British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Oxford vs Glasgow 22nd June

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

That daft mini league on a Monday and Thursday is good for the riders to earn a bit extra cash , but it's annoying when they come into the important stuff carrying knocks 

Paul you tinker :D

37 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If there's one place you don't mind paying for secure parking it's possilpark :rofl:

I've never had trouble parking on the road. I do sometimes use the Allied Vehicles staff car park, but Maryhill Tesco is far riskier than Ashfield Street.

54 minutes ago, Rico said:

Any chance of finding another spot for the enormous tractor to park as it does block the view of parts of the track. You can't see the start/finish line from the entry to bend 3. 

Totally agree. The thing needs to be shifted. Much of the viewing on the home straight is low down and that thing doesn't help.

On a positive note well done to both teams for a great evening's speedway. It could have gone either way right up to the last heat. Glad to see some good British talent as well in Hume and Brennan. How people can spent multiple posts having a moan after such  a really good meeting beats me. The crowd was good as well.

As much as I like Scott Nicholls it was a privilege again to see Bomber in action. I remember his early days at Brandon where I declared with authority and great wisdom that he would never make it. He must be the most entertaining British rider since Loram. The day he retires will be a sad day for speedway. The man deserves a knighthood for services to our sport - Sir Bomber arise and let's hope you forever! miss the gate!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I've never had trouble parking on the road. I do sometimes use the Allied Vehicles staff car park, but Maryhill Tesco is far riskier than Ashfield Street.

Maryhill Tesco car park is like Tombstone. There have been several muggings at the cash points there.

On 6/22/2022 at 11:25 PM, Wobblywheel said:

Is nobody going to say what a fantastic job the promotion at Oxford are doing? The racing tonight was brilliant, the track was well prepared despite temperatures of about 28 degrees, with no dust until heat 14. A good crowd and a great atmosphere, it was simply exciting - like speedway should be but at most tracks it is not.

To the person whinging about the £1.00 booking fee. I would like to inform you that 2 weeks ago the meeting was cancelled after heat 4 due to rain and guess what, the promotion gave everyone free admission tonight. I do not think many tracks would do that. Oh, and parking at Unipart is free with a free shuttle bus. But hey -ho you can’t please every body all of the time. Personally, I’ just delighted to see Oxford running again after 15 years.

OK, I will. My high spot was the atmosphere on the terraces, totally different to previous seasons' visits to Sandy Lane. Early heats were hardly the best but fans audibly getting behind the riders in each race was fantastic, and with the excellent last two heats, the noise was overwhelming. Dozens of 20 somethings dancing on the terraces, when Oxford went ahead for the first time after heat 15, certainly was a slap in the face for the inaccurate oft quoted profile of the average speedway fan. Great stuff. Easy to join in. 

My second visit of the season with a 150 mile round trip, and petrol at £1.95 a litre, was no cheap jaunt, but well worth the effort, so much so that we have already booked tickets for next week, with extra bodies in tow. 

Wouldn't be the BSF without a moan so negatives are, food in the main stand, needed when coming straight from work, is really overpriced crap. Solved by dropping in at one of the many eateries in London Road on the way, to have a more substantial and nutritious meal, at around the same price. All real ale had run out in the bar, but this is possibly a positive sign that the good burghers of The City of Dreaming Spires may have educated palates to drink it dry, so hopefully extra supplies will be ordered in future to quench the thirst.    

OK, those were  tongue in cheek, and certainly irrelevant to the excellent job done by the promotion, in respect of the main course.

One genuine minor moan, and I say this as someone who accepts the need for positive track grading, but WTF didn't they do the track grade whilst it was clear for around 10 minutes, after Broc's fall in heat 4. No problems with him having a breather, and time to recover but to have the rerun and then carry out a grade, taking around the same time as the gap to the rerun, was a careless lapse. 

Anyhow, bedtime after waiting for the bye election results to come in; Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss. See you next week; mine's a pint of Doombar