British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Monarchs vs Cheetahs Championship 24/06

1 minute ago, Trees said:

Re Pickering, I love watching him race but I'd love, for his sake and ours, for him to gate consistently ......

I get what you mean but that would deny us some extraordinary racing. 

• Like 1

Just now, JanAndersen said:

I get what you mean but that would deny us some extraordinary racing. 

Let's go 3 good gates, 2 poor gates lol  You ought to have seen the 4th bend line he took at Lynn last night to defeat Holder in heat 13!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Indeed - second all of that.  If Nicholls had have been fit he most likely would have added another 5 at least to Flints score, but he wasn't and they did well with what they had and deserved their point.  As expected Dillon Ruml 's 13 really kept them in the hunt and does seem to enjoy this track. Apart from Sam and Josh, who are imperious just about everywhere, the backup has been frustratingly inconsistent for most of the season. if Monarchs do win through to the play-offs that would be a reasonable bonus for the 2022 campaign, as early on some on here were predicting a bottom 2 finish for the 5 times League Champions..

Would he though? Can you honestly say that he would've had more than the 7 points Flint had after 3 rides, dropping points only to Sam and Josh, he may or may not have got a few in 13 & 15 but certainly not guaranteed the form Sam and Josh were in tonight! So certainly don't think you can say he would've got at least five more than Leon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Indeed - second all of that.  If Nicholls had have been fit he most likely would have added another 5 at least to Flints score, but he wasn't and they did well with what they had and deserved their point.  As expected Dillon Ruml 's 13 really kept them in the hunt and does seem to enjoy this track. Apart from Sam and Josh, who are imperious just about everywhere, the backup has been frustratingly inconsistent for most of the season. if Monarchs do win through to the play-offs that would be a reasonable bonus for the 2022 campaign, as early on some on here were predicting a bottom 2 finish for the 5 times League Champions..

Flint only got beaten by Masters and Pickering and the form they were on tonight and that Nicholls is I’m currently I’m not sure he’d have bested them 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Monarchs should certainly hit 50 & end Oxford's play-off hopes

5 hours ago, jenga said:

they wont now you have put that on here .

Expected Edinburgh to do better, but they got the 3 points they needed

Sunny Armadale was more of a dusty springfield as the much promised natural sprinkle failed to drop itself on the stadium.

As a racing spectacle, it's fair to say Harvey Weinstein made more passes in 30 seconds than the total mustered in this meeting's first 12 races. And then we received the glorious treat that was heat 13. I tip my hat to all 4 riders.

Main talking point early doors was the lack of a TS in heat 6. Indeed, all 3 opportunities were wilfully ignored by both team managers during the course of the evening. The last 2 didn't matter as they delivered 5-1's anyway but the first failure probably gifted the Cheetahs a point. That said, they certainly earned their spots tonight.

A sideshow to this evening's main course was a Team Australia 4's competition. The home side won that particular clash 40-22 if anyone's much fussed.

For the Monarchs, tonight exposed the glaring vulnerabilities within the team. Only the much vaunted top 2 achieved their average. The rest had their moments, some more fleeting than others. The glue that is Kye Thomson, for example, will never score a less convincing 6 points in his career.

For the Cheetahs, solid scoring was the order of the day (well, night). Biggest disappointment was Batchelor boy although, when he was correctly shoved back 15 metres in heat 9, I did mutter "Congratulations". It was also pleasing to see young Killeen hold him off for the solitary point in the rerun. A very promising performance. His super smooth riding style reminds me of Daniel Bewley in his speedway nappy days.

Ach well. Roll on Friday...

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

Sunny Armadale was more of a dusty springfield as the much promised natural sprinkle failed to drop itself on the stadium.

As a racing spectacle, it's fair to say Harvey Weinstein made more passes in 30 seconds than the total mustered in this meeting's first 12 races. And then we received the glorious treat that was heat 13. I tip my hat to all 4 riders.

Main talking point early doors was the lack of a TS in heat 6. Indeed, all 3 opportunities were wilfully ignored by both team managers during the course of the evening. The last 2 didn't matter as they delivered 5-1's anyway but the first failure probably gifted the Cheetahs a point. That said, they certainly earned their spots tonight.

A sideshow to this evening's main course was a Team Australia 4's competition. The home side won that particular clash 40-22 if anyone's much fussed.

For the Monarchs, tonight exposed the glaring vulnerabilities within the team. Only the much vaunted top 2 achieved their average. The rest had their moments, some more fleeting than others. The glue that is Kye Thomson, for example, will never score a less convincing 6 points in his career.

For the Cheetahs, solid scoring was the order of the day (well, night). Biggest disappointment was Batchelor boy although, when he was correctly shoved back 15 metres in heat 9, I did mutter "Congratulations". It was also pleasing to see young Killeen hold him off for the solitary point in the rerun. A very promising performance. His super smooth riding style reminds me of Daniel Bewley in his speedway nappy days.

Ach well. Roll on Friday...

That blunder by Alex Harkess in ht 6, when it was obvious to bring in Pickering as a TS. instead of Hook (who could have later taken Complin's 4th ride instead) as R/R, probably would have denied Oxford the 1 match point they ended up with.

Given the tight race for the final top 6 qualifying spot,  tonight's managerial howler could crucially benefit Oxford when the league fixtures are finally completed.

A point was definitely deserved. Batchelor in ht9 and Summers in ht12 would have been favourites to win those heats so could have been even better. Masters n Pickering never looked like being beaten, even when they were briefly headed in ht 13. Would have taken a point before the start thou.

• Like 1

Heat 13 & also 15 were pure quality!!!  

To be fair tho’, the races Paco & Kye “failed” in, you have to give credit to the opposition.

I was impressed with Leon Flint until he was swallowed up by the Dynamic Duo (no criticism intended) - Tidy rider.

Nice to see Aaron back and on form.

The Track was difficult for all due to the promised rain failing to show but hey, who can predict what the Armadale clouds are going to do

17 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Last night’s spectacular heat 13.

Masters using all his Karlsson corridor skills to go inside Batch haha