was the best racing I've seen at the track last night, so that work with the blade, after they got Andy Meredith in, has ultimately paid off.  Personally, I'm now much more likely to pop along later in the season when I've got a spare Saturday or two.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nassa10 said:

I really don't know why they did that after the Redcar meeting, yes the track was bumpy but the racing was excellent perhaps the fact that your Bears took a pumping has clouded your judgement?

2 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Yeah, there were problems with the Leicester track earlier in the season. And the week directly after the blade was brought in, there were problems with large lumps of clay being thrown at the riders who didn't gate. But, fair play, to Leicester, because that was the best racing I've seen at the track last night, so that work with the blade, after they got Andy Meredith in, has ultimately paid off.  Personally, I'm now much more likely to pop along later in the season when I've got a spare Saturday or two.

I agree entirely, good meeting last night 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I really don't know why they did that after the Redcar meeting, yes the track was bumpy but the racing was excellent perhaps the fact that your Bears took a pumping has clouded your judgement?

Excellent? It was FTG 9/10, better team won but god awful spectacle, both sets of riders weren’t best pleased with the surface on that night 

3 minutes ago, Nassa10 said:

Excellent? It was FTG 9/10, better team won but god awful spectacle, both sets of riders weren’t best pleased with the surface on that night 

From updates:

Lots of overtaking between Morris and Wright in the opening two laps.

J Thompson took the lead at the end of the third lap having closed the gap between him and Edwards.

J Thompson taking second place on the second lap.

D Thompson separates the Bears pair on the second bend of the first lap but Wright regained second place on the third lap.

Morris took the early lead and left his team mate to battle it out with the Bears pair.

Bears gate but Worrall uses the inside line & goes up the inside of them both.

Excellent heat for J Thompson, he was in last place until the last lap where he passed the Bears individually on bends to take second place.

Jenkins chases down Morley on L2 then goes after Thompson.

I'm sorry you missed all that, maybe next time you come down you should pay more attention :t:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

From updates:

Lots of overtaking between Morris and Wright in the opening two laps.

J Thompson took the lead at the end of the third lap having closed the gap between him and Edwards.

J Thompson taking second place on the second lap.

D Thompson separates the Bears pair on the second bend of the first lap but Wright regained second place on the third lap.

Morris took the early lead and left his team mate to battle it out with the Bears pair.

Bears gate but Worrall uses the inside line & goes up the inside of them both.

Excellent heat for J Thompson, he was in last place until the last lap where he passed the Bears individually on bends to take second place.

Jenkins chases down Morley on L2 then goes after Thompson.

I'm sorry you missed all that, maybe next time you come down you should pay more attention :t:

‘ Updates ‘ is a reflection of one persons opinion, and usually slightly biased. Having been at that meeting those comments make it sound a lot more exciting than it actually was but rarely do you see ‘ home rider knows where to ride, away rider clearly doesn’t, makes another mistake and gets passed ‘. but each to their own.

54 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

‘ Updates ‘ is a reflection of one persons opinion, and usually slightly biased. Having been at that meeting those comments make it sound a lot more exciting than it actually was but rarely do you see ‘ home rider knows where to ride, away rider clearly doesn’t, makes another mistake and gets passed ‘. but each to their own.

It's 2-2 then, I and the update texter enjoyed it, you and Nassa10 didn't, but the facts were reported, if you don't find that kind of Speedway racing exciting fair enough, I'm not quite sure what you're looking for

Edited by iainb

6 hours ago, iainb said:

It's 2-2 then, I and the update texter enjoyed it, you and Nassa10 didn't, but the facts were reported, if you don't find that kind of Speedway racing exciting fair enough, I'm not quite sure what you're looking for

Not looking for anything, a very strange thing to ask! Not facts though, opinion, just like this.

You enjoyed it, good for you.

23 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Not looking for anything, a very strange thing to ask! Not facts though, opinion, just like this.

You enjoyed it, good for you.

Not strange at all, you must be looking for something when you go to the Speedway, or why bother?

14 hours ago, Elmo said:

60.81 61.85 61.31 61.25 61.22 61.44 62.25 62.40 62.09 61.28 62.66 62.22 62.28 62.69 62.37

Thank you. It's much appreciated.