British Speedway Forum
justathought

Newcastle v Leicester 12th June 2022

Many years ago I said the same as Diamonds85 and would love to have a go a Promoting if I had the money, when Rod Hunter

heard my comment in the bar he said that I would be a fool to do so and would be taken to the cleaners by the Riders.

I replied that I knew this fact, but would pay to get in the one person who would help me get things done and he was the the late

great Ian Thomas, sadly he has now died and unfortunately I would not have anything to do with sport as it is not the same

as the 60's and 70's.

3 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

Many years ago I said the same as Diamonds85 and would love to have a go a Promoting if I had the money, when Rod Hunter

heard my comment in the bar he said that I would be a fool to do so and would be taken to the cleaners by the Riders.

I replied that I knew this fact, but would pay to get in the one person who would help me get things done and he was the the late

great Ian Thomas, sadly he has now died and unfortunately I would not have anything to do with sport as it is not the same

as the 60's and 70's.

Matey, I think Ian might just have taken you to the cleaners every bit as much, and much-more cleverly, than any rider!

But I agree, any newbie owner HAS to employ an experienced speedway person to run his club.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Matey, I think Ian might just have taken you to the cleaners every bit as much, and much-more cleverly, than any rider!

But I agree, any newbie owner HAS to employ an experienced speedway person to run his club.

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Peter Waite had the right idea when he locked him in the Black & Gold car park.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Peter Waite had the right idea when he locked him in the Black & Gold car park.

Aye… PW wasn’t a fan of his at all :lol:

Honestly the most insulting thing about this whole situation is the complete radio silence from the club after such a shocking and pathetic display yesterday. He should be keeping well in contact with what little fans he has left, be it honestly telling us the situation (can't afford riders) or we're in talks with a specific rider and hope to be able to announce something within x amount of days... We are his paying customers at the end of the day... And the way things are going our numbers will be in double digits not triple...

• Like 1

Watching this meeting now & it really is hard to watch. Newcastle were awful, the track didn't produce good racing, it's no surprise they didn't last the season. Very dissapointing as I had enjoyed many visits to Newcastle over the years. Never was a good track for overtaking, but I guess you knew that going in & hopes for a close score at least.

One thing about the comments of Leicester's wage bill being so much (one reason they moved up to the Prem possibly) why didn't they give Joe T a r/r outing, they could announce its to give him track time / find his form, even if secretly it was to save money.

Also found the commentator treating the Thompson's as one, when Joe had a bad ride made a comments about then being busy - but Dan was riding well. Feels like I've read so many comments on the forum about "both Thompsons struggling etc" as if they're the same standard, when Dan had been doing better. I certainly don't remember a similar thing happening to Richie & Steve Worrall.