British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar SGB Championship 29th May 2022- 4pm

1 hour ago, screm said:

I would be surprised if any club would hand out a guaranteed wage, if Newcastle have then that's a poor bit of business IMO.

Why? It makes business sense to have a Number One on a guaranteed fee as it makes budgeting easier. I think the issue is if you have riders on unrealistic guaranteed fees which is a different problem.

Paul Starke did crash heavily in his last ride at Ipswich and received medical attention so my guess on this occasion it’s a genuine absence. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, enotian said:

not sure but as I understand it the former promotion didn't have a sponsor license either. Just relied on being able to sign EU riders who at that time didn't need permits.

That would be correct.   Brexit is the bad apple here, not any lack of ambition on the part of the clubs who desperately need to find riders.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

That would be correct.   Brexit is the bad apple here, not any lack of ambition on the part of the clubs who desperately need to find riders.

& It's even harder to attract better riders being a Sunday track 

4 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Why? It makes business sense to have a Number One on a guaranteed fee as it makes budgeting easier. I think the issue is if you have riders on unrealistic guaranteed fees which is a different problem.

Going by your logic, and going down the budgeting route, then it would business sense to have the entire team on guaranteed wages. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, screm said:

Going by your logic, and going down the budgeting route, then it would business sense to have the entire team on guaranteed wages. 

I bet every rider in the PL and CL is on a guaranteed income otherwise they could afford to do it.

Just as example James Shanes would be out of pocket after having to purchase two new helmets to continue racing after his helmets got damaged beyond use at Edinburgh on Friday. I imagine he wouldn't have much change out of £400 so without a guaranteed income riders wouldn't  be racing I doubt 

• Haha 3

most riders just hope  they get paid and on time lol no guarantees now 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

I bet every rider in the PL and CL is on a guaranteed income otherwise they could afford to do it.

Just as example James Shanes would be out of pocket after having to purchase two new helmets to continue racing after his helmets got damaged beyond use at Edinburgh on Friday. I imagine he wouldn't have much change out of £400 so without a guaranteed income riders wouldn't  be racing I doubt 

Insurance of rider, insurance of club, personal sponsors, gofundme!

Honestly 

Might not be the right place to post this but it does appear to be a "Hot Topic" at present

Not been to any meetings (anywhere) this season (so no idea) however even though it is difficult bringing in riders the following are not new to the league and will improve the team IMHO. That is if they aren't injured and don't have serious Polish commitments; KKH is in the same team as Tero so maybe he is available to do the UK 2nd tier which I don't think the Pole's recognise as a serious league? (will stand corrected) and the two Swedes both have previous with Newcastle. Just depends on how serious the promotion are to be fair in wanting a change

Any Takers

Luke Becker 11.58
Norick Blodorn Poss 4.00 or 5.00 Ass (as still an assessed rider in the top league)
Victor Palovaara 6.25
Ludvig Lindgren 6.47
Kenneth Hansen 6.74
Smetana and Skorja Ass 5's

Drop 1; 6 and 7 for 19.76 points including left-overs

Bring in Hansen Palovaara and Lindgren for 19.46

NEWCASTLE

1) Kenneth Hansen 6.74

2)  Matthew Wethers 5.52

3) Ludvig Lindgren 6.47

4) Victor Palovaara 6.25

5) Paul Starke 6.27

6) Max Clegg 5.26

7) James Wright 5.06

Current Total 41.56

Remaining Points 0.44

Team Total 42

This pushes both Clegg and Wright back into reserve giving genuine strength in depth

The figures need checking out but where there is a will (an all that) there is a way. Potentially a bit more expensive with flights and the like but what do the powers that be do? Keep on ploughing ahead under the current situation? New team manager has been mentioned; paying riders as per contract and without delay may or may not be an issue; get some spirit back in the camp!!! can they or will they just roll on under the current circumstances. As an interested bystander it will be very interesting to see what transpires... 

Regards
THJ

43 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Might not be the right place to post this but it does appear to be a "Hot Topic" at present

Not been to any meetings (anywhere) this season (so no idea) however even though it is difficult bringing in riders the following are not new to the league and will improve the team IMHO. That is if they aren't injured and don't have serious Polish commitments; KKH is in the same team as Tero so maybe he is available to do the UK 2nd tier which I don't think the Pole's recognise as a serious league? (will stand corrected) and the two Swedes both have previous with Newcastle. Just depends on how serious the promotion are to be fair in wanting a change

Any Takers

Luke Becker 11.58
Norick Blodorn Poss 4.00 or 5.00 Ass (as still an assessed rider in the top league)
Victor Palovaara 6.25
Ludvig Lindgren 6.47
Kenneth Hansen 6.74

NEWCASTLE

1) Kenneth Hansen 6.74

2)  Matthew Wethers 5.52

3) Ludvig Lindgren 6.47

4) Victor Palovaara 6.25

5) Paul Starke 6.27

6) Max Clegg 5.26

7) James Wright 5.06

Current Total 41.56

Remaining Points 0.44

Team Total 42

This pushes both Clegg and Wright back into reserve giving genuine strength in depth

The figures need checking out but where there is a will (an all that) there is a way. Potentially a bit more expensive with flights and the like but what do the powers that be do? Keep on ploughing ahead under the current situation? New team manager has been mentioned; paying riders as per contract and without delay may or may not be an issue; get some spirit back in the camp!!! can they or will they just roll on under the current circumstances. As an interested bystander it will be very interesting to see what transpires... 

Regards
THJ

Think Becker and Blodorn are already committed to Sundays elsewhere.

Sam Jensen who rode for Glasgow could be another one who is available oe what about Danny Gappmeier who did a job for Berwick?

Edited by cinderfella
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Any Takers

Luke Becker 11.58
Victor Palovaara 6.25
Ludvig Lindgren 6.47
Kenneth Hansen 6.74

NEWCASTLE

1) Kenneth Hansen 6.74

2)  Matthew Wethers 5.52

3) Ludvig Lindgren 6.47

4) Victor Palovaara 6.25

5) Paul Starke 6.27

6) Max Clegg 5.26

7) James Wright 5.06

Current Total 41.56

Remaining Points 0.44

Team Total 42

Regards
THJ

Hansen.  He rides same Polish team as Tero

21 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Hansen.  He rides same Polish team as Tero

Yes I know and Tero rides over here for feckin Scunny... so if Tero can manage it surely KKH can also do it can he not!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yes I know and Tero rides over here for feckin Scunny... so if Tero can manage it surely KKH can also do it can he not!!!

Lol, I do read both threads. It was a joke, more aimed at Ruff.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Lol, I do read both threads. It was a joke, more aimed at Ruff.

lol, but a didn't post it on this thread,,, lol lol lol, but ad bet you knew ad have a look? ;)

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

lol, but a didn't post it on this thread,,, lol lol lol, but ad bet you knew ad have a look? ;)

But John posted the same on both. So fished him as well.

• Thanks 1