Newcastle now closed !!!

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Did the guy have a French accent?

Close he may have been from Belgium or maybe 5under1and

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Close he may have been from Belgium or maybe 5under1and

Wasn't Peter Reid was it?

19 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hello @Winditon what was the GDPR like on your email were you one of 45 or so other names all copied into the same email or were you "blind copied" into it? and unable to see anyone else's name. Under GDPR you may have a claim as your privacy has been breached. All those sent an email should have been "blind copied" in. There has been a breach in the GDPR regulations as everyone else on that email has had there information shared with each other and therefore breaching their anonymity and right to privacy.

If this was the case it may well be worth having an online chat with the ICO https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ and see what the position is...

If your GDPR has been breached then its just adding insult to injury... this is the next big thing for solicitors on the no win no fee merry-go-round after Will contesting and especially now that the ambulance chasers have been shut down... 

Regards
THJ

Good luck with that if you do. I had a company sending me texts and emails without my permission and made a complaint to the ICO after that company ignored my requests to take me off their mailing lists. Absolutely nothing happened despite approaching the ICO several times.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hello @Winditon what was the GDPR like on your email were you one of 45 or so other names all copied into the same email or were you "blind copied" into it? and unable to see anyone else's name. Under GDPR you may have a claim as your privacy has been breached. All those sent an email should have been "blind copied" in. There has been a breach in the GDPR regulations as everyone else on that email has had there information shared with each other and therefore breaching their anonymity and right to privacy.

If this was the case it may well be worth having an online chat with the ICO https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ and see what the position is...

If your GDPR has been breached then its just adding insult to injury... this is the next big thing for solicitors on the no win no fee merry-go-round after Will contesting and especially now that the ambulance chasers have been shut down... 

Regards
THJ

Unfortunately the ICO are hugely under-resourced and you've got virtually no chance of getting anything back from an email. By time this government rips apart the DPA 2018 then we'll not have much data protection anyway so I can't see the solicitors getting far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyPresley said:

Good luck with that if you do. I had a company sending me texts and emails without my permission and made a complaint to the ICO after that company ignored my requests to take me off their mailing lists. Absolutely nothing happened despite approaching the ICO several times.

Ive looked into what the ICO do in these instances and all they really seem to do is tell these companies to change their practices. 

30 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Ive looked into what the ICO do in these instances and all they really seem to do is tell these companies to change their practices. 

They don't seem to be very good at enforcing their own laws, which you can seemingly abuse as much as you like with no repercussions. They are though very good at reminding you when you owe them money after your registration with them has lapsed or is due for renewal.

• Like 1

Anyone have a good barrister?

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Wasn't Peter Reid was it?

I know the galleries is full of monkeys but nope

10 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

It was the copper out of "Allo Allo"...

"Ze Spoodway iz nit ranning ini mooooor"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I know the galleries is full of monkeys but nope

Not many monkeys in Hartlepool tho, apparently. 

Especially with foreign accents.  ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

It was well known in the North-East that they hung French monkey from a sailing ship was wrecked of the coast near Hartlepool.

They thought it was a spy and despite being in uniform it was tried and hung on the high steet so that everybody could see what

happened to all potential invaders 

Edited by scampispeedway
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

They thought it was a spy and despite being in uniform it was tried and hung on the high steet so that everybody could see what

happened to all potential invaders 

A wonder if the accused offered a good defence?

On 8/1/2022 at 4:39 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I put the accounts up a long while back for all the expert accountants out their to have their say and not a squeak... the silence has been deafening after all the "Bulls-Squirt" about Honest George and how he would never leave a £158k VAT bill as he was too honest for that... which we now all know is true... yet the information in the form of the last accounts was handed to these clowns on a plate and nothing...

You are spot on with your analogy and everything you have said is correct...

The Go Fund Me pot and Directors Loan account are one and the same I would suggest (until proved otherwise)... The Go Fund Me monies were spent however they have never been identified (yet) on any accounts? funny that eh? could it be that JER is saying the Go Fund Me monies were his and that he put that cash in? something that the cynic might put forward as an argument... as technically he did...we gave it to him and he put it into the club!!!  and what about the near £30k plus brought in for the last ever (sic) meeting at Brough Park against Brum? where is that or the "super duper" investment deal and sponsorship? All "Bulls-Squirt"

I think (but cant honestly remember) that the liquidator has to provide a closing set of accounts... those will make interesting reading especially with all the tractors; plant and gear that is being sold for cash in hand from the stadium... "Who said VAT" oops I mean that... "Who said That"

Roll up roll up Shale for Sale quid a bag...

Regards
THJ

Just as a matter of interest and perhaps posting as one of the "expert accountants out their (?).....", not that I profess to be an expert by any means, I do wish to make several observations of my own to add some degree of balance to the dialogue particularly as I make no apology for questioning some of the claims and accusations which were being levelled at George English in previous threads and posts on this forum.

Firstly, and just to remind myself if nothing else, it should be noted that the Liquidators final account for Newspeed 2003 Limited was made up to 1 July 2021 and that company was actually struck off from the company register on 7 December 2021. There is no mention whatsoever in the final account of any monies being received from a GoFundMe source even though this apparently started producing donations in June 2021 according to Steve Park. One presumes that these funds were received by Newcastle Diamonds Limited, although that is entirely conjecture on my part.

Secondly, the Liquidator made the following remarks in his final report -

"INVESTIGATION INTO THE AFFAIRS OF THE COMPANY

I undertook an initial investigation into the Company's affairs to establish whether there were any potential asset recoveries or conduct matters that justified further investigation, taking account of the public interest, potential recoveries, the funds likely to be available to fund an investigation, and the costs involved.

Within three months of my appointment as Liquidator, I am required to submit a confidential report to the Secretary of State to include any matters which have come to my attention during the course of my work which may indicate that the conduct of any past or present Director would make them unfit to be concerned with the management of the Company.

I would confirm that my report has been submitted."

In other words, the Liquidators report was filed on or before 1 July 2021 and the company was dissolved 6 months later without any objection it would seem from any creditors including HMRC for a massive £158K plus VAT debt.

So here we are in 2022 and there is still no definitive evidence in the public domain which would support any allegations of wrongdoing against former directors of Newspeed 2003 Limited. There is a list of corporate and personal tax defaulters published by HMGov which is regularly updated. This list includes details up to and including offences committed in 2021 for amounts considerably less than £158K. Nowhere can I see any reference whatsoever to either the company or individuals who were directors of that company.

So what am I missing? I hardly think HMRC are sufficiently compassionate to let off an individual who has deliberately and fraudulently underdeclared VAT revenue to the tune of £158K, so what can be the explanation that no one is apparently being held accountable for such a massive loss to the Treasury?

All in all it's a really sad state of affairs and I doubt we are ever going to hear the full story from official sources for reasons I know not why.

Edited by Aceslider
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

I was gonna ask if he had a canoe!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

So what am I missing? I hardly think HMRC are sufficiently compassionate to let off an individual who has deliberately and fraudulently underdeclared VAT revenue to the tune of £158K, so what can be the explanation that no one is apparently being held accountable for such a massive loss to the Treasury?

Well funny you should mention that and I have also been monitoring the HMRC website and not just for this one but for a client we done work for who were on the brink and owed our company money... we couldn't understand what had gone on because very similar to the Diamonds scenario this company went through non payment of VAT... Went pop then were miraculously brought back into being with the same directors and a slightly different company name... and to cut a very long story short the two directors in this case done a deal with HMRC to pay about 90k each off a 286k VAT underpayment... they got a 106k rebate off a bill by stumping up 180k between them... doesn't help us we got hit for 19k once we claimed back the VAT as bad debt... however and to come back to what we might be missing "has a deal been done" because it is the only way you would get away without being prosecuted... and you would never be able to find out unless someone was to freely offer the information...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 2