British Speedway Forum
justathought

LEICESTER v PLYMOUTH 11-6-22 : 6.30pm

The 7 point loss won't cost Plymouth in their play-off hunt, but it must be frustrating to come so close to a point & miss out. That's sport for you!

Edited by szkocjasid

9 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

I can’t remember Kennett ever having a decent meeting at Leicester and he would never have scored what Nicholls did tonight.

I seem to remember him putting us out of the Cup in our Championship winning season by winning heat 15 against Nicholls.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But take those 2 riders out & NL teams will be even weaker, making the gulf to the Champ even bigger & too big a bridge to gap.

Look at Ablitt, a NL heat leader who struggles to average above 2.00 in the Champ. Can't see how making NL even easier for him would transfer to performing better in the Champ.

I think there's a case for allowing riders the likes of Roynon & Complin's standard to race in the NL. When a rider can beat these guys frequently they know they're ready to step up!

I've just done a rough and ready analysis based on the 1-7's (sometimes 1-6) declared on clubs website's and there are 78.5% of PL riders doubling "down" to CL and 20% of NL riders doubling up to CL... quite frankly, that's ridiculous, in an ideal world there wouldn't be any doubling down, but we don't live in that world but those numbers should be a lot nearer 50% for NL riders in my opinion. In that 20% of NL riders doubling up are riders such as Dan & Joe Thompson and Alfie Bowtell who you would class as established CL riders, maybe there should be 1 space in an NL team available for a senior rider to act as a kind of mentor but no more than that.

Cub Connor Coles has yet again been passed by for this afternoons match at Newcastle to ride in the reserve berth in favour of Jason Edwards, performance wise, probably makes sense if you want to maximise every points paying position in the team, for your own clubs rider development makes no sense at all.

20 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

and well I'll take the aggregate win :)

which unfortunately for you counts for nothing :lol:

Edited by iainb

9 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

It was quite bad in the pits but it was worse on the third bend at Berwick last week.

Berwick dust only gives a light tan :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

I seem to remember him putting us out of the Cup in our Championship winning season by winning heat 15 against Nicholls.

I've just done a rough and ready analysis based on the 1-7's (sometimes 1-6) declared on clubs website's and there are 78.5% of PL riders doubling "down" to CL and 20% of NL riders doubling up to CL... quite frankly, that's ridiculous, in an ideal world there wouldn't be any doubling down, but we don't live in that world but those numbers should be a lot nearer 50% for NL riders in my opinion. In that 20% of NL riders doubling up are riders such as Dan & Joe Thompson and Alfie Bowtell who you would class as established CL riders, maybe there should be 1 space in an NL team available for a senior rider to act as a kind of mentor but no more than that.

Cub Connor Coles has yet again been passed by for this afternoons match at Newcastle to ride in the reserve berth in favour of Jason Edwards, performance wise, probably makes sense if you want to maximise every points paying position in the team, for your own clubs rider development makes no sense at all.

Connor is riding for scunthorpe at Glasgow today.

29 minutes ago, iainb said:

How about those doubling up from CL to PL?

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

Done plenty research to find all those percentages, but didn’t think to check if Connor Coles was riding for his own team 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Connor is riding for scunthorpe at Glasgow today.

That's fair enough then I suppose :)

Who's asset is he, do you know?

14 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Done plenty research to find all those percentages, but didn’t think to check if Connor Coles was riding for his own team 

Typed all of that out and didn't think to get your grammar correct -_-

2 percentages, "rough and ready" :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by iainb

10 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Of riders on their way "up" in the sport I'd say: Tom Brennan, Jack Thomas, Josh Pickering, Leon Flint, Drew Kemp, Ryan Douglas and Jordan Palin, although JP has be "rested" by the Panthers

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

That's fair enough then I suppose :)

Who's asset is he, do you know?

I don't know who's asset he is, will ask the question. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

When I started watching the sport in the Seventies riders would only double up if someone kicked them in the b*lls!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Normski said:

Berwick dust only gives a light tan :D

Good job they dont use the black shale like they did back in the good old days we would on our knees :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

When I started watching the sport in the Seventies riders would only double up if someone kicked them in the b*lls!

very good :D

Seriously though, I remember... Joe Owen, Ray Bales and Bob Garrard all turning out for Leicester, all prospects in their day at the time they rode for the Lions, so it's not a new thing

Edited by iainb

Plymouth deserved a point last night . They showed alot of teams how to attack the track and you will get results. They will up there challenging for the title based from what I saw last night. 

• Like 3