British Speedway Forum
longlivefrankie

website idea?

hi all

just thinking couldnt someone start a website with a database of at least one picture of every rider we can get whose ever rode in an official meeting?

ideal i guess would be 1 portrait 1 action with a little detail? a who's who of all time i guess. im sure all the fans interested could dig out all their old photos ive got loads of old newport ones and seventies ones. we just need someone to tkae on this enormous job lol :blink: or has someboy already done it?

Phew! :o That would be an enormous undertaking and I can't see it ever getting off the ground, but good luck if anyone wants to try.

I've got a photo of Charlie Barsby and Bryan Elliott. Never heard of them? That's what I mean! There are thousands of riders out there who have ridden in official fixtures. Perhaps it would be best to just pick a decade to start with - like 1990's to 2000 and then work backwards to Norbold's day. :D

Hi

Polish website Sportowe Fakty, I work, plans history of all riders.

Riders, Nation, DOB, Licence, Clubs, Years riding etc.

Best Wishes

Perhaps it would be best to just pick a decade to start with - like 1990's to 2000 and then work backwards to Norbold's day. :D

norbold's day?????????????????????????????????????????????????? :blink:

i realise it would be an enormous undertaking but i would imagine it an ongoing process! starting and going on and on as people emailed in photos, but what a asset to go and check who's who?

Perhaps it would be best to just pick a decade to start with - like 1990's to 2000 and then work backwards to Norbold's day.  :D

norbold's day?????????????????????????????????????????????????? :blink:

They mean Nineteen Canteen Norman don't they? :approve::approve::approve:

Good idea and, while it is an enormous undertaking, we are at the starting process of building a gallery of 70s & 80s pics on our Retro-Speedway website.

It will take a long time to build up the galleries but we already have a massive archive of old pics and will add to the site on a regular basis. We are sorting and scanning photos now, so leave it a couple of weeks and then take a look on our site for nostalgic action and portrait photos of so many old favourites and also lesser lights...

Tony Mac

Backtrack Magazine

Edited by Steve Turner

I'm in the midst of creating a website containing every rider who's competed in the top two leagues since 1965.

Gonna be a fair while until it's completed though!! ;)

Gonna be a fair while until it's completed though!! ;)

It will be if you keep stopping to post on here. :wink::D

Tony(tmc), the link you posted was broken.

I've fixed it now, for those who want to visit your site.

Good idea and, while it is an enormous undertaking, we are at the starting process of building a gallery of 70s & 80s pics on our Retro-Speedway website.

Sounds like my kind of magazine is it too late to subscribe as the website is 2003© so exactly how many issues have I missed so far? and how much will it cost to get the lot that are back issues. Checked on the website and it wont let me into the back issues part. :unsure::oops:

It's definitely NOT too late to subscribe - in fact, lost of new readers are subscribing each day.

Issue 2 was posted out to subscribers tonight, but we still have copies of issue 1 in stock.

A subscription in the UK for the first six issues costs £16. You can subscribe online by filling in the form at http://www.retro-speedway.com

Or you can phone 01708 379 079 and pay by credit card.

Or send cheque (payable to Backtrack) to us at:

Backtrack Magazine (Subs), Unit 4, Ashton Gate, Ashton Road, Harold Hill, Romford, Essex, RM3 8UF.

Hope this explains all you need to know.

Tony Mac

or has someboy already done it?

Gideon have something similar on their site loads of pictures of a lot of riders

Cheers TMC have subscribed and would like from Issue 1 if possible. Look forward to receiving this as I'm sure my Dad will also be interested in having a read as well.

Edited by shazzybird

Sounds interesting. I could maybe set up a website with pictures of riders that have ridden in official meetings. This however would be a big task for anyone to do on there own, so if anyone is prepared in giving me some help then it would be very much appriciated. Any help at all.

If you have photo's of any riders with a brief decription of who they are and who they have ridden for then I would be willing to give it a go.

I will start with photo's from the 1990'and 2000's

This is a big project and will take a lot of time and effort to produce, so please bear with me.

If any one has a bit of time to spare or can help in any way or has got any photo's then please send them to me at Speedwaydons91@aol.com and I will get back to you.

Many Thanks Becky

I will start with photo's from the 1990'and 2000's

Wake me up when you get to the 50s and 60s... :approve: