British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Panthers v Stars 04/07/22

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Actually he's been better than that 14, 12, 6, 18, 10, 14, 11 in his home meetings! Which has surprised me, I suppose when you see him riding here there and everywhere coupled with the below par performances from the rest of the team sometimes his performances can become a bit of a blur.

I was referring too some of his performances away aswell but yeah he’s been our best rider by a mile this season so far. 

I think a lot have become expectant with basso because of how could he can be but still needs time on some of the away tracks, we shouldn’t be looking at him too be scoring the most points or 2nd most points each meeting.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Why do people think NKI is returning any time soon ? Poland is late August/early September at best- Denmark mid September and Sweden early/mid September.

People think he might be back late July because that is what the club told everybody!

http://kingslynn-speedway.com/news.php?extend.31208

Believe it when I see it though. 

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

"in the best interests"may come in handy which has been proved by Ipswich and Belle Vue this season:P:)

Indeed - it quite contagious!! :D

• Like 1

Have to say it was great to see a Speedway meeting can be run in under 1 hour 45 minutes with a 10 minute parade, a 10 minute interval and both teams running R/R. A lesson many other promotions could learn from

• Like 1

Gating tart.......

• Like 1

Surprised to not see anybody comment on Ostergaard twice saying that Pickering's riding in heat 15 was "dirty" and he was pretty p1ssed off with it on the British Speedway podcast

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

Surprised to not see anybody comment on Ostergaard twice saying that Pickering's riding in heat 15 was "dirty" and he was pretty p1ssed off with it on the British Speedway podcast

Presumably this is with regard to him trying to slow UO to get Lawson into third? Can't say I'm a fan of slowing races down like that unless it's trying to keep a team mate ahead ie team riding. Should add a bit of spice to the next Scottish derby anyway.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Presumably this is with regard to him trying to slow UO to get Lawson into third? Can't say I'm a fan of slowing races down like that unless it's trying to keep a team mate ahead ie team riding. Should add a bit of spice to the next Scottish derby anyway.

Yes, the slowing in heat 15, I think some tracks, the smaller ones, lend themselves better to this sort of thing than the big Peterborough track where the speeds are so much higher for longer. I can't understand why it's not being made a thing though, it's not everyday we hear a rider calling another rider dirty, not in the media anyway. You'd think the promotions would be trying to stoke some local rivalry up out of this... but nothing 

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Think oystercard got a cheek he wants to think of some of the moves he’s pulled over the years. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Think oystercard got a cheek he wants to think of some of the moves he’s pulled over the years. 

And criticising another rider for going slow is a case of the pot calling the kettle black!

• Haha 2