British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Jubilee Weekend Friday - Scunthorpe v Redcar 5pm

2 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

It always says expected, Mr Troll!

For the simple reason some of those riders are in action tonight. Something could always happen (hopefully it won't). 

Please, call me Iain:t:

Maybe all clubs should state expected line ups

Edited by iainb

19 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

What is Tommy Jorgensen's CL average please?

Having a good season in Premiership so probably 6.05 x 1.5 = 9.08

• Like 1

No paramedic on site FFS!

This guy should have his promoters licence taken from him... absolute disgrace to the sport

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

No paramedic on site FFS!

This guy should have his promoters licence taken from him... absolute disgrace to the sport

Nothing like Speedway to sh!t on its paying public and find delays acceptable, there really is no other sport like this

Nothing against Scunthrope directly but the sport as a whole, but then I feel I say the same thing year on year, it needs a major shake up 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Nothing like Speedway to sh!t on its paying public and find delays acceptable, there really is no other sport like this

Nothing against Scunthrope directly but the sport as a whole, but then I feel I say the same thing year on year, it needs a major shake up 

After chancing last week, he's decided to chance it again with 1 paramedic! The guy's a joke! Sun's out, healthy crowd in and we're watching tractor racing to the sounds of the 80's.

Might have a go on the hook a duck... see if i can win my BFH.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

We have 1 paramedic here.the second one was called to an accident and will be here shortly..unless you want us run with one?

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

After chancing last week, he's decided to chance it again with 1 paramedic! The guy's a joke! Sun's out, healthy crowd in and we're watching tractor racing to the sounds of the 80's.

Might have a go on the hook a duck... see if i can win my BFH.

I've read the paramedics have been redirected to an accident last minute so others lives should take priority over a speedway meeting but would any other sport be delayed because of it

Lots of things happening again this season and some things worse than others that really need to be addressed

• Like 1

This tractor racing is becoming more tedious nearly everywhere, and it's really peeing people off now.

At Peterborough last night, it only came out once all evening, and times and quality of racing, albeit mostly from Wolverhampton, were all in the 58.0+ bracket with the exception of Heats 12, 14 & 15 with the slowest being 59.1 which proves we don't need tractors every four races, if the weather is okay, and the track has been prepared properly in the first place.

Interesting comment by Michael Palm Toft in the programme interview, when he says "My thoughts on the state of British Speedway is that there are some changes coming which I hope will improve it for all of us. I truly think to make changes to take a significant step forward would be to move from an amateur sport to a professional sport in Britain - that would really improve the sport here".    Now I wonder what that's all about?????     

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

We have 1 paramedic here.the second one was called to an accident and will be here shortly..unless you want us run with one?

Your promoter is a Grade A Class 1 joke! How many paramedics need to be in attendance to run a meeting?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Your club is a Grade A Class 1 joke! How many paramedics need to be in attendance to run a meeting?

9 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

Why didn't it start at 5 then?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

This tractor racing is becoming more tedious nearly everywhere, and it's really peeing people off now.

At Peterborough last night, it only came out once all evening, and times and quality of racing, albeit mostly from Wolverhampton, were all in the 58.0+ bracket with the exception of Heats 12, 14 & 15 with the slowest being 59.1 which proves we don't need tractors every four races, if the weather is okay, and the track has been prepared properly in the first place.

Interesting comment by Michael Palm Toft in the programme interview, when he says "My thoughts on the state of British Speedway is that there are some changes coming which I hope will improve it for all of us. I truly think to make changes to take a significant step forward would be to move from an amateur sport to a professional sport in Britain - that would really improve the sport here".    Now I wonder what that's all about?????     

" to move from an amateur sport to a professional sport in Britain"

I may be missing something here, but I was under the impression that riders are paid & therefore the Championship and Premiership are professional sports already and run separately from the amateur meetings.

Heat 9 and can't see anything for dust now... and that's after the centre green presenter has just been out to water the track... he should stick to centre green presenting, he ain't bad at that to be fair

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Heat 9 and can't see anything for dust now... and that's after the centre green presenter has just been out to water the track... he should stick to centre green presenting, he ain't bad at that to be fair

I am not there, but I would guess the centre green presenter is also the owner, promoter, track curator,  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BTFC LION said:

I am not there, but I would guess the centre green presenter is also the owner, promoter, track curator,  

And chief bullrubbishter

• Like 1